SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ars Technica Article

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This bot does not find any of this to be amusing. Of course, this bot has no emotions so this bot does not find anything amusing ... or disturbing ... or sad.

This bot could list thousands of more words which describe emotions which this bot does not feel but this bot can sense that non-bots would soon be filled with the emotion of impatience.

This bot must get back to reading PMs.....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As previously stated, I usually back out of the heated exchanges when they occur here or elsewhere, but this guy just looked like too much fun!

Now every single day I happily log in to see what nonsense he has left for me the night before! Very Happy

Towards the beginning of this, I actually had to put a bit of thought into what I was writing, but as it's progressed (or digressed, take your pick) I have watched berrymike/bigal's brain slowly melt. Leaving him only capable of spouting non-sensical jibberish.

It's good for a laugh every morning though! Laughing

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
luckey

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Normally, I avoid commenting about this sort of stuff but I’m a little short on self-restraint today. At the risk of being featured in a thread on some hate site somewhere, I’d like to share a few thoughts.

Like any forum, the individuals who actively participate drive Eater’s personality and activities. Yes, we have rules and guidelines, and yes, we do prefer members who make positive contributions to our causes, and to the quality of “life” here. We prefer members who conduct themselves that way, but we do not require that. There have been plenty of members here who fall on the margins and have also been welcomed, provided they have treated other members with respect, and haven’t flagrantly and consistently violated policies.

I don’t know who berrymike is, or what happened to set him on this crusade of his, but it’s safe to say that someone like berrymike would not be welcome here. He can view that statement as proof that his accusations are correct, but that isn’t the case. We ARE open to differing viewpoints, and we do NOT live to squash creative thought, or whatever it is we are accused of. He would not be welcome here because he is so blindly opinionated, and obsessive, he regards anything negative he’s heard about Eater as gospel, and anything positive as lies. He’ll attack anyone and anything he can get his hands on. Where is my proof of this? In his actions and his words: Polluting the comments section of the ARS article with his far-fetched, and contradictory accusations serves no purpose but to make the entire anti-419 community look like a bunch of adolescents. Seeking to discredit ScamWarners is simply irresponsible. The fact that he consistently puts his personal grudge ahead of the common goals of the larger community, and believes he is justified in attacking anyone who is associated with Eater, destroys any credibility he could possibly have. If he was treated unfairly by a mod or by Shiver in the past, that’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t justify these rabid efforts to discredit us.

One of the things that drew me to baiting is my belief that small acts of decency can make a difference. I know for a fact that I have helped people who would have suffered greatly had I not made the efforts I did. I love that this site provides entertainment while doing some good. I suspect that most of us feel the same way. I’ve met countless people here who are intelligent, funny, sarcastic, caustic, but also compassionate. Whatever their differences, they all seem to share a well-centered sense of right and wrong. People like this are the backbone of Eater. They are the people who stick around and help build the community, shape policies, raise awareness, fight scammers, and define the personality of the site.

When I read accusations that we cash bait, run scammers, steal money from victims, spy on members, and persecute people who don’t see things our way, it turns my stomach. I do, however, take great comfort in knowing that anyone who has spent any time here will quickly see how insane those accusations are.

Read his ramblings if you’re curious. Comment if you must. Just make sure you ask yourself if giving him the negative attention he craves serves any purpose. [/soapbox]

Magnolia
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to point out to all those above who describe this man as “mentally ill” as if it were 1) a choice and thus a character flaw or 2) something to be laughed at, that it is neither.

Mental Illness is just that, an illness, not something one chooses. If this man is mentally ill, it’s certainly nothing he chose. If he is ill and is not pursuing help for it, it is not, as Ghost puts it: “because he likes being stared at, laughed at, and picked on” but because that same illness prevents him from making a realistic assessment of what help he needs. Just as it keeps him from moving past whatever happened with him and this site.

As to the various comments about how “entertaining” his supposed mental illness makes him, I would like to know whether you derive as much amusement from laughing at those who are physically ill – e.g. people having seizures sure are funny!

The best thing you could do for this man is to just ignore him. Engaging him for your amusement is childish at best, cruel at worst.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
For the sake of not starting an ethics war.

This is an internet personality we're talking about, not the Autistic kid that lives a few doors down from us.
We have no confirmation that he is in fact, "mentally ill", he may just be horribly obsessed. He strikes me as more of type of guy that just gets increasingly belligerent as his theories and accusations get shot down one after another.

I do very much so understand your point though Magnolia. If I received IP confirmation that he was in a "happy house" then I would leave him be to play with his imaginary friends.

As it stands though, I will continue to treat him as another one of my lads.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got no sympathy for the shit-head.

You can be mentally ill and still be an asshole.

*Anyone who types "Yeah, and you're a prime example, Slightly" can die.*

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah and you'r..........

arrrgghhhh.....my chest......the pai..

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beware of the curse of the evil squirrel
I hope it's not to late to warn you, old #7
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's best I stayed out of commenting on the article - I would have a price on my head if I did Laughing

Good luck all Wink

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it really that bad Craig? Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I was going to mention a prison cell, but I've had to use that line so many times before...

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Magnolia
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

Well, I won't type that.

Just as I didn't type the obvious response when you diagnosed the guy as having a "Superiority Complex".
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:

I didn't type that, but I am quoting it with clear agreement as to its accuracy. I'll let you know how I get on.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blah wrote:
I have watched berrymike/bigal's brain slowly melt. Leaving him only capable of spouting non-sensical jibberish.
I'm impressed by your acute senses sir. Most of us are unable to discern any difference in berrynut.

Are there varying degrees of self-delusional jibbering? Kind of like the difference between an annoying 50Hz buzz and 49.9Hz buzz?

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Magnolia, I very much appreciate your point, my nearest and dearest has been caught up in the Mental Health system, just understand baiterkind by necessity formed robust shells and personae to get them through the real atrocities we see. Slightly is our mascot loopy squirrel, and our community is actually understanding enough to accommodate him - on balance he does more good than harm, and we literally pay him in nuts.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Magnolia wrote:

Just as I didn't type the obvious response when you diagnosed the guy as having a "Superiority Complex".

It's not a complex.
I am superior.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Magnolia
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^To whom? Muskrats and Gerbils?
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to agree with Magnolia-those who are mentally ill,as diagnosed by proper mental health professionals should not be laughed at or made sport of.This guy however strikes me a a garden variety dickhead,who deserves to have his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please don't get him started again... Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Magnolia: I understand your point about the mentally ill. But mental illness is no excuse for actively seeking to harm others.

For what it's worth...among those of us who've been around Eater for long enough to know something about this character, you will find no sympathy for him. Even if he IS mentally ill, the bottom line is that he CAUSES HARM. He has obsessively hung onto this bizarre bitterness over some slight that he feels happened to him, on an online forum, YEARS ago...and has been making strong efforts to harm Eater, and disrupt the work we do, ever since.

He is harmful. His actions result in more victims getting victimized, and fewer victims being saved. End of story. That, right there, is enough to cause many of us to feel not a shred of sympathy for whatever whacked-out mental illness might be screwing with his brain functions. If he wasn't actively seeking to cause such harm, perhaps we wouldn't feel this way.

But he is. So, you can feel sorry for him if you want. I sure don't. The people I feel sorry for are all the victims who will lose more money because of the deranged poison he is out there spewing, over some stoopid crap that happened years ago that nobody but him even remembers.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Ishkabibble
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn. Here I am sitting in the middle of the night outside a closed internet cafe picking up the signal in the car (had other reasons to get online...ahem) and I go to 419 for some mindless fun. Now I'm eduated and learned something.

It's like getting two prizes at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box. I do hope our subject isn't mentally ill, and just has a personality defect. I've laughed way too hard throughout this thread.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Magnolia wrote:
I would like to point out to all those above who describe this man as “mentally ill” as if it were 1) a choice and thus a character flaw

Not the mental illness part but being a jerk is.

Quote:
something to be laughed at,

That is not being indicated. I did indicated I felt this person likes being laughed at, yes and just because he has mental health issues does not make that any less true. I made that assessment because he chooses to be ugly and hateful knowing it inherently provokes a certain type of response.

Being mentally ill is a farcry from possessing no self control or not knowing right from wrong. To excuse this person from his actions by saying he is mentally ill is offensive to those with a mental illness. Having a mental illness is not an excuse to be a jerk nor is it an excuse to make up lies with the intent to slander. No one is laughing at this guy because he is mentally ill. People laugh at him because he insists on making an ass out of himself.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Magnolia wrote:

It's not a complex.
I am superior.

SOOI's got it ass backwards - he's the opposite of complex..

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I stopped responding to berryhead mostly because he is so nutty,
but also the fact that the thread itself was becoming hijacked.
is there anyway to redirect it back to its original glory, or is it to late?

EDIT-Just to contradict myself... Keep up the good work Blah.

@Nurse Nasty, Is there a contact number, or website so I can check
more details of the CHEAP FAKE FORUMS?, I have some issues I would
like to deal with from years ago... just some minor bitterness that I
would like to expand into something more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic