SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some basic questions from a newbie...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
the_traveler
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I have read the stickies, very helpful indeed. I have read many baits on here, again very helpful. I have read the beginners tutorial, the most helpful thing so far!

A couple of questions I have

Right now I am getting A LOT of the form letter activity from about 15 different lads, how do you keep them all in order? How do you remember who is who? So far I have been scrolling down to read previous correspondence, but is there a better way? I am trying to stick with them in hoping to get one or two to actually email me personally.

Next question, is there ever a time when their "English" is so bad that you just don't respond because it is too much of a headache to try and understand what they are saying?

I probably need a mentor, but I don't want to request one just yet as I don't want to get bored and waste their time. I am just starting this the last couple of days and until I am sure I am going to go into full on, I don't want to ask for a mentor.

Last question, of these 15 or so I have right now, how many would you keep as a newbie, first timer? Would you just try and play them all out if they are willing or would you widdle it down, if so, how many would you try to handle?

Thanks for your answers! This is a great thing you all are doing.

The_traveler

Edit: Can someone point me to a link on the baiter "jargon", I picked up some of it, I know what lad means and a few others like safari, but is there a place I missed a listing or "dictionary" on the way we talk here so that I don't confuse anyone?

Last edited by the_traveler on Thu May 14, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Scorpio
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Use the labels feature of Gmail to keep track of what is what.

Oh, and welcome to eater!
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually I don't lose sleep over keeping my lads segregated, as long as my character acts in character I just need to respond to their last email in an enthusiastic but unhelpful manner. At least for the first few mails whilst the lad is playing his script, and I'm seeing if they will want to play with me. The trick is to not overdo it, if you have 15 lads, just one email each per day, each with one single simple question or delaying tactic will be plenty - they have to work harder than you do!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I copy and paste each mail (theirs and mine) into a separate Word document for each Lad, then, when I receive a new mail, I can open that character's document and see at a glance what has been said before.

If I can't understand something they write, I reply with, 'I'm sorry but I didn't understand this sentence, please could you explain it again another way?'

The way I decide who and how many to continue with is to sit down and read through all the mails I've received, then answer the one I've got the brilliant reply for! Then that next one that I'd just love to answer. Until I've had enough typing for now. Then I shut the mail box. That way, the boring and the time-consuming naturally never get answered, and I'm left with only those that I feel enthusiastic about. It's got to be fun for me, too.

How many? Depends on how much time one has, how much one likes letter writing, and where one's boredom threshhold kicks in. If you're loving it, and have time to spare where you could fit in another, that's probably a good amount. If you look at all those mails and groan, that's too many.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
the_traveler
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I have one on the hook right now, I have gone back and forth with 11 emails between us, he is off his script, has my K7 number, will let it rest for a day, I need to get on the move Sat, so I have to get stuff done anyway.

BUT, the BEST part is, this lad is using the name of my previous boss that I hated ...LOL, luck would have it huh? Just gives me more inspiration!

the_traveler Shocked
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Traveler!

the_traveler wrote:
Right now I am getting A LOT of the form letter activity from about 15 different lads, how do you keep them all in order? How do you remember who is who? ....

I'm like manbiteslion - keep most of my baits running without a lot of organization, and use the same character with the same name & "character quirks" to avoid too many problems. But another entirely reasonable option when you're starting out is to use a separate email account for each "main" bait (that's assuming you'll spend more time and effort on some than others for whatever reason). This is especially important if you're using very different character types for different baits (a good idea if you want to explore what works best for you).

Quote:
Next question, is there ever a time when their "English" is so bad that you just don't respond because it is too much of a headache to try and understand what they are saying?

On these occasions, I always misinterpret what they are saying. If I decide not to reply for a while, this is never because of something the lad has done.

Also, this point you've made leads to a very productive baiting technique - why let the lads be the only ones who write in bad English? These days all of my baiting characters write in incredibly broken english. This allows the baiting character to be easily confused about the details of the "transaction" while still appearing to be eager and compliant.

Quote:
how many would you keep as a newbie, first timer? Would you just try and play them all out if they are willing or would you widdle it down, if so, how many would you try to handle?

Start with the ones that seem most interesting to you, but why not reply to all of them at the beginning? remember, you can stop writing at any time, for any reason.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a similar system to Branwen.
I keep all the baits in seperate doc files. I also use a different colour font for each character within that particular bait - it makes it easier to scroll back to the last piece of conversation - or e.g. find something you may have said several emails ago.
Lads invariably introduce various characters of their own - lawyers, business partners etc. so a different colour font will help find their contributions as well.

It also may help a bait to keep notes / suggestions as reminders to yourself for later tactics through the bait.
e.g. with a next-of-kin, you might want to ask for:
proof that there are no relatives (you'll need his lawyer to confirm this on an official form, naturally);
how exactly does he know there aren't any more relatives (question his sources / research);
what procedures does he have in place if a real relative surfaces; (this gives you a chance to introduce a side character who also claims to be a relative!)

and so on as the bait unfolds.

Put your hints at the top of the file and use them as needed.

Always use the drip...drip...drip...drip... of questions over several emails rather than all of them at once.

Welcome!

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic