SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Accidentally sent email to lad from real email address

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
krunkdog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am using Outlook to keep track of my different email accounts and somehow, I sent a lad an email from my real email address at work. Do you think I should just back out of this one or make up an excuse as to why the mail came from a different account.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell him that you stopped and had to use a library/cyber-cafe/friend's computer and continue as if nothing happened.

He'll never know the difference.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

send him the message again from the baiter account. then he can just hit the reply-button as he is used to.
and just ignore every mail to your RL account. and you may tell him what blah has mentioned.
--------
edit to excuse: i need new glasses, it seems. did not see its... IP/mail adress from work.... sorry, not my best of idea.

Last edited by frank.lester on Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't tell him anything. Drop him cold.

And then re-bait him from another account, preferably gmail or functional equivalent.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
krunkdog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, that's what I did. I am still waiting to hear back from him. Told him it was a friend's computer. Wish I would have thought of the internet cafe though. Thanks for the advice!
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ personally i would have dropped him
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd drop him too - but I would tell him the tale about using a friend's computer first, continue for another couple of mails, and then drop him, probably with an excuse.

Just in case he is one of those smart ones who thinks 'Ah-ha [or whatever his country's equivalent is], they made a mistake there, and now I know where they really are.....' I've had a Lad who did check IP addresses; he told me that mine proved I was real after I sent him a mail from a Yahoo account. (Thank you Hide IP for providing an IP address near to where my character was supposed to live!)

I'd cover my tracks first though. But then drop him just to be on the safe side. Ditch the gmail (or whatever) account I'd been baiting him from too, and set up a new one in another name. I like safe sides to be ultra-safe. Your mileage may vary etc. I might just be over-cautious.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
krunkdog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I was thinking along the same lines of safety as well. I don't like thinking that somehow these guys could look me up if they wanted to.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi krunkdog and welcome to Eater!

Before you get too parnoid, find out what your IP says about YOU.

Send yourself a test email from whatever account you used. Then, take the headers and pop them into this tool here:

http://headertool.apelord.com/

That is what the lad would have been able to see IF he would have checked your header. And let's all be honest, that is a pretty big IF.

But we are all for safe baiting, so that is why we recommend safe baiting and recommend IP-stripping email providers, like gmail, husmail, and the such.

In addition, you say you are using Outlook. Do you know that using gmail with Outlook does NOT strip your IP?? Only when you use gmail via the webinterface is your IP stripped.

Check your IP here: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

Check it out. What does it say about you? For some, it puts them hundreds of miles away from their true location. For others, it puts them in the very same town. Even still, remember, it only shows where your ISP is; not where YOU are.

ETA: Linky to another thread on IPs: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163304
Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer

Last edited by DoraTheExplorer on Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^dora - I could not point it out clearer than that.

baiting safe - yes,no doubt. but no need to be afraid, if sent one mail from a 'wrong`account.

edit to excuse: i need new glasses, it seems. did not see its... IP/mail adress from work.... sorry.

Last edited by frank.lester on Fri May 22, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why you would drop the gmail baiting account. Use it for any other lad if you decide to drop the lad. For me it would depend on what type of baiting I was doing...

Straight baiting, I would have no worry.

Safari baiting, tattoo or carving bating, I wouldconsider dropping the lad cold if my IP told anything about me that could lead to me.

Lads are typically after money, not revenge.

I do absolutely believe in baiting safe. I don't believe in panicing, and yes, I am ParaNoid. Wink

Block that email address in your personal email and learn from this.

Buy a tinfoil hat, use plastic wrap on your keyboard, look both ways (twice) before crossing the street, change your undewear once a week (for sure), play nice and sleep an hour of two before driving. Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am editing this post because it made no sense. ParaNoid pointed out to me I didn't read his post ^^^ correctly.

He was talking about the OP's gmail baiting email account; I thought he was talking about the OP's work email account.

:sigh: Maybe I need new glasses. Very Happy

Thanks ParaNoid sweetie! You know I do love you! Image

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer

Last edited by DoraTheExplorer on Fri May 22, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I was thinking earlier and what I still managed to forget to say is this:

A real email account usually sends emails in one's real name. So, as well as the IP address, the Lad probably has the real name too.

And that's why I personally would also dump the baiting account I'd been using. Because now somebody knows the real name (and country location) associated with it.

Mind you, my real name is unusual, so I would be kind of discoverable if a Lad knew that. Any info found would be me.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drop him, if where you work actually reads the emails as many do, and the lad sends some correspondance you could end up fired. Ask your boss for a new email, say you want something "more professional" or "easier for people to remember which helps with work" but dont just ignore the error.

restart the bait from a completely different account, as said.

Everyone makes a mistake, its not the end of the world as long as you cover it up as soon as possible.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic