SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Where to start?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
John Henry Eden
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My fellow Americans,

Well, I signed up here a while ago then was busy with stuff in RL so did not get a chance to even really get started. Well, finally remembered this and come back to find my bait account that I put out there to get the attention of lads has over four hundred messages!

Well, I figured most would be messages about enlarging my... well you know. Turns out most of them are 419 scams!

So, my question is. With a few hundred messages to choose from where do I start? As this is my first bait what should I look for in a 419 that would make it a good one to start myself out on?

Those ones that try to claim they are a religious person or even a pastor really get me mad. Maybe I should start with one of them.

John Henry Eden, President of the Enclave

Last edited by John Henry Eden on Thu May 14, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, go with the ones that interest you. A good illness scammer or religous nut can keep you amused for ages.

Just make sure you've read all the stickies, know how to bait safely, have signed up for a mentor ... and got your anti-lad hugging jab from Nurse Nasty.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the beginning, it almost doesn't matter, as all you are trying to do right now is get comfortable with the lingo, the rhythm, and the manner of the bait. You should just "bait straight" at first, and get the lad producing his script. Then start taking steps to assert control over the lad and see what does and doesn't work.

Given that you have hundreds of emails to choose from, and given that there are tens of thousands more destined for your inbox, you have the luxury of abundance.

As you get better, you'll start to figure out what you are good at and what lads you enjoy baiting. I've always enjoyed church baits, but from the perspective of creating my own church, rather than engaging in the lad's religion.

Anyway, as noted, get a mentor ASAP. He/she will be very valuable to you. Good luck.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
John Henry Eden
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My fellow Americans,

I have read the stickies and there is much good advice there that I will follow. And I always try for safety online; even my best friends online who I have known for five years do not know my real name. I am kind of obsessed with posting in character on forums though (If it gets annoying just let me know).

I will sign up for a mentor shortly, got a project here at the office to work on right now though that just came up. Back in a couple of hours.

John Henry Eden, President of the Enclave, President of your life.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

John Henry Eden wrote:
I am kind of obsessed with posting in character on forums though (If it gets annoying just let me know).

That's a promise. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

who are you calling American? Wink

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second that question! Why do you address us as "fellow Americans" when a goodly percentage are not citizens of that Federation?

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
GDubbyah
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I, for one, am quite offended for being called American.

Despite my namesake.
John Henry Eden
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yastreb wrote:
I second that question! Why do you address us as "fellow Americans" when a goodly percentage are not citizens of that Federation?

Ever play Fallout 3? John Henry Eden is the President of the United States/Enclave. Well, there is more to it than that, but telling would be spoilers.

Here are some of his speeches from one of the in game radio stations, Enclave Radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWVvJ0awR8Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvqo2liiDiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnmIiXygUxc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mn4kpD5U3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5PZtp134U

And yes, I know he does not say "My fellow Americans" exactly often but I was in a rush this morning so just slapped that on.

How about "My fellow Baiters" or something similar.

Last edited by John Henry Eden on Thu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 418Eater, and fighting the good fight! Razz

Your best bet might be to start off by straight baiting several different examples of the different scam types out there, and seeing which you have most fun with.

I prefer Lottery Scammers, since for some reason they seem to believe me more than the NoK or Trunkbox ones. Other's stick with just Cheque Scammers, Craiglist Scammers, or Love Scammers. It just takes a while to find your niche (unless yours is wiping out the ghouls).

Fallout 3 for the win Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Colonist,

As NNN points out, go with the ones that interest you. First baits are easier if the subject of the scam is something that you have a degree of knowledge of but remember the lad is totally ignorant of whatever his line is.

For example, if you choose a few Gold offers, ask for an assay report, spectograph analysis, DeBeers Standard Appraisal Photographs and always insist on an invoice before you even consider weston onions.

As MA points out, most baiters find their niche after a few weeks and then really begin to have fun.

King George IV

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In contrast to Inkerman, I have more fun with baits where I know exactly nothing about the topic. It's the lad's job to educate me about the details.

I would like to post "in character" but no one appreciates the contributions of a filthy drunken layabout. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh, fffrrrrrrsssshhhhhhh GONNA KILL YOU rrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh zzzzzzzzzz

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Badger Grylls
Chemically Abused

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fallout 3 ...hmmm never heard of it Rolling Eyes

Fuck you Fuck you keep your TWAT I opens my own TWAT......Naomi Alyiou
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In contrast to Inkerman, I have more fun with baits where I know exactly nothing about the topic. It's the lad's job to educate me about the details.

Exactly. Find out what you are happy with and go down that route. None of the advice (especially mine) is necessarily right for you, it just gets you off and running.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My fellow baiters. I am proud to report that the infinite resources of the Enclave have found a couple of good lads to start baiting on. The baits are scheduled to begin tonight.

The first involves a lad who sent a .doc attachment with the standard 419 scam in it; the main body of the e-mail was just something about important information being in the attachment. For this lad I plan to pretend to be completely computer illiterate and claim to have trouble with the attachment. I can honestly tell him that I am having trouble with my MS Word - I reinstalled Windows recently and found I had lost the CD Key for Word, how unfortunate. I use Open Office now but the lad does not need to know that. - and ask if he can send the attachment in the e-mail itself. I will also be replying with attachments of my own using the Open Office odf format for extra confusion.

The second I plan to be someone who is down from the economy and that money could really help me, but there is a problem that will make it difficult for me to send anything to him. I wonder how he will react when I tell him the problem also has a REALLY big payday if he follows through with the hoops I am going to have him jump through. I will reveal the details as the bait progresses. This is John Henry Eden signing off.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You might want to be prepared with more than two, especially if the ones you picked are older. Lad email accounts are constantly being closed, so it is not uncommon to have your response emails bounce. In addition, some lads may be slow in responding if they already have promising scams going (and now they'll be even slower since today is Friday and many lads don't work weekends).

Personally I think it is better to send a standard "I'm interested" response to several, then wait and see who responds. If too many respond, just choose the ones that interest you the most and either drop the others completely, or run a really slow bait in which you respond once every few days or once a week.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy wrote:
You might want to be prepared with more than two, especially if the ones you picked are older. Lad email accounts are constantly being closed, so it is not uncommon to have your response emails bounce.

I see what you mean, got about three or four to bounce back. Well, got another three sent, so we will see what happens.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic