SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need Help!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a scammer who is tired of e-mailing back in forth. She loves me. She fell in love with me after like the second e-mail. I never knew I was that charming. She wants me to get on yahoo IM so that I can chat with her. I have gmail, and intend on keeping it that way so I've been making excuses as to why I couldn't get on IM.

Is the web based version of yahoo IM a good idea?

Is there any suggestions from any of you out there on what I can do next?

Thanks in advance
Arctic Baiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't you want to be on Yahoo? I think it's anonymous and it's just creating an account with your characters name.

Sorry if I missed smt. there.

I just find out you are a peace of shite a joker and a betrayer! Affrican accestral shrins will chase until you die. The African Shrine is After You! TO HELL WITH YOU DOG - Miss Grace Eziash1

Completed Baits Worth Reading:
Olena
Western Union Nigeria
http://computersecrets.eu.pn/
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only reason I don't like being on Yahoo is because of the whole IP thing. I have several Yahoo accounts, but with Gmail there is no way to track the sending IP...if I'm not mistaken
Arctic Baiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Go to this site: www.dnsstuff.com

Look around and check your own information. If it makes you uncomfortable, then you shouldn't use Yahoo.

BUT, Vlads or lads usually do not know how to find the IP address. If they at all knew how to find it, they probably would not know how to use it. Also, I don't imagine they will fly from Russia or Ukraine to come and get you if they at all do find out.

It is of course of to you, but I do not think you are at any risk using Yahoo.

I just find out you are a peace of shite a joker and a betrayer! Affrican accestral shrins will chase until you die. The African Shrine is After You! TO HELL WITH YOU DOG - Miss Grace Eziash1

Completed Baits Worth Reading:
Olena
Western Union Nigeria
http://computersecrets.eu.pn/
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have said that I use Firefox, not Internet Explorer, and using Firefox, I can't create a Yahoo account or password, the page just freezes on me. Which is total rubbish, of course (and all apologies to Firefox), but the Lads have believed me.

I can't be bothered (most of the time) to hang around on YIM, being one of a number chatted to. I know it can work well for many people and help convince the Lads, but my own preference is to stick to those that are prepared to write proper emails. They are rarer, but also seem to be much smarter. And I like baiting the smart ones.

If you are worried about the IP address thing, though (I've got no idea if your real IP address can show on YIM, but it certainly can sending mails through Yahoo), and you don't mind a little outlay, you can always use Hide IP:

http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Arctic and Branwen. Thank you both for your responses. It has answered my questions.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Solrax - tell her to get a google mail account then you can chat on google talk

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

devil_woman wrote:
Solrax - tell her to get a google mail account then you can chat on google talk

Another good idea I never thought about. Thank you devil_woman!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Solrax

It is possible to get your IP from a YIM chat but it isn't likely a lad will know how. That said, I refuse to chat with them myself for my own reasons so I just flat out say I dont have time for chat, it is the truth and if they dont like it the can go and find another maga as promising as I am Laughing

Personally, I try to avoid encouraging them to gmail because it is a touch harder to prove they are scammers when using gmail and not having access to their IPs

edit for clarity

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.

Last edited by Murry Guru on Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to be an intruder here, but I'm unsure if they can. I thought Yahoo chat had that disabled years ago. I don't think netstat will reveal anything unless your doing a direct transfer or possibly viewing YOUR webcam. This was a big deal when yahoo had it's first few versions. I believe it's a batch server in your area. NOT your IP. But I could be wrong. (And guys, don't say never...There's some tech savvy Vlads out there Laughing )

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont actually know how to get an IP from YIM myself but Wayne said it is possible when the romance sticky was being put together and I have no reason to doubt what he says but of course things may have changed since he found out

Also agree that lots of vlads are extremely tech savvy Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Very Happy

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just downloaded Yahoo messenger for 'didums 2' and have used Yahoo chat on him as well.

By sending the messagea as an email it is saved for future use!

Concerning IP addresses I have tried mine and it comes up with a town in another county! Even Whosis placed it in a city in the same county! 2 places 1 IP address.

Question for yuo though how to find IP address of incoming when using Googlemail yourself?

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
LegolasGreenleaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.torproject.org/easy-download.html.en

If you downloat the Tor browser bundle, it comes with Pidgin IM client (which you can use with Yahoo) configured for using Tor...which is a free proxy network, aka hiding your IP Very Happy . Also comes with FF configured too, and the file is suitable for putting on a flash drive. It runs kinda slow for browsing, but works great for IMs.

"...i consider your delay/silent to be constitutionally wrong, illegally untenable, technically illogical and professionally dangerous..."
"... it is understood and believe that delay is a mother killer to financial investment."-An0ml3z3 G0dw|n
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks again everyone for your help! Very Happy
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yahoo messenger gives you the option of archiving your chats for later posting in the forums, where as web messenger doesn't. just something to think about

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ANother thing to consider is that with Yahoo, when saving your chats, you are actually saving them on your own computer.

A far better option is to copy them before closing down, then pasting them into a draft email, you can title that email the lads name and the date for easy searching later

Never underestimate the value of your draft folder Wink

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those saved chats make good text book material. Razz

Google ones can be sent as emails to another email addy.

internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been sending mine to my friends as an ongoing soap opera. Since I BCC them to my firends and send them to my main account I have a wonderful tale of woe, punchups, death by arse inversion and a funeral where it's all on.

it's a a fun read

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I figured since I already had the title as "need help", I would post up my questions as they came along on here. I hope you all don't mind.

Anyway, I had stopped e-mailing her because I had run out of ideas for why I couldn't get on YIM. I sent her a message about a week ago asking her why it was that she had stopped talking to me, and was not responding to my e-mails. She wrote back saying send me money I can't pay my internet bill. I've been avoiding the whole Western Union thing, telling her that by the time I get off work Western Union is closed. She since then, has tried to get my to go in the morning and to take time off of work to send her the money. I've tried to get her to give me an account but she just won't do it.

What should I do next? Should I send her a fake MTCN? Should I keep stalling?

Is it possible for me to post up our entire conversation on a new topic so that you guys, the experts, can better assist me?

Thanks,
~Sol
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes to all points Wink

Not a problem posting your questions here, one of us is sure to see it and answer accordingly

Your excuses for not doing YIm are limited only by your imagination, I do not do chat baiting, I have not and will not, it simply takes up too much of my time, some do and do it very successfully, DramaQueen and more recently Devil Woman have had great success in wasting lads time using chat, but for me, I simply dont get the time and dont have the patience for it, I usually tell the pets up fron that i do not have time to chat and much prefer to just email, I do lose some baits by not chating, so be it, there are many more who will play with me.

Just let your pet know what they are missing if they dont want to play by your rules.

Providing a fake MTCN, it's never a bad option but I like to send a few excuses first, it sounds to me like this pet is unsure of you and if you send money it will make you legitimate, pretty much up to you here, but i would be trying a few more excuses first.
How do I know you are legitimate
Why do you need so much money
Can I send you the tickets for the flight
I refuse to pay $20 to send you money by Western Union when I could send you money to your bank account much more securely
The person in WU warned me that most people who cant give you a bank account are fraudstars
I am waiting until I get payed, I need to pay my bills first and I wont have money to send you until xxxxx

Try a few things, the choice is yours and teh fake MTCN is always an option, but where are you going to go when that runs out

Posting your bait is a great idea, firstly because it does allow us to know what you are up to and help you better but also because a potential vic may find details of your bait and learn their online lover is a scammer, you could also post at Scamwarners and keep identifying information out of your post here which is the best way to do it

Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your quick response. I will post up my conversation with her thus far. The thread will be titled accordingly. It is a scam out of Madrid, as far as I know. I checked the IP address a while ago and it came out of California, but she/he want the money sent to Madrid.

~Sol
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The California IP will be the email providors IP, it means little

wanting the money sent to Madrid is another sign that doesn't really hold any weight as to teh actual scammers location, regardless of where the mney is sent, it can still be picked up from anywhere in the world if they have the right information

Try a later header and you may get a better answer next time, it may be Madrid, we know some scammers operate from there, but chances are it is not the case

Solrax
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I won't be putting up the conversation with her anytime soon Sad

I just realized that gmail doesn't put anything in order. So I have to go back through about 70 e-mails and read them and their dates to be able to post them up. Embarassed
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, gmail does a wonderful job of archiving to make things easy to find, it also makes it very hard to sort Wink

take your time, if the order is mixed up somewhat then so be it Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic