SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

It's my first time- be gentle with me!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sk8rb8r
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been lurking here for a few months, and decided to do my first bait- I already responded to one email, and I've gotten two back already....

I thought I'd be ready for this, but I think I'm going to sign up for a mentor before I go any further.

Just one question- is there a glossary of terms that are used here? If there is, I haven't seen it yet.... or perhaps on another site? Some of the lingo used here is new to me.

Otherwise, I'm looking foward to joining in on the fun.
doob
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome.. and remember to bait safe and show no mercy Smile

Me, I normally don't have any plan when I first "respond".. I let them set the "tone" of my mood...
sk8rb8r
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do have one question though.... is it wrong (or against 419 eater's policies) to use pictures obtained from sites like Google Images, Flick'r or Photobucket in the process of baiting- i.e.; anonymously using someone else's pictures, of course though, not using any pics that give away anyones identity or anything.
doob
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, that's not recommended.. the scammers will reuse it to try and scam other victims.. so I wouldn't do that..

Now.. we DO use celeb pics.. cause.. who doesn't know who they are Smile
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome sk8rb8r! Very Happy

Here you go!

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846#3

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When he asks for pictures, id, or whatever, tell him one or more of the following:

(a) It is attached (attach nothing).

(b) I don't have a scanner (offer to buy a scanner - discuss features, price etc. get his help to hook it up. Then - - it doesn't work!)

(c) Send him a DLL file COPIED (repeat COPIED) from your hard drive. rename it "photo.jpg" or whatever.

(d) Use one of the pictures/passports in Gomerpyle's signature line.

(e) Send him a dll copied from your system, and tell him the contents are encrypted for security reasons. Provide detailed instructions how to decode it.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Promise him riches, give him nothing. Spindle him from here to kingdom come. Ruin his day, then his week, rinse and repeat. Welcome Very Happy

NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sk8rb8r wrote:
I do have one question though.... is it wrong (or against 419 eater's policies) to use pictures obtained from sites like Google Images, Flick'r or Photobucket in the process of baiting- i.e.; anonymously using someone else's pictures, of course though, not using any pics that give away anyones identity or anything.

Would you like it if someone used your personal photograph to pass off as themselves and send to thugs? Golden Rule, mate...

Celebrities are fair game, though. The bastards wanted to be famous, didn't they.

EDIT: Disclaimer: The above is solely my opinion and not Eater policy... as far as I know, anyway.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome

i use the photograph of our prime minister, not one lad has realised !

Esq.

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi sk8rb8r and welcome to Eater!

sk8rb8r wrote:
to use pictures obtained from sites like Google Images, Flick'r or Photobucket in the process of baiting- i.e.; anonymously using someone else's pictures, of course though, not using any pics that give away anyones identity or anything.

I think you have gotten some pretty good advice so far. I would just comment one thing. If you meant pics of PEOPLE, then I would have to agree. Please stick with celebs and reasonably famous peeps. If you are talking about pics of places, things, that are posted on the net, like of buildings, cars, etc, then I would say, go for it. Just stay away from anything that involves an innocent third party. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that there is a bit of confusion here.

Pulling random pictures off the internet is fine. Many of us do that. Don't link to that person's real life info; other than that - they stuck it there, and it is fair game.

Pulling pictures of ID/passports is different. Don't send lads documentation. Sure they can find that themselves...make them do the work, then.

There is no rule about this, by the way.

Doob, who are you? You've posted 60+ posts in two days, and seem to think you know everything. This makes my nose twitch.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Mykuss
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have used some random pictures of Russian Orthodox priests in a bait of mine, but I find it funnier to use pictures of celebrities or other public figures. I wouldn't worry too much about the scammers re-using the photos, as a simple Google image search provides them with more photos than one baiter ever could.

Just remember to never give out real information and you'll be fine.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsnerd wrote:

Pulling random pictures off the internet is fine. Many of us do that. Don't link to that person's real life info; other than that - they stuck it there, and it is fair game.

Yeah, I was talking about a picture of a random person, posing with their expensive car or in front of their big mansion- of course, not with a license plate or an address in the picture.

I put a picture of a guy in front of his expensive house attached to my Gmail account..... from far away, he definetly couldn't be identified or anything..... nothing that a scammer couldn't get off the net himself.

But if y'all say I shouldn't, I won't.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

welcome sk8rb8r. It's fine to use someone's random picture in the way you're describing. There is no rule or advice against it. The guideline advises against using fake ID or connecting pictures to someone's real life information. As Snerd said, there seems to have been some confusion by members here.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic