SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wannabe Baiter saying hello

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember joining here around five years back, with a first post (quickly locked) equating scambaiting to mosquito breeding or something.

So, when the text above my avatar changed to "wannabe" I looked back and realized I had never said hello.

Not only that, nobody said hello to me either. And when I had a question or something I found lots of other guys with the same problem, and so I rarely posted.

So, this is to say hello, and thanks to the resource that these pages have been for five years, the inspiration for a few baits, the source of material for warning people I meet regarding scams on the internet, and above all just fun ...

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back, the Lads are still out there waiting for you. Plenty of new toys to play with use to keep the lads entertained.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow N&D -- that's a blast from the past. Laughing

Good to see you up and about once more. Hope you stick around and that more people say "hello" to you this time.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, N&D! Very Happy Welcome back! Very Happy
Things have changed a bit in 5 years, you'll see. The hellos will come pouring in now. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Neil&Dan

If you do have any questions that you cant find an answer to, please ask Wink Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! I was one of those people who lurked much more than posting back in those old days, when it seemed like an important secondary mission of the forum was to give a hard time to new members. especially those who didn't know as much as the regulars. these days there are a lot more efforts to help new members along, and a lot less of the "toughen up or get out" attitude.

Fortunately we still have some mods who are mad with power.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Neil&Dan in his first post wrote:
It goes like this: You set up little dishes of water and decaying vegetables around. The mosquitoes lay eggs. They hatch. And, when the wrigglers turn pupa you overturn the lot onto dry ground and start again.

The mosquito has to hatch just one progeny to be successful, and she lays hundreds of eggs. Interesting parallel to scambaiting, and about as useful in its intended purpose, in my opinion.

But I can be persuaded otherwise . . .

Interesting analogy. I seriously doubt we would lock a thread like that now, unless the OP requested a lock, or became disrespectful to other members who were offering sincere responses. Confused

I will lock this thread however.

Kidding. Wink

I hope you'll feel free to post more regularly. The more the merrier! Very Happy
(That goes for members as well as opinions.)

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Neil&Dan and welcome back to Eater!

I have been trying to get a thread I started locked since I got here. Almost did once. So consider yourself lucky! Laughing

Glad you are back! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Smile

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Neil&Dan, Welcome back. I lurked for years before joining in, the people really are very helpful. Some of them just pretend to be mean.

Dora....Now that you brought it up, you know people are now going to go searching for your original posts, don't you?

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
I have been trying to get a thread I started locked since I got here.
I did, and I earned a quarter of a flag from it. The trick is to ask a mod to lock it. The OP (usually) has that privilege. Very Happy

Welcome back, Neil&Dan.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Mr. Kruse
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome (back), Neil&Dan.

"STUPID MOFO...U NO GET MONEY BUY CC....FUCKIN BROKE N#%%&" - Lee Gatsby, CC Mogul

Closed lad accounts X 297
Spain x3 United Kingdom x51 Cambodia Flag x2 France x5 United States x17 South Africa x5 Ghana x18 x17 China x2 Malaysia x2 Ivory Coast x3 Germany x3 Benin x3 Switzerland Netherlands Canada Flag Pakistan Filipino flag Belgium Burkina Faso Denmark Australia Indonesia Turkey Thailand
Easter Egg 2013
Sand Timer Anita and Tex
$7,715 so far of bad checks captured.

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome back N&D.

"MY FINANCE DEPARTMENT TOLD'S ME TODAY THAT THE WESTERN UNION FORM YOU SENT WAS NOT VALID AND ELUCID" - Dr Frank Johnson

THERE IS A MURDER CASE WHICH I ENGAGE MY SELF INTO TO MAKE SURE THE CLIENT IS NOT KILLED BY HANGING, BUT I THANK GOD TODAY THAT THE CLIENT SUCIDED IN GOING TO JAIL INSTEAD OF HANGING TO DEATH,THAT IS THE REASON WHY I DIDN,T GET BACK TO YOU SOON. - Mohammed Traore

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE AM BURNING I MEAN I AM IN BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE RED SEA PLEASE. - Ruth
soylent green
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the kind words.

My opinion on scambaiting has not, however, changed since then. I still consider it an entertaining sideshow which might not be directly effective in curbing scams.

The entertainment and publicity that it generates, however, will.

So let's all have more of the likes of scrooge ...

=
O
<|\/
|\
// s.t.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi N&D, welcome back, the mods are just fluffy pussy cats now, you're bound to meet one at least Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Neil&Dan, baiting may not curb scamming totally, but it can educate and help prevent some people from becoming victims. Wink

thud419 wrote:
I did, and I earned a quarter of a flag from it.

You're my new hero, thud! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome!While it might not be directly effective at curbing scams,I have to believe that the sheer frustration we cause the lads has to count for something somewhere.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome! Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting will never stop scammers completely, but we sure inconvenience the hell out of them and cut into their productivity, so that's a big plus! Very Happy

I hope you'll jump back in. The water's fine. Wink

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen many cases where a bait has prevented somebody from being scammed.

Baiter baits a scammer
baiters wastes some time
Scammer is de-educated and frustrated
baiter post the bait
potential victim finds teh details of the scammer posted on baiting site.

Baiting alone will not stop scammers, but it can and does prevent many people from losing money to scammers, both directly and indirectly

I doubt anybody who has been saved by a scam by baiters actions would see it as being like a mosquito bite

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
luckey

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm reminded of a time when I was bouncing around Italy. I was sitting in a park killing time between trains when a guy came up to me and asked me to break a bill so he could have change for the phone. I didn't have enough to make the whole bill and offered to just give him what I had instead. He wouldn't take it, and seemed confused about the whole thing. After a few minutes of trying to understand each other, he walked off without the change, and without using the phone. A few minutes after that, another man walked up and handed me my backpack.

Apparently the first guy's job was to distract me while his buddy grabbed my stuff. The guy who returned it had seen what was happening and chased the snatcher guy down. That man could never hope to rid Italy of crime, but I was extremely grateful for what little he was able to do.

Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy N&D, and welcome back. Don't be such a stranger for the next 5 years.

Not too many of us remaining from 2004. Firehouse, Shiver, and me... Maybe a couple others. Try not to drop out of sight again for so long.

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic