SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do you think this is the start of a Love scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Received this from a nice girl from Ghana on the Wayn social network but the letter has that scammy feeling. Does anyone have an opinion in the matter? This is the letter:

Hey!!
I am so flattering that such a Good Guy like you can find me worthy to write to me. It's a big surprise but i am thanking you from the deepest of my heart that i can have such impact on someone like you and i hope we can get to know each other far more than this.Am new to this and i wouldn't know how it works either.Distance meant nothing to me when heart that understand each other meet one another, hence i don't think the distance between us can really separate us if you find me agreeable to be with as i can always plan to meet my best of friends if they want and when i am free.I wouldn't say i don't really care where ever you come from but as long as you arouse my interest and you surely did.So where are you from or where are you at the moment?

Its nice getting to know you but there are things i really need to express. Life is good and at the same time there are still some bad things that happening in life too but i believe the bad people have spoil the names of the good ones. In life, we try to be sure of the person we are dating whether he/she truly loves us or Just there to play us and also a friend/child of God. I have gone through so much and all i need is a Man that is trustworthy,Honest and Reliable and God fearing,not compulsorily church attendant but believe in God. I hope you possess the qualities i need from a man cause all i need is true love because that is what i want to give back as well.

Thanks very much once again for Getting in touch and please do tell me more about yourself and do remember to send some pictures. Have a blissful moment.
Cheers.Xxxx
Tolliver Melanie

---------------------------------
I just noticed that at the end you find "Xxxx". Is it a fair assumption that this is a canned letter, and the user is supposed to insert his/her fake name at the point of the "Xxxx" but forgot? Very Happy Or thought it would mean hugs or something, just like in XOXOXOXO? Hrmmmpff Laughing I just have to answer the sweet lady to see when she moves in for the kill, if ever.

Last edited by DontTryIt on Sun May 24, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say that a couple of emails would make it very apparent, but it carries several of the basic elements of scammer's script:
-"distance doesn't matter" quotes
-"Am new to this"
-no use of your name
-immediate references to true love
-alternating between really basic, poor English and excessively complex words
-name used is that of an (American?) author who wrote a book on basketball. It is not African--if "she" is admitting she is from Africa, the name should be African, and if she is claiming to be from the US or UK but staying in Africa, the grammar makes it clear she is lying.

Edit to add: to put it in numbers, I would give it >90 percent odds of being the start of a scam.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea, I think representatives of the UK Grammar schools wouldn't be too proud if one of their students produced a letter with this kind of grammar. Very Happy
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With this search result Click Here

I would be comfortable with 100% Wink

It's a scam

Please post up any details which may help somebody else

You may also wish to visit our sister site www.scamwarners.com for more advice or to post up the details

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, DTI!

If you do want to string her along a bit, I'd recommend you check out the tips in the stickies here, in the Help Hints & Tips forum, and Eater U. Particularly the ones about baiting safely.

You should never use a "real" online identity for scambaiting. Create fake identities for that purpose.

Fortunately, scammers don't remember all the people they've contacted. So if you create a new e-mail (with no personal info and preferably no IP address) and send her a message out of the blue, she won't think anything of it and will carry on with her modality.

Have fun!

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So the presumed scammer used the email [email protected]

and here is "her" second letter, an endless blab about more or less nothing, but its always interesting to know if its going to be "the will scam" or if they have come up with something new.

Let us listen to "Ms. Melanie": Laughing

Hello ,
How are you doing over there,hope cool? Well i hope we can start as friends and possibly to true love which can be achieved with a great sense of trust. Well am looking for one that can be there for me and serious with whatever he get involve in. My name again is Tolliver Melanie but my friends do call me MEL, people think its odd but really i so much value the name because it was the name my dad who is of blessed memory usually call me with.

For us to know each other, i think we have to chat and maybe through a serious commitment in mailing and phone calls and text messaging. Personally, i look into someone's heart because beauty fades and the mind is intact. Less i forget,am an American but have been in the UK close to three years now. Am not presently in the UK at the moment, i'm in GHANA for a career programme Parent-Child communication and i run by the side (Oracle 11g - Database Administrator) and i should be back into the UK by the end of the middle of next month.

I will love to meet someone cool and caring person,trustworthy and honest that can take care of me and i will be with him till the rest of my life and i will be caring and lovely to him because that's what such a good man deserve in return. I guess you read my profile and that's the most Important but am not so sure if it's detailed enough.

What do you do for a living, what are u looking for in a lady, are you a player or for real, what are your likes and dislikes, have you gotten any mentor, what turns you on when down, what are your hobbies, what do you do for fun and in your free time, how would you treat your woman? complex questions is that it. Never mind, just want to be sure of the man i will heading on with. Please when you mail i want you to get back with answers, keep it real and true because am someone that really cares.
Cheers.Xxxx
God Bless Us Both
Tolliver Melanie

Am not the type that took much pics but i'll search my flash because i think i still have some pics to send over to you
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you're past the "presumed" stage now. Very Happy Even without Murry's script search, it's now an automatic 100% scammer as "she" is claiming to be American.

Quote:
i so much value the name because it was the name my dad who is of blessed memory usually call me with.

If I had to guess, "she" is setting up the groundwork to start an inheritance scam.

The pics will be stolen from somewhere-may be a personal webspace page, etc. but more likely a modeling site or a p0rn star.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i should be back into the UK by the end of the middle of next month.

Or there will be travelling difficulties (with some sort of financial need) to come.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to put the frosting on the cake, "she" says her name is Tolliver Melanie. I don't know of any Americans who tell you their name in that format, with the family name first. Wink

"She" might have gotten away with it a little longer by claiming to be native to Ghana, but the truth would have come out sooner or later.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The arse about name tells the story,

When I start a new batch of scammers I do the following first.

Check the headers in Apelord.
Check for The Bat, or simler mass mailer
Check the IP through Nextweb
Check any photo's through Tineye
Check the e-mail address through Google
Follow up any leads that that may show up.

And while that might seem a bit long winded, I am then sure, I'm playing with a scammer Wink Wink Innocent people simply don't deserve my shit. Crying or Very sad

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Melanie is a great letter writer, by now she has travelled to the Ghana/Nigerian border(whatever happened to Togo and Benin? hehe Laughing ) and has lost her MASTERCARD, she also wants my telephone number. I think she is getting ready to strike. Razz Laughing

Of course, it is a good time, I just received an enormous inheritance, thats why I have been away for some time to talk with the lawyers, I am ready to splurge on Melanie and make her a happy woman. Of course, my wife just died in a car accident together with our trusty little terrier Jack Sparrow so I am all alone now, looking for consolation in a cruel and adverse world. Laughing Very Happy What else, oh yes, I like to gamble, splurge and go on insane shopping sprees, so all my square relatives are really worried. And did I tell you that I am soon flying in to Accra in my own chartered jet. Of course, I bet you that something will go wrong on the flight and we will have to detour to Cape coast and wow, no spare parts, we have to go to Takoradi, me and the pilot to get it Laughing Cool Smile Very Happy

Did I introduce you to Melanie, by the way? Here she is:

She is a good-looking kid

Recent letters from Mel:

Letter 3

Dearest,
How are you and work,hope all is well with you ? its my very great pleasure to hear from you and i'll put it to you that you have all that am looking for in a man and you've said it all that i expected.It really make my day with the lovely email you sent to me.For me,i like going to beaches,watching movies shows,musical concerts,BBQ also and doing some cooking and gardening and sometime go for dinner and taste a little coffee and my bible and church service things as usual.

Thanks for the mail once again, immediately i got your email my feelings turn over on you and it seems you are the right man which i have been searching for to bring back the smile which i use to smile when my Dad was still alive because he has been the only man who has made the smile keep going. I know i don't ought too but can't just explain why it's so. I believe for a good friendship/relationship, ones need to trust each other and be honest with each other to achieve all desire and fear God who is the Creator of all things. I am seeking for man who will be my flesh and bone. It's true i have never seen you and we have
never met,we've not shook hand or even truly hugged and yet i know for sure you cares by the kindness that you give by sending a reply to my mail.

I am for real because i don't have time for playing games around but it really a pain when someone hurt another.To me,relationship can mean two things: 1)It can be that we have a connection, which I think it exist 2) can also means to be romantically and sexually involved and i think we aren't at that level.So, I think at this point, given the amount of time we have e-mail one another, we definitely have a friendship forming based on some external and internal similarities that are developing into a relationship that will bring us a little closer with God guidance,good intentions and potential

I've been in several rapports where I was not fully appreciated. In fact, many times I felt i was taken advantage of and that hurts.I'd like to meet someone who recognizes the little things I do for him and knows how to be appreciative. For instance, if I were to make breakfast in bed or draw a bath for my man,he
could thank me by giving me a hug or a kiss Or perhaps sending me a card for no particular occasion just to tell me thank you.I'm very appreciative of what people do for me and i'll reward them in my own little ways. To me it's the little things that mean a great deal to me.I've learned that there are many man out there that
are set in their ways.They have one way of doing things and are never open to suggestions or advices.Stubborn man are a major turn off for me. I like a man who is open to ideas, thoughts and basically open-minded.I think being receptive brings about sensitivity as well.A man who is ignorant and just plain insensitive is difficult to get along with.

I would say that I'm not afraid to display my emotions to you. I'd like someone who is sensitive and caring. If I'm sad, I'd like for him to be able to comfort me and cheer me up. He doesn't has to do much but just knowing that he's there solacing me is more than good enough.

Well,i cant wait to hear from you soonest. Am trying all i can to round up my programmes and i believe we'll get to see each other soonest. I must confess,your mail has really caught me and i promise to be honest and to fit that kind of a woman you are
looking for. Ought to have emailed you earlier but i went to do some assignment cause exam is fast approaching. I can't wait to hear from you soonest ok.Take very good care of yourself and have a lovely day ahead.
God Bless You
Cheers
Tolliver Melanie

Letter 4

My Dearest,
I just want you to know that I am fortunate and very lucky to have received your 4th respond in a matter of few days. That's the best thing that has ever happened to me for long time and maybe it's because have not for once taken internet dating as serious as i am doing with you at present. You gave so much happiness and so much love to my heart and I am so grateful for your kindness.

Although we've never met, I feel as if I know you too well. I knew from the start that there was something special about you. You entered my thoughts and magically erased all of my fears with your sweet and caring ways,am sure you'll be wondering what you've said to me that makes me turn-out to sound like this but then,i think it's all left to me.

Now I look forward to each day and feel so much at ease with you and it gladdens my heart when i login into my email account and found out i got an email from you. I'm so grateful that we're able to share our thought and aspirations with each other. It truly seems as if you're closest friends. You are so far and yet so close, You are many miles away, yet in my heart you are just a beat away. I think of the good times to come when I will be embraced by your warmness. I will be patient because I know good things come to those who wait and have patient.

For now this letter will have to be my message but know that you are a big part of me and I think of you all the time I do believe we are made for each other and do you believe the samething as well? can't wait to hear from you again.
God Bless Us Both
Cheers Xxxx....
Tolliver Melanie

Letter 5

My Dearest,
Hummmmm.........sincerely speaking,i do not know what to say after reading your mail but i think you are better cook than i do but not until we meet then we could contest that lol.What was her response when you told her about me?just curious to know anyway.

How are you dear and how was your day as well ? Wish am there at the moment then we'll have enjoy it together. Am very much sure we'll celebrate something more than this together very soon. How is your work,friends,family and others? am sure all of them all are in good shape/state as i am over here. The Time-Table for my exam will be out soonest and by then,i can tell you exactly when i'll return because i'll be coming back after my exam and moreso, i can't wait any longer to meet with you.

Firstly, i must confess to you that you've totally gain my heart with the way you compose your email and the way you get to explain things. Am very sure you'll be a very simple person and which i promise never to misuse any opportunity you will give to me. Thank you very much for the believe you have in me and the trust. Trust,Honesty and True Love we surely see us through.Also, your emails has said it all about you and which am very much happy meeting you and moreso getting to know each other day by day. Do you normally have a chat on yahoo messeger? if you do, here is my yahoo Id(tome01 ) you can add me to your list then we can meet to have more chat online.

Secondly, am feeling you are something very new and i guess your coming into my life will be a BIG plus. I hope we'll never part because i know that a straight forward man will always treat with love. I wrote your name in the sky but the wind blew it away. I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away and now have just written your name in my heart and am sure forever it will stay. My ultimate goal and what I think would make me happy is to have a man(YOU) by my side that I love,God fearing and that loves me and children that i can raise and have fun with. I guess that is the typical individual dream as well. I'll stop here for now and always remember that there is someone out there that really cares about you.
God Bless us both
Cheers Xxxx
Tolliver Melanie

Letter 6

My Dear,
You are a blessing that my entire being is very thankful for. I feel that we were made to love, listen, understand and work through all times in our lives together. I know there are many more special occasions and moments in our lives that will surprise and bring us closer and closer. You are mine and nothing and no one else feels more right than i do. I like you eternally and unconditionally, God's love has answered this prayer I've wanted and been almost too anxious for so long. I physically long for you each night and will see you in my dreams until we find ourselves wrapped in the love that grows stronger and deeper each day into our future together.I believe and have faith in God.

There are things in life that are inevitable. I am powerless to control them, the Sun will rise and set, the tide will come in and go out, the seasons will change, the birds will fly South for the winter and return in the spring and the caterpillar will transform itself into a handsome butterfly. Somehow, I feel reassured by this because many other things in life are so transient. From the moment we met till now, i knew that our friendship would develop into something lasting and precious.

Just as I am sure that the caterpillar will one day become a handsome butterfly. Dearest,i believe that our love and friendship is ordained by God. It is a union of two spirits destined for everlasting happiness. Thus, you have truly become the star of my life which brings me light in this dark world and warmth when I need it. You offer me the promise of renewal, the joy of living, the peace of mind that comes from sharing and caring and that shoulder to lean on in times of stress. I will cherish you and love you forever since you promise that you will take good care of me. Have a wonderful moment my dear and always remember that, there is someone out there that really cares about you.
God Bless us both
Cheers Xxxx

Tolliver Melanie

I will give a time when we'll come and then meet online because i wouldn't want to keep you waiting or me coming then you are not around online.Cheers dear

Letter 7

Hello Dear,
Glad to have hear from you once again. Gladdens my heart at every moment when i recieve an email from you and thanks for the comment. I was at school today and the exam Time-Table is out. My centre for the exam has been change and i am to have it at the school MINI-CAMPUS which is at the Boader of Ghana/Nigeria.

I'll be moving in tomorrow Saturday to put things in place because exam start on Monday and we are to have it for a week and half.Firstly, am happy because after the exam i'll return and then i can see you and have alot of fun as well. A Ghanian friend said it's a 10 minutes drive from my new centre(Ghana/Nigeria boarder) to Nigeria. She promised to take us to Nigeria over the weekend since it's a 10 minutes drive.

I think that would be alot of fun and experience and i'll take some pics then i can send it to you when we get back. Pray for me regards my exam so that i can make an A's in all my papers. One more thing Dear, since i do not know how the new Centre will be,i'll suggest you give me your mobile phone number so that i can text or call should in case i do not have access to the internet so that we can continue with the contact and get you updated with everything that goes on here on a daily basis.

I like you very much and am so much happy that you are doing the samething in return as well. So how was your day like? mine was boring because am in school throughout trying to summit all of my assignment before examination start on Monday since we're moving to the mini-campus.

I awaits to hear from you as usual and always remember that there is someone somewhere who really cares about you.
God bless us both
Cheers Xxx
Tolliver Melanie

Letter 8

Hello My Dear,
How are you doing and i hope there's no problem of me not hearing from you dear?Here i am in the new hostel, new area and more like a new country because it's almost Nigeria because it's at the boarder(Ghana/Nigeria). It's an ok place with flowers all around. It's very nice but the flowers are too colourful and then it reduce the beauty at the same time. Have put things in place and am ready for the whistle to start the exam.

Regards the internet,their is access but we have to pay some extra sum of money to have an access to it and that'll be a little bit difficult because have planned myself already with the amount to be spent during my course of study over here and any deduction might have an effect on my feeding and some others but i'll try all i can to keep contact with you ok.
How are you and how was the weekend like? Mine was not bad not until i noticed have misplaced my Master Card.I was depressed and i guess it was during when am getting all of my luggages together that i misplaced it.I was at the Master Card Office today anyway and they asked me to come tomorrow for Blocking and Retrieve another one.Just happy that have gotten some food stuff already before it happens if not, i wouldn't have gotten some Food stuff to survive till then (lol).

I missed you so much and i can't wait to finish my exam and be with you,your family and every other person.I taught of you all the time and i realise i need to concentrate on my exam because i've already have you to myself.I'll forever think about you cause you are already in my taught. Honey how was your day? hope you really took time to enjoy yourself aswell.Anyway,am trying to cover two more topics regards my first paper.

I'll contact you when i get back from the MASTER CARD Office tomorrow before going to school ok.Take care of yourself and always remember that there is someone out there who really love and cares about you and that person is ME i can bet it.With Love from the bottom of my Heart to you.
God Bless Us Both
Cheers Xxxx
Tolliver Melanie
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, indeed. Misfortune has struck my dear Melanie! Laughing

Here goes:

Letter 9

My Dearest,
So how did it all go? i can understand very well but then,you just have to be focused and do not allow that to distract you from other source at which you make some income ok.it'll would be very nice to see you come over to Ghana but then,i'll finish my exam then i can come over to you also.

How are you and how was your day aswell? hope you have a wonderful one and hope you had a lovely dream about me yesternight lol,i did and that was why have asked if you do the samething. Just get back from the Master Card office as said just because of my examination which gives just a little time for me to do some other things and they have blocked the card but they asked me to check back on Saturday 13th of this month. The service over here is very slow and that is too long but have gotten no choice than to wait.

Just said i should drop you and email and i'll send you another email when i get back from school tomorrow and also,exams is on already. Am having an afternoon paper tomorrow(Project Data) on Day2 of the exam. I'll text you(if i have your number) or send an email when am through at school ok.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful moment. Can't wait to finish up with my exam so that i can return quickly and meet with you wherever you are ok.take care once again and get back as usual.
Cheers Xxxx
God Bless Us Both
Tolliver Melanie

Letter 10

Hello My Dear,
Am seriously in a deep shit at the moment. Just got to school for my paper today and i found out a Memo on the noticed board.It was a strong warning to every student who are yet to pay their final installment of the school fees.They are to pay-up on or before Monday 8th so as to be allowed to write the paper fixed for the rest of the days.

Am not happy because am one of the student yet to pay the final installment.Not that i did not have the money but it was due to my Card which got lost and i cannot get the retrieval ready until 13th as said in my previous email. Am scared i would be disturb and i do not know what exactly to do.

My Dear, Please Please and please, i kindly request you to please assist me with the fee and i wouldn't mind getting it back to you when i get my Card ready again. It's only from my Card that i can get it and thank God that have gotten some food stuffs left before it happen or else it would have worsen the case.

I strongly awaits to hear from you regards this.Please I need you to come to my rescue cause i do not want anything to disturb me while the exam in on.The deadline is on or before 8th. I have $217 left to complete my final installment.Thanks Dear and i awaits to hear from you soonest.
God Bless You
Cheers Xxxx
Tolliver melanie

Today's paper was cool.It was a nice one cause i feel relax and i thank God i could answer all the five questions and the objective very well despite the shock notice i saw on the board.Please i awaits to hear from you regards that.cheers dear

Letter 11

Hello Dear,
Firstly i'l like to say a big thank you to have taken up the task to assist me just at the moment i needed most the help.Also,i came to the cafe with a very good friend of mine which i told you about and she's a Ghanian and i asked her on what to do if i can use her account to receive the money and it was a different option she gave.She said money can be transferred via western union money transfer and it's regarded as the fastest way of sending money abroad.

These made me us to visit one of the location and make enquiry about it and the nearest one to our campus was at the boarder of Ghana/Nigeria which is fifteen(15) minutes drive to the campus.I made enquiry and i was told it's the fastest way to receive money,i need a driving license and some other information which you'll send to me.

Driver's license i do not have but my friend does and i'll supply her details and then we can go together to the place and get the money cashed.We were told that we need to supply to you name and address of the receiver and here is the details ;
Name : OLAIDE ADEBOLA
Address : 36, BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY
BADAGRY,NIGERIA.

Also,you'll have to go to the bank,postal office or some stores where you can find Western union location and send the money to the Details i sent to you and after doing that,then you can give me the information you used in sending the fund like your name and address and the lady said something about question and answer,the amount sent and 10digit control number.I wish you could know how much more you've relief me of settling my problem for me.Just a promise that this which you have done for me,i'll forever be gratefull am for you and am sure you are for me .Thanks and i awaits to hear from you.
Cheers and God bless us both
Tolliver Melanie

---------------------
Just to get something out of our doomed relationship Cool I have asked her to send some more pics of herself Very Happy She is such a goodlooking kid.

She is waiting for the transfer and sent me this message on chat:

tolliver melanie (2009-06-05 18:34:10): is it because of pics that's why you wount say anything to me ?
tolliver melanie (2009-06-05 18:35:0Cool: aiight then no problem

Lesson to be learned scammers: Use a girl on your pics that is available for follow-up photography. That's just basic procedure guys!!!!! Laughing
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite often I'll find a one-off photo, to use as "self" Then you tell them the camera's broken / stolen / lost / returned to whoever you borrowed it from, sort of thing.
But some of these scammers have sets of [stolen] photograph's numbering in the hundreds

Resistance is futile

You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
boarder of Ghana/Nigeria

Now I don't want to be picky but I can'd find this boarder on any map.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite correct, there's Togo and Benin separating them. Wink

Resistance is futile

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got sent a todger picture but forgot to insist on a notice with it.

Was a white todger so cancelled Moneygram and called for full length with notice and 6 different shots or no cash. Still waiting for reply.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After Mel got miffed about my request for additional pictures she disappeared for a couple of days but I was able to woo her back. "Her" last letter to me:

Letter 12

Hello Dear,
How are you and everyone over there? Presently am not myself just because i need to look for a way to raise my final installment.I see no reason why i should hide my pics from you if i have my flash and again if have been able to meet with my friend who's digital camera we used the last time we visit Nigeria.I just give it up the moment you said no pics no money and i have to look for someone who can lend me the money and it's quite unfortunate that have gotten no one yet to do that for me.When i have my flash from the Instructor after my assignment has been marked,i'll send the pics to you.Take care of yourself and have a wonderful weekend .
Cheers

------------------------------------

It's time to send Mel the money and give her the MCTN tracking number. I found that great link to the fakey WU site. Kudos, whoever put it up!!!!
Letting Mel do an honest day's work for a change!!!!! Laughing Laughing

------------------------------------

Melanie, the money is on its way, I have sent it through my credit card to your friend and have received confirmation that the money is on its way. To be able to withdraw the money you need to download the MCTN Western Union number yourself from the internet. Please read the following information for the new security procedure. And please complete the MCTN within 48 hours dear so
that the money is not returned to me.
Love you and miss you

Dear Western Union® customer,
First, we would like to thank you for using Western Union®. We are glad you chose us for your money transfer needs. We would also like to inform we have decided to implement a security feature for all transfers originating from Sweden. We are hopeful that this new feature will help us reduce the likelihood of our security infringements.

Please forward this email to your recipient. The recipient must visit the following website to retrieve the MTCN number for your money transfer. Currently, this is the only way to retrieve the MTCN. For security purposes, if the MTCN has not been successfully retrieved within 48 hours of transfer, the transfer will be canceled and money returned to sender.

http://mtcn.secure.la

Enter the following code to access your MTCN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but at Western Union®, your security is our #1 concern.

Thank You,

Peter Falkstedt
Executive Vice President – Sweden

--------------------------

I will be happy to report when Mel starts her clicking!!!!! Very Happy Of course, I selected the box "frustrate mugu". Hehe. Twisted Evil
Agnes Finke
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.

Agnes here.

Romance Scams: First the mails are are innocuous, pleasant, after about 2 of them, the scammer likes you so much, then loves you.

If any one tells you they love you though they have never met you, that you are meant to be, etc. and if they ARE FROM NIGERIA!!

Do not believe it.

I wasted a lot of months on this nonsense. And it is nonsense. But at the time, to the uninitiated...it can feel so very real.

Nobody can fall in love with someone that they havent DATED in THE REAL WORLD.

My scammer wanted to marry me. I would have MARRIED A MAN I HAD NEVER MET.

It is nonsense. But somehow when we are at home, late at night, perhaps tucked snugly into our little beds..our defenses are way down.

Another clue: the guy is lonely, depends on your mails to get him through the day...

We all really need to be hypervigilant I think. I never thought I would be sucked in. No money was given. But I really thought I had found the love of my life whom I had never really seen. Because our barriers were down and we shared our hearts.

Comeon. Logically...

We humans are a funny, complex bunch. It is good this website exists..and others like it.

Check out WIKIPEDIAs definition of Romance Scams. They have changed it a bit. I can email you mine if you like.
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Romance scam - A romance scam is a confidence trick involving feigned romantic intentions towards a victim, gaining their affection, and then using that goodwill to commit fraud.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting the TRUST - and then using it to manipulate the other person. Yes, that sounds like a correct definition.

Last edited by DontTryIt on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Melanie swallowed the whole deal, hehe and spent 30 minutes Twisted Evil clicking boxes at least to get the MCTN number from the fakey Western Union site since there were 2 refreshes and I think 30 minutes is just the time spent on the last trial. Twisted Evil Laughing
Start Time / Time of latest Refresh: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:18:43
Time of last Box click: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:47:04
Total Correct boxes clicked: 37
Total Refreshes: 2
Completed the Process?: no

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"She" also went to the Western Union office to check up on the adapted procedure, making a total ass of himself, hehe.

tolliver melanie: on the long run,we went to the lady at the Western union
location and she said western union will never asked anyone to go through process that we should get back to you
--ME: hello!
--ME: nice to see you dear
tolliver melanie: Thanks dear
--ME: oh, some problem? it should work its a new procedure for sweden
tolliver melanie: we were asked to tell you that you should retireve the number and the lasy asked us to bring it and then she can help track it
--ME: ok, i see
--ME: i will have to go back to the Western Union and discuss it with them then
tolliver melanie: can that be done today ?
tolliver melanie: i have no paper today but i do tomorrow afternoon
--ME: which paper are you talking about?
tolliver melanie: i have to have pay the final instalment cause they'll ask of my reciept
tolliver melanie: i mean my exam dear
--ME: ah, i see
--ME: ok, i understand
--ME: well, i think they are still open for an hour or 2
--ME: its 5.15 PM here in Sweden
--ME: say, can you send me some more pictures of you`?
--ME: its justa a small thing dear
tolliver melanie: we tried it but the lady at the location call the customer care and they said there is no application like that
--ME: she must be mistaken
--ME: or badly informed
--ME: this is sent from Sweden now

----------------------------------------------------------

Melanie was online today and wanted to chat with me on Yahoo Messenger. We had a real heart to heart talk. Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------

And she sent me another picture, but she asked me to send the picture I had of her already to her. Obviously this is an active scammer with lots of pics so its hard to keep track of everything. So he has
1. LOTS OF SCAMS GOING ON, and
2. IS NOT PERFECTLY ORGANISED

I kept talking about the money trying to visualize it for her so that she would start to salivate and imagine the money already in "her" pocket. Hehehe (yes, I am mean and twisted) Twisted Evil like so:

--ME: dont worry at all, you will have the money by tomorrow
--ME: all 217
--ME: dollars!!!
tolliver melanie: i find it difficult to acccimilate when i read nowadays
tolliver melanie: yes dear
--ME: its already there for you but we have to fix the MCTN number correctly
tolliver melanie: alight
--ME: will you receive the money as dollars
--ME: or will you get it in another currency?
--ME: i mean, you have to change the money?
tolliver melanie: just get me the number and it'll be solve says the lady
--ME: i hope it is not expensive for you to change money
tolliver melanie: yes in dollars
--ME: can you use the US dollars?
tolliver melanie: international student pay in $
--ME: thats perfect
--ME: i hope the money will take care of all your problems with the school then
tolliver melanie: yes it will and then when i have back my card,i will have the extra of $217 left and i can get it back to you if you want
--ME: its nice that i can send you money this way, Wester Union cash
--ME: no no, its just a small amount, dont worry at all
tolliver melanie: alright dear
tolliver melanie: Thanks much
--ME:
tolliver melanie: Confused
--ME: you are a good-looking kid, Mel!
--ME: worry?
--ME: why?
tolliver melanie: am not used with using emotions
--ME: haha
--ME: try again
tolliver melanie: thanks
tolliver melanie: yeah i clicked on worried
tolliver melanie: not a mistake dear
tolliver melanie: that's the truth
--ME: well, dont be worried, tomorrow you will hold the money in your hand and can use it

-------------------------------------------------------

What will tomorrow bring, my love? New disappointments and heartaches I bet!!!!!! Cool
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked with the Western Union office and got new instructions for Mel. Very Happy

There has been a terrible mistake on my part and I had to inform her how we can solve it.

My email to "Melanie":

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Melanie!

I have made a terrible mistake and you have to hurry if we are going to fix it.
You know I made mistake about you being the Ghanaian woman and it seems
I also wrote Ghana on the Western Union money transfer order. So the money
was sent directly to country of Ghana under the name of OLAIDE ADEBOLA.

I called the Western Union office after our conversation on Yahoo last night
and was able to get hold of the nice lady who helped me the first time to send
the money to you. She told me that there are new security measures to send from
Europe to Africa and other places. I don’t know why, but that is why you need to
go to that website and enter those boxes. And the reason you cannot do it is because
the computer can sense you are not in Ghana, Accra. Where the money is. So when you
enter those clicks on boxes, you have to be in Ghana.

If you hurry, you have today June 9 and until June 10 noon, that is 12 AM, to go to
Accra and get the money. After that, the money is returned to me here and I have to
go to Western Union office in Stockholm to get my money back. If there is any chance
you can take a bus or go to Accra, you will get the money right now. Remember you
have to go to internet cafe somewhere there also to get the MCTN number. That is the
new security measures to protect you and me. Am sorry about my mistake about you
and Ghana, you reminded me of this on Yahoo messenger.

And the lady on Western Union told me that the best and safest place to go in Accra

is this address:

INTERCONTINENTAL BANK
NORTH INDUSTRIAL AREA PLOT23 BLOCK 4
NORTH DADEBAN ROAD
ACCRA

Opening hours: 08:00 - 16:00

If you hurry to receive the money you will have it today. So if necessary for school fee,
please try to reach that Western Union office today or tomorrow before 12 AM.

Love you and miss you. Praying that it will all work out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how I imagine "dear Mel" heading on over to Accra ASAP!! Laughing

400 kms standing on a rear bumper. That should teach him a lesson or two about honesty.
DontTryIt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe this thread should be bumped into the "Publish your work here" section by a moderator.

Seems I have developed this into a documentation of a scam.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I was passing through to delete a spammer from the thread, but I can move the whole thread, no problem.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Kungfu Panda
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DontTryIt wrote:
Yea, I think representatives of the UK Grammar schools wouldn't be too proud if one of their students produced a letter with this kind of grammar. Very Happy

if it smells funny, its probably shit
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic