SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

i think this is a scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi,

i am new here and came across this site when i decided to investigate something i think is a scam.

i received this message from my friendster account:

Quote:
Date: 05/11/2009 11:43 pm
Subject: Hello,my email address is([email protected])
Hope this email finds you in good health, I come across your Profile In this Love site as I Have interest In u i deem it very necessary to get in touch with u for a long-lasting relationship. beside My name is Mirrian 23yrs old female, has decent hobbies like reading and swimming and i desires to make long-lasting friendship with you. Do u think age, color or distance is any bar to make such friendly relationship with you? If not, then stretch your hand to me and accept mine. If you feel like we will be friends fine,then u mail me back at ([email protected]) so that I will forward u my photos and Introduce myself to u more, So from there we will get to know each other very well .Mail me back, There is only one happiness in life,to love and beloved. I will always remain yours in love.
Big Kisses And Hugs!
Miss Mirrian. ([email protected])
Please for more introduction and picture, i will like you to contact me through my private mail box ([email protected]) Thanks

i replied with her on the same date (may 11, 2009) using my email address and she replied today with the following message:

Quote:
Dearest one,
Compliment of the day,
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.How are you is your?I hope fine. My name is Miss Mirrian Sary. I am 23 years old. My birthday was 10th feb 1986.I hold a certificate in general Nursing.

I am hoping to further my education in this career. I am not married and don't have children. I am chocolate in complexion and of average heigth, my picture will explain to you better. I am from Liberia in west Africa and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country last three years.

My late father Dr.Almammy Sary was chairman managing director of (Sary group of company LTD ) in Manrovia the capital city of my country. He was also one of the high officers in the leadership of our country before the rebels attacked our house one early morning killing my mother and my father during president Charles Taylor's reign. It is only me that is alive now ,then i have to ran to a nearby country for my dear life which is where i am now in the refugee camp. I haven't finish up my education for now to my tast,i need a good lovely man who will make use of my fathers wealth and get me through in life.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes. Your hobbies and what you are doing presently.

I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attach here is my picture for you, though I am not all that photogenic,i have more to tell you in my next mail with my lovely heart. I wait to hear from you soonest.
Yours darling,
Mirrian

and she also attached her picture in her email, which unfortunately i don't know how to put here... Very Happy

so i tried to look over the internet and searched for the identity of this person. and i found this post from this site:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=899649

i decided anyway to reply to her email to know further what this girl, mirrian sary, wants.

i was wondering if this person has been caught already or not or what happened to the guys who dealt with this scammer, if she really is a scammer.

thanks. i'll wait for a response.
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

another thing... upon reading the welcome notes and all those stuff from this site, it said i should not use anything that reveals my identity...

however, i already used my personal email address in replying to this girl because that's where she found me, in my friendster account where my email address was posted in my profile for all my friends to see. i think this scammer got me now... Mad
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely a scam. "Do u think age, color or distance is any bar to make such friendly relationship with you?", refugee camp, father left millions is cliche scammer. Very Happy

Caught is another subject. Identified would be a better word as in information about this format and photos are posted on the internet. Even if we knew the real name and address and the seat number at the internet cafe where he is typing busily, it wouldn't do much good because local law enforcement isn't as interested in pursuing and prosecuting internet scams as we would like.

So bait away. Just make sure you are baiting safe - using a email that is not tied in anyway to RL and is from a provider that strips the IP

ETA - Just saw your "another thing". Send her (pronoun used because it's easier) an email from your real account saying something like you've started dating someone locally but good luck. Then make your fake email and write her saying something like "it's been a while since we talked. How are you doing?" Then have fun!

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

beckythatcher,

i knew at the beginning that this is a scam. thanks for the advice.

regarding the IP address thing, i am using my personal computer at home. don't know if my internet provider is stripping the IP when i send emails.

but thanks for the tip and i'll play along with "her" and try to have fun... Cool
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
regarding the IP address thing, i am using my personal computer at home. don't know if my internet provider is stripping the IP when i send emails.

The easiest thing to do is just set up a gmail account (or 7 or 8 as you get into this thing. Very Happy )

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you very much...

i am reading valborg's post, the one regarding that iraqi soldier scam and got an idea how to bait my scammer, hehehe... Razz
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi,

just to update this thread. the scammer sent an email again. and a name i've read somewhere, i think on this website, was mentioned in the mail like rev. patrick faye. this was her mail with the subject heading: WITH LOVE AND TRUST I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS

Quote:
(sent on May 14, 2009)

My Dearest in heart,
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail. How are you this days? How was your night hope fine? Mine is a little bit cold over here in Dakar Senegal. In this camp we are only allowed to go out from the camp only on Mondays and Fridays of the weeks.Its just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon.i don't have any relatives now whom i can go to all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person i have now is Rev. Patrick Faye,who is the pastor of the (Living Christ Bible Church) here in the camp he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am leaving in the female hostel because the camp have two hostels one for men the other for women.

The Pastors Tel number is (+221- 774245960) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me, he will send for me in the female hostel. As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this Muslim country.I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

Please listen to this, i have my late father's deposit certificate and death certificate here with me which i will send to you later,because when he was alive, he deposited some amount of money in a leading financial institution in Europe which he used my name as the next of skin,the amount in question is $7.5m (Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you.I kept this secret to people in the camp here the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me. So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.

I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision, trustworthy and hardworking.My favorite language is English but our language is french but i speak English very fluently.Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said i have a lot to tell you. Have a nice day and think about me. Awaiting to hear from you soonest.
Yours in love,
Mirrian.

so i replied following your suggestion that my ex came back, etc. here was my reply

Quote:
Hello,

I'm doing great and is very happy now. My ex-girlfriend finally came back to me, she realized she still love me and I felt the same for her. We are now planning to get married, and she moved into my place just today. I hope you're doing fine there in the refugee camp as well. I am confident that your pastor, Rev. Patrick Faye, will take care of you as long as you are in the camp.

I love to call you through the phone number you gave but unfortunately my cell phone subscription is limited only for local calls, no international calls. I am willing to help you, but see, after our breakup and now that we reconciled, I don't want my fiancee to think that I'm having an affair with other girls. I hope you understand that. In fact, to get her to believe that I will not do anything stupid (if you know what I mean) this time, I let her take my cell phone. I can only use my phone if I have some important calls to make, and with her beside me every time I do a call.

Wow, that $7.5 million your father left is truly a huge amount. You can live a modest life from that money. But then, I can't do anything to help you. We already have a shared account with my future wife and all the money we earned from our jobs are deposited there. She will suspect something if she finds out that there will be a large sum of money sitting in our account. And you know, she knows how much I earn and that's what I will deposit in our account.

I suggest you borrow some money from your friends there, or to Rev. Patrick Faye, so that you can use it to go to the bank and withdraw your money and start a new life. You have to explain to Rev. Faye your situation. I think he will understand that and I am sure he will help you. I really want to help you get that money out but I don't want to do anything that might break my relationship again with my fiancee. I love her very much.

With prayers for your safety,
xxxxxx

my mail sounds silly, but i expected the scammer will get the message i am trying to tell. however, she or he seemed to have not understood a word i've said. the scammer responded with this

Quote:
My sweet heart,
How is your day? I believe it is great,I really appreciate your love,I read your mail and i realized very well that you are the man i have always wish for.
I want someone who would treat me with love and understanding as i have gone through a lot of trauma. I appreciate your effort towards me, your interest to assist me transfer my money to your position pending my arrival to meet with you to start a new life.

As i told you in my previous mail, i am presently living in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the death of my parents. Things are very difficult here and all my hopes is on you and for you to assist me transfer 7.5 million dollars deposited by my late father at ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND. to your position so that you can send some money for me to prepare my traveling documents to meet with you. I have informed the bank about my plans to claim this money and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my refugee status. In this regards i will like you to contact the bank immediately with this information,telling them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me transfer my 7.5 million dollars deposited by my late father Dr.Almammy Sary, of which i am the next of kin.

The contact information of the bank is as follows:
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
The name of the transfer officer is
JOHNNY CAMERON
DIRECTOR..FOREIGN OPERATIONS
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND
[email protected]
[email protected]

phone no: +447031875580
fax: +447145132651
Account Name ...........Dr.Almammy Sary
Account number......... 037-753-80-100
Type of account.........Call Deposit
When you contact them tell them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to assist me transfer my money to your account due to my refugee status here in Dakar. Hoping to hear from you soonest.
Miss Mirrian.

with the subject: Please my love contact the bank for the transfer

i think this scammer does not understand english or that his/her responses were scripted. i think they don't even read the mail. they just look for some keywords, perhaps something like "i like to help you" and if they found the phrase within the mail, regardless of what you say, they will respond with their scripted messages.

i also checked the rbs website to verify the phone numbers given by this scammer. as i expected, the rbs contact numbers were not even close to the one provided by this scammer.

that will be for now. i'll post again next time if i will be able to bait this scammer... Cool
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, lovescameater Welcome to eater,,
Like all scammers, he's using a script. I doubt he's even reading your replies. The script is all part of the softening up process, before he goes for the money tree.
Might I suggest you read some of the "stickies' on the subject of money scams.
I think you should also drop this person, if in any way your using or have used an personal details. The first rule of baiting is do it safely
Just remember your dealing with professional criminals, people who don't have one scrap of conscience. And will tell you anything, and use any excuses to attempt to extract money from you. And you will have doubts , and think this is a genuine case.. regardless of how long your into this baiting, there will be times when you will wonder. Some of these people are very good at what they do.

Then when you think your ready to give someone a nice serve, apply for a mentor, and use one of the e-mails in the excess scam section. set up a couple or twenty e-mail accounts Gmail, hushmail, etc, and aquire some charatures names and persona's. And jump in the deep end.
There's heaps of help and advice on here. And it really is a case of us and them

As for loading photo's on here, set up a photobucket .com account
load your pictures on there, then cut & paste the photo link on here [img]photo link[img] Don't forget to use false details for the account..

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi,

thanks for your help... this is really my first time to deal with these kinds of people and i've decided inform the authorities. in my latest reply, i gave this scammer the address and telephone number of a governmental body in my country, an agency similar to the US FBI, and informed the authorities about this.

so if ever this person will make a call, it would be answered by some government agents... Laughing

i just hope this scammer will really make that call... Cool

and i also set up another email, which is the one i used in my latest reply. if ever this scammer would reply to this email, i'll get along and see how well i can play with him/her.

and yea, i'm reading about the tips on scambaiting here and the other posts. i'm starting to learn the trick.

thanks.
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i gave this scammer the address and telephone number of a governmental body in my country, an agency similar to the US FBI, and informed the authorities about this.

This would be against the Eater rule "Don't involve innocent third parties (ITP)". That means FBI type agencies, the White House, or a pizza parlor. There is really nothing your local governmental body can do and I'm sure (I hope) they have better things to do than talk to some African scammer.

lovescameater
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi beckythatcher,

i don't think a government agency, most especially a law enforcement body such as FBI or its similar agencies, is an innocent third party. it's their job to catch these crooks. so whether they perform their task or not, it's up to them. anyway, i informed them about this so it wouldn't be a disruption on their work if ever that scammer called. whether they have "better things" to do or not, i think they should not be bothered by this because as i said it is a part of their job. and i don't want to be disrupted from my work as well, so it is better to give this scammer a number from a law enforcement office if ever he/she will make a phone call.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Even better is to avoid phone calls altogether. Tell them you're deaf, or you aren't allowed to receive international calls, or you have a stalker so you don't take incoming calls.

Or get yourself a free K7 number, which is a message-only number. The lad can call all he wannts, he'll never speak to anyone but a voice-mail recorder. Wink

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
it's their job to catch these crooks. so whether they perform their task or not

Right..I hope you were able to provide them with the scammer's real name, location and proof that he had actually stolen someone's money. Because if you havn't, please let me know how talking to your scammer on the phone is going to allow them to catch a crook who is not in their jurisdiction.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic