SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

check fraud scammer anyone?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
victim1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Without getting into too much personal information, I am fairly certain that the following job postings were put up by a check fraud scammer who stole my identity to open employer accounts on a job posting website and a fraudulent shipping account:

Quote:

Dear,

My name is Linda. I'm looking for a business partner.

If you have an ebay account with a big number of positive feedbacks or you have an ebay store, we can have a good business despite the financial crisis! You’ll get even more feedbacks. You'll take VERY GOOD %

No investments are needed!
We can do 'test'.

For more information email directly to me at [email protected]

Thank you!

L

and

Quote:

Hi,

Am Willy, Our company is searching for trust worthy person who will be our financial accountant back in the states who will also receive funds for for us.

Please if you are interested, i will appreciate you get back to me @ [email protected] along with your resume and CV.

Thanks

He's obviously looking for mules to send out fraudulent checks. Some of these checks have been returned to my home address as "undeliverable" via the fraudulent shipping account set up in my name.

I'm currently in the process of dealing with the banks, law enforcement, etc. to clear all of this up.

Does anyone here want to waste this guys time? He certainly has wasted plenty of mine.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on it.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi victim1234 and welcome to Eater!

Sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here though. It is horrible what scammers can do to good people. May I make a suggestion?

Please go to our sister site, ScamWarners.com and post up as many details as you can (without your personal details), so that other victims of these scammers may find out about them and be educated? They also can give good advice about protecting yourself further. You can contact one of the mods there for assistance if you aren't sure about what you should or shouldn't post.

Also, any information you have about potential victims that have received these fake checks can be given to one of the mods either at ScamWarners or even here at Eater.

Again, I am sad to hear this happened to you. I hope it is resolved for you as soon as possible. And maybe, when you don't feel like a victim anymore, you might want to have your Eater member name changed. You can be whoever you want here! Very Happy

Edited cause I can't speeeel late at night! - Dora

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer

Last edited by DoraTheExplorer on Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
victim1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info about scamwarners.com. I will try and post some information over there later. I don't want anyone else to fall for this, either as a mule or as a check fraud victim.

I'm pretty wary about these internet scams, but I never thought my identity would be used to help perpetrate such scams. I really don't know how my credit card information was stolen as I guard it very closely.

I have no financial losses from this so far, but I truly feel bad for those people who may be on the receiving end of one of these checks, particularly since my name and address are listed as the sender.

In the meantime, I thought you guys could have some fun. I've known about this website for some time, and I always get a kick out of the crazy pictures you get these scammers to send you. The time they waste on this will hopefully keep them getting actual victims.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Victim, Welcome to the site, though I am really sorry to hear about what happened to you. I have been in touch with a woman in California who had the same thing happen to her with her identity being stolen and used as the return address for fake check fraud. Please do stop over at Scamwarners and post the information.

Here are some places that you should report the crime to.
The FTC website on identity theft: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/

Fraud aid, they will be able to help the most: http://www.fraudaid.com/

The FBI, you will need to look up info for your local office and also report
the crime to the internet crime center of the FBI, which can be found here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If the fake checks are being returned to you please also contact UPS and the US Postal Service. Ask UPS to put a block on your name, so nobody can use your name to set up a UPS account.

I just want to warn you, that this situation may take several months to clear up. If your telephone is published, you might want to change the number and get an unlisted phone number. The California victim frequently gets telephone calls from irate people who thing that she is part of the fraud.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have already received a reply from him. He wants me to process bad checks for him and send him the difference after I take 10%. I have room for an extra lad or two right now so I'll add him to my current lineup of mugus who I abuse daily.

I'm glad to hear you haven't suffered any financial losses out of this so far, but it still isn't any fun having your identity stolen. Like everyone said, visit scamwarners and I hope you stick around even if it's for the updates on his daily torture.

pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
victim1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HarvestMoon: Thanks for the information. I started a thread over at scamwarners about this, although I'm not comforted by reading what happened to that poor woman in California. This will take quite a bit of time to clear up.

sir scam alot: Thanks for making me laugh about this for a little bit. You can be sure I'll be checking back on this thread for some updates.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what method of torture would you prefer to see this dirtbag endure? Wink

smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heya Victim1234 - Sorry to learn about your misfortune Sad

You have taken a huge step in the right direction by coming to us and also scamwarners. Its all too often the case that people are too shy or embarrased to admit that they made an innocuous mistake and hole themselves up, compounding their problems. Welcome to our world, where we dish out what these scammers have had coming to them and more Wink

I have nothing to add on an advice level as Harvest Moon and Dora have already done a superb job.

I couldnt help myself and have decided to see what this one has to offer. Im pretty much tied up 99% of the time but have made a special effort to drag this lad down to the pits of despair along with sir scam alot. As with him, I will let you know of any successes I have in dismantling this sorry excuse for a human mind.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is sending me a check soon, I have a feeling I'll be the worst employee his fake company ever had.

smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'll run a close second Wink

He's sending me one as soon as I manage to get a drop box sorted out.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I don't know y'all. Janey is pretty bad about cashing checks. She always ends up in jail at least once. Wink

(Janey is using SB's drop box, FYI.)

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed SB about the use of her box, just to make sure she's okay with it. Its the first time i've cheque baited so havent used a drop box before. I just thought that this was a perfect opportunity to start Smile

victim1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Awesome! Very Happy

I'll be checking in from time to time.
dagget
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought this was a standard cheque bait as well but I got a different reply..
Quote:

The scheme I offered you takes only 1-2 hours a day. I work at the warehouse of an online store. My colleagues and me can buy goods at cost (manufacturer's price). I raise the price a little bit and sell the goods to my clients.
You need to put up goods for sale at ebay, answer messages, and when the buyers pay you, I'll send the
goods to them (you'll provide me shipping addresses).
When they receive these goods and thank you I'll get my share. The thing is that I have a lot of work now and don't have time for correspondence
etc. It's easier for me now to share my profit with someone and be the organizer plus make sure that the
goods are delivered quickly and buyers are satisfied. I work day and night now, sometimes I even sleep in
the office. I'm short of time to do the correspondence and all that stuff. But you can get extra earnings. The
number of goods is not limited. You can sell one item per week or twenty – it's up to you. You should
remember that you can get both extra earnings and plenty of positive feedbacks at eBay as the goods will
be delivered quickly, and the client will be satisfied. I work at online store. While I have the opportunity to buy
goods at their cost price I use it to the best of my ability and let others make money on it too.

We can sell 2-3 items for test to look how it goes. I can provide you HOT item for listing with description and etc.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you!

This is something altogether different and I have not come accross this modality before.

I assume it is for selling non-existent goods or stolen goods, nasty nasty is it has pain for too many parties

The selling victim of this could be in a world of hurt from minor, bad ebay feedback, paypal disputes (losing both money sent to scammer and from the ebay victim) to major, selling stolen goods if they even exist. The 'buyer' would be just out of pocket or at worst done for receiving..

This scammer needs a bit of work, would be worth finding out more to get an idea of the fake ebay lisitings especially if they send a 'form' description.

PLEASE TAKE CAER OF YOUR SELF OR I SEND TO YOU F.I.B ?

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts X24 Sand Timer 1 X 2.5 years
victim1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Based on some google searches of some of the unique phrases in both of "Linda's" e-mails, this does seem to involve a stolen goods scam.

The ebay seller sells the goods and the scammer uses stolen credit cards to drop ship items to the unsuspecting buyer. The seller wires the money back and is left with all of the liability. I lost the link, but my search turned up one buyer whose item was repossessed by the police because it was purchased with a stolen credit card. (I think in this case, the seller and scammer we're one in the same.) I suspect the eventual conclusion is that the scammer gets the seller to wire back money on a bunch of big ticket items before buyer feedback and then disappears.

Nasty indeed. Stay away!
dagget
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now you would think they would go for just non-existent goods and then take the money and run but the tolen aspect does make a bit more sence when reading the current emails from them..
I say.
Quote:
Hi there this sounds good but is it worth it? From what you are saying you will send me some goods, I will list them on ebay and then send it back to you to ship out?

That seems like you will lose money on the listings. Who pays the listing fee and final vanues.

Please send more informationhownthis works as I would like to try it but am still unsure how to do it.

they say
Quote:
Please read my previous email attentivly)

I'll provide you description of items and etc. You list it at ebay and provide me shipping addresses of your buyers

I'll ship directly to your buyers. You'll spend me my share after DELIVERED status

do you have ebay account and how much feedbacks?

I certainly want to find out what the goods are to stay away from those listings.

PLEASE TAKE CAER OF YOUR SELF OR I SEND TO YOU F.I.B ?

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts X24 Sand Timer 1 X 2.5 years
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My cheque is ready to send and my drop box has been given the go ahead.

He asked for my phone number but I can ill afford such a luxury, which is why I need this job !

sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He just sent me a fake check, I gave him a bad address. Oooopppssss, guess he's gonna have to pay to have his fake check shipped all over again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic