SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My friend is beeing scammed, please advise

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma: If you would take the time to read my first post, you would see I am not pursuing any future relationship with this girl as anything but friends. I am, however, very curious to see if she's "for real", if she turns out to be the girl she says that she is in real life. Simply because I know that writing mails or chatting on the net is not enough to see what kind of person you are speaking with.

I guess there really is an ethical dilemma here. If I tell her that I won't accept the offer, she won't come, because she decided that if there wasn't any hope for us being together, she didn't want to come visit me, she didn't want to become emotionally involved.
And if I never meet her, I won't know anything about her, for real.

I guess the best thing to do, would be to tell her that I'm not sure that I can receive the gift, because I've never met her, and that I'll have to make that decision when we've actually met. But even that wouldn't be completely right, if I've actually decided to reject her offer beforehand.
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@mr Jazz: You are now telling us that your real interest always was to meet this girl and get to know her better …

mr Jazz wrote:
Today:… my intention was to meet up with her and talk, first of all. I got the idea from her as well that she wanted to meet me and get to know me somewhat in a more personal way before dealing with the whole money business. I wasn't really intending to go and just collect the money.

But according to what you wrote just yesterday, neither one of you had any intentions other than have that bundle of money change hands and then you two would split very rapidly …

mr Jazz wrote:
Tomorrow (Monday) we were supposed to meet up, and then afterwards she would leave the country, the same day.

I gotta give it to you, buddy. Every aspect of this story changes very drastically … And very rapidly … Now you see it, now you don’t …

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh my.

Okay, so I guess I misunderstood your intentions with this young woman. What you are telling me now is that you have no interest in her other than "friends", and yet you want to accept $30,000 from her.

And SHE has no interest in you other than friends, yet she wants to give you, a stranger, $30,000 and then go on her way.

I have revised my opinion. This is a scam. 100%.

And you are attempting to take advantage of an unbalanced young woman. Because if it WASN'T a scam, that's what it would be.

I'm sorry, Mr. Jazz, but in the real world, wealthy young women don't just hand huge bags o' cash like that to men they've never met, and have no interest in. It just doesn't happen. And if it did, it would be indicative of something seriously wrong upstairs. And anyone who would accept that money would be acting unethically.

I'm done.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*Tosses something shiny across the room to distract Cachuma*

I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to remove "ethics" from the equation and focus more on the "scam" aspect of it. That is what we do here after all.
I would leave the rest of it to the psychiatrists.

If this woman happened to be genuine (which she isn't).
Then I have certainly heard and seen men and women do far stranger things.

This woman strikes me as having some incredible baiter-behavior.
I would almost put my money on an angry ex-girlfriend of yours Jazz.
Or at least someone trying to dick you around because they think it's funny.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't help but agree with Blah

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha! Imagine us getting stuck into an ethics thread, who'd have thought it?! Your motivations are entirely unimportant to me, but I'm hooked to see the outcome Smile

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to enter a discussions about ethics, but I guess it would be right to just leave it. It's beside the point, really.

About me "changing my story", I guess I haven't been sharing all my personal thoughts from the beginning, but I'm starting now. So that would be the change you see..

I've been doing some thinking, and I think I will have to challenge her more when she contacts me again. I will demand an email, and some more information from her. I'm really starting to think she could chicken out if I keep pushing her. So I'll try. Smile
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrJazz - can we have an update on her apparent whereabouts and itinerary and intentions, please?

Purple Flower
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
I'm really starting to think she could chicken out if I keep pushing her. So I'll try. Smile

Either that or, she'll realize you're no longer the easy mark she thought you would be, and drop you! Very Happy

mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett:

She is currently in Porto, Portugal. She is supposed to figure out how to work out the declaration, for customs in Portugal, I guess. It's more complicated that she thought, and she is supposed to contact me when she figures it out, to make new plans for meeting me.

Or so she says.

I'm really getting upset, because I can't find any information about her. If she would send me an email, I would be able to do SOME searching. But she hasn't yet. I can't find her name as a student at the University of Porto, which is one indicator that she is lying about something, at least. She told me that was probably because she was an "exchange student", which doesn't make sense to me. I get a feeling I'll never figure out who she really is, not on my own anyway.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jazz

Tell her you are having issues with the dating site and viewing your emails there. (Yes, it's a lie)

Tell her it would be way easier to use normal email.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:
If she would send me an email, I would be able to do SOME searching. But she hasn't yet.

Clue #5748 that this is a scammer.

Quote:
I can't find her name as a student at the University of Porto, which is one indicator that she is lying about something, at least. She told me that was probably because she was an "exchange student", which doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
I get a feeling I'll never figure out who she really is, not on my own anyway

And if it turns out she was a scammer, you're right, you never will. But then that's okay...you don't really need to know. The important thing will be that you didn't get scammed. Smile And that's all we're really after...to make sure you are safe.

Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm really getting upset, because I can't find any information about her.

Now that's a real clue. Not even after all of your um... reflection, and helpful 'inside' information which for whatever reason hasn't to this point been disclosed? Wink

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Stander
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrJazz wrote:

She is currently in Porto, Portugal. She is supposed to figure out how to work out the declaration, for customs in Portugal, I guess. It's more complicated that she thought, and she is supposed to contact me when she figures it out, to make new plans for meeting me.

She'll come up, don't worry Smile She'll write you something like "Oh my dear and beloved friend, those cops just stole my money, and even if I am only a student, my wealthy biological father who's now in Malaysia knows an UN diplomat who can help us get money through the customs, but only if we will give him a little share, not more than 10 thousands, and even if you do not even saw each other, I love you and please pay and we will live happy until our death on Hawaii, because my biological father in Indo.. ooops, in Malaysia, even if he's rich, he has problems with law and all his funds, 60 mln dollars are in a bank in South Africa, and because he will die soon we can claim those money, for only 50.000, my dear ... ... ... ..."
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This story is undoubtedly filled with "first times ever", but this latest one has definitely caught my attention quite more than the others ...

This has to be the "first time ever" that a scammer chickens out of a meeting with a victim. And specially when the victim has agreed to everything to meet her, even traveling from his home city to a different one (Stockholm to Oslo) without any logical reason.

I guess we're not dealing here with the old and predictable Charles Soludos or Maryam Abachas anymore ...

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just a reverse safari Smile

xdisolvedgirlx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something is not sitting right with me and I really can't tell if it's because I think the girl is a baiter, Mr Jazzy is a baiter and he's coyly asking for help (without asking for help) or because it's all crap. But no women, rich women, do not offer out bags of money. (actually sounds like my character.....)

Women do not tell a man that she has been chatting with on a romance site, that she will visit him and give him money AFTER he told her not to come the first time because of interests in another girl. Speaking as a girl - a disolved girl - there is no way in hell she would do that. If she tells you she is, it's because she's a woman scorned and she's playing you like a baiter would.

Like it was said before, if this chick is really comming to meet you with sacks of cash she is mentally unstable and that could be even more dangerous than a sane scammer. (sociopaths tend not to care when they kill people).

For a girl so smart, she is not very bright. At best, it slipped her mind to secure the money crossing borders. This after you disucss the difficulties of transporting so much $$$ (or else why not bank transfer???)

I tend to agree she is an exgirlfriend or a scorned crush who thinks your a d!ck. Or at the very least someone you know playing a mean practical joke on you because they knew you would fall for it.

At worst she is a nut case and could be sitting outside your house right/diriving by every 5 minutes like clock work.

Ethical or not (I'm not one to judge cause I wouldn't be so quick to turn down free $$$) it's not safe for you and I really hope you tell her no before she flies out to your area and has even more of a reason to go psycho on you.
xdisolvedgirlx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Philo Kvetch wrote:
It's just a reverse safari Smile
How so/on whose part??
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Now that's a real clue. Not even after all of your um... reflection, and helpful 'inside' information which for whatever reason hasn't to this point been disclosed? Wink

If you'd pay attention, you'd seen that I have given information to other members of this site, for them to help me look it up. My friend, who started this thread, is also quite able to utilize the information I have to search for information on the web. It's obvious why I won't share all the information I have of this girl with EVERYONE in this forum, isn't it?

It appears, however, that if she is in fact a "real" person, she has not yet been caught, and she is basically untraceable.

I sincerely doubt that she'll come up with the whole "Oh, please give me some money to help me out". It just wouldn't make sense. Not after all that she told, and the fact that I'm not in such a financial crisis that I NEED the help she can offer. I would be better off, that's for sure, but I wouldn't risk everyting for it to happen. And I think she knows that by now.

Anyway, I have a question. If she's really thinking about dumping 30.000 that probably come from illegal activities, how would she benefit from that afterwards? Without having my home adress, and such, I mean. I'm asking out of curiosity, because I know now that I'll never find out for sure. I know that I would get in trouble by accepting the money, but I just don't know what kind of trouble it could be. Any ideas?
[/quote]
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ xdisolvedgirlx

In the Eater dimension Baiters sarafi Scammers.........

This thread [the Alternative Universe] Scammers safari Baiters - everything is reversed....

nevermind

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Getting her on email would be a huge help in identifying where she really is. Why don't you help her? Create a yahoo account for her, send her the login details so she can email you - due to the problems you're having at the date site.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotta's suggestion of opening a yahoo account for her is a good one - it just takes one email...

Alternatively, perhaps you can get her to follow a link in chat? Following a web link will also give away her IP address, and doubtless somebody here has a server with logging enabled to see where connections are coming from. The page could just hold an amusing Garfield cartoon (there must be *one*, surely?), she need only visit it once...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just pulled a handful of posts from this thread. There have been several requests to stop calling troll and give this member the benefit of doubt.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, or if you are unable to ask your questions in a respectful manner, please refrain from posting here.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to PM me.

GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW isn't she supposed to meet you today? I'm sure that in Stockholm it's late night Monday or early Tuesday.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
mrJazz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have been communicating through a chat client. She has been sending me offline messages instead of mails. I've asked her to send me mails, because I have "problems receiving all the offline messages". She seems to be sending messages, and not mails because, I dunno, maybe she doesn't WANT to be located?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic