SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wow, I didn't think it would work!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scam-dum-doo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took 419eater's tip somewhat seriously about signing guestbooks. Well, I did some of the obvious searches, "guestbook mugu", "guestbook guymen", "nigerian guestbook", "nigeria guestbook", "african guestbook."

All of them returned a good amount of results. After reading a few sites from the results, I proceeded to sign the guestbook ensuring to leave my email address. No, I did not spam the guestbook, I actually left a, "review." I must have signed about 10-15 guestbooks varying between horses and geography.

Now I was excited, the bait was set. All I had to do was wait for the scammers to come to me. 12 hours into the wait, nothing, all was calm. I must say, I was somewhat disappointed. Aren't these people always on the prowl? So I went to bed somewhat disappointed, thinking of how I could lay more bait.

The next morning I awoke and checked my bait's email account. Boy am I glad I didn't lay any more bait. 22 hours after laying the bait, 7 emails arrived. All of them originating from Nigeria. Only 5 were actual scam emails, but hey... For me that's a lot.

This is going to be fun.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype NameICQ Number
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Scam-dum-doo, Welcome to eater! That's a lot of guest books and you will probably be swamped with emails. Make sure you check the Spam bucket too. If you are using Gmail a lot of the scam emails get dumped into Spam.

On another note, there are plenty of emails posted in Surplus every day. You can always pop in there to pick up some lads to play with.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, what HarvestMoon said...I think I only seeded my catcher in 2 or 3 and I get about 15 - 30 emails a day now. The trickle of scams always starts slow but soon turns into a river. I bet you'll be getting well over 100 a day in a few weeks with that many guestbooks.

Have fun, and just pick the ones you think will be the best. You can just ignore the others or post a few in surplus if you get bored. I just tend to ignore the ones I don't have time for.

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
scam-dum-doo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, all of the emails have appeared in the Spam folder. So I am definitely keeping an eye on it. I figured I might get swamped later down the road. However, I wanted to make an early start and figured it would be possible if I "advertised" in a few places.

I was quite aware of the Surplus forum, I simply wanted the scammers to contact me, not me initiate the conversation with them.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype NameICQ Number
whajushappen
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya, I feel if they swing first, then its ALL on them, and its game on...
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But if you respond to any letter in Surplus, it is the same thing: they have initiated the contact, not you.

OK, so they initiated with someone else, but they won't know that.

So you can respond in exactly the same way as if they landed in your own Spam folder.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I actually tend to ignore the ones that wind up in the spam folder of my catcher account (unless they are particularly egregious) because I feel like a victim will be less likely to notice a scam that arrives in their spam folder, and more likely to trust one that lands in their inbox.

Of course, the counterpoint is that pulling them from the spam box delays the time it will take a scammer to realize that their address isn't in the hands of potential victims any more.

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ different email services use their own spam filters.
just because your service flags a message as spam does not mean the same is true of another service
CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^

*feels stupid*

I should have known that...

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ nah, feel like you learned something interesting - it's a nicer feeling Wink
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Carlisle

The only "stupid" thing I ever witness is when someone doesn't has a question and doesn't feel as though they can ask it. Wink

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic