SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first set of lads...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LadRunner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, so after reading the forums for a while I decided to take a shot at this. I've set up a fake google email address and assumed a fake name and have started working out a background story for my assumed "character". My character is a software entrepreneur based in Seattle, WA. I have a K7 number set up in that area code. I'm not quite sure what to do about an address, though, or if it is really needed.

After going through the spam folder on my real email address, I replied to several recently received scams (removing any of my identifying info first) and now have two lads on the hook. One claims to be a renown British barrister, Liy3l Brigg5, representing a wealthy but terminally ill client (he provided a +44 UK phone number). The other, Sandy Ballet, claims to be the terminally ill wife of an assassinated rich man involved in the Liberian war.

We are just at the first couple of email exchanges. I've asked the "barrister" for some sort of proof that he is truly an attorney, so I'm hoping to receive some scanned documents for a good laugh.

The lad claiming to be the sick widow has only explained "her" plight (sent photos of some poor woman in a hospital bed) and wants to know my "perfect mind" after reading her email.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and poll the group for any tips and whether or not I really need a physical address if it is asked of me.

-LadRunner

Last edited by LadRunner on Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnBoko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For an address, pick a favorite movie or tv show, google it and see if there is an address for the main character, etc. Great stuff.

Mines an address from harry potter. oh yes they will ask you for a physical address, best to have your whole profile laid out.

good luck, maybe you should ask for a mentor in that thread.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does your Lad's UK +44 telephone number continue with 70? If so, then it is a redirect number, redirecting anywhere in the world. Eg West Africa.

For an address, I always totally invent one, ending with the town where my character is supposed to be living, and then put it into Google to check that it doesn't really exist. I prefer ones that nearly exist. For example, if there is a road called Lake View Road, then my character might live at Lake View Street. Or if the street contains 30 houses, then my character lives at number 64. That way, if the Lad does Google it, I think he'll be convinced enough: after all, he's not going to bother to go through several pages of near-addresses to check he can really find the one I have given him.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
LadRunner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen wrote:
Does your Lad's UK +44 telephone number continue with 70? If so, then it is a redirect number, redirecting anywhere in the world. Eg West Africa.

Yep, it's a +4470 number. Definitely good info to know!

Thanks for the advice on the address, too. I'll come up with a fake one that will look real enough.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or you can go here and get a fake address

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like you're off to a good start.. Cool Thumbs up

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Tom_Walker
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Becky-
I've GOT to remember that site... if only it came up with fake WU numbers Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic