SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

It's payback time

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dontscamme
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently have come in contact with a scammer, we started talking on a website and then we started talking on my personal email this went on for a while and I gave him my phone number after a few months to call me, after I did that he said he owned an antique store and there was a problem with his merchanise and he had to go on a business trip, then days later he says he is in West Africa trying to work out the situation and says he is being fined for like 3000 dollars and says, "maybe you could help me out with a soft loan"LOL!!!

SO what could I do now, I asked him how much a soft loan is? What could I say or do? I wanna string him along for awhile. Should I be worried that he has my phone number?

Any advise or suggestions would be helpful, if you need more info then just ask me thanks.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please read the stickies in the main forum about baiting safe.

This guy has your personal details, so you should cease all contact with him. Block his email and do not answer the phone to him.

If you want to bait him then set up a safe email address with google and sign up for a fake profile on the website that you first met him on. Then you can get in touch with him as a new person.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dontscamme

What my honourable colleague say is right.

You could change your phone number, and set up an new baiting email.

Then as 'your cousin' pick him up and invent some accident that has rendered his 'friend' inactive for an indefinite period. She has however asked you (her cousin) to keep in touch and see what you can do to help him.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dontscamme, Hi and Welcome! And good job in spotting the scammer, before he succeeded in getting money out of you.

As B8er said, please stop contact with the scammer since "he" has your real life information. Set up a safe and fake email account and post a fake profile on the dating site. Than just send him a quick note like, "Hey, It's been a while how are you doing?" Do not mention anything about the real you. Just start a fresh relationship with "him" as a new person. You do not want him to know or think that this new person is in any way connected to the real you. So please do not use the "cousin" idea suggested above. That would work for an established baiting (fake) relationship, but is not a good idea since he has your real life details.

Bait safe and have fun!

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I stand corrected.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will have to disagree slightly with the suggestion above about a cousin--it does not agree with the principles of "baiting safely". f you choose to bait him from another character, it should be completely unconnected from the real you. While we routinely create relatives (fathers, siblings, cousins, etc. to our fake characters, they are still completely disconnected from reality. First of all, since he has your real info, he could research you and verify that the accident was not real. Secondly, as long as your fictitious character has a (real or claimed) connection to you in real life, your scammer's anger and/or vengeance could be directed back at you. We have seen scammers who have posted negative info all over the internet about baiters' characters, or have reported real victims' or baiters' profiles as scammers, etc. you do not want to increase the likelihood that something like that will happen with your real information--especially since I am assuming you are actually on internet dating sites because you are interested in meeting someone.

Just cut him off completely, or if you absolutely feel the need to explain--don't tell him that you know he is a scammer--instead tell him that you met someone else, or you believe a man should be able to support himself and his family at all times, and you will not date a man who feels it is acceptable to drag a woman he is not married to into his financial problems (you get the general idea).

As b8er suggested, just approach his original profile from a completely fake one (or search for profiles on other dating sites--most scammers are using the same or similar profile on multiple sites--and do the same thing). Use a proxy or a gmail, fastmail, or hushmail account, just in case he is IP savvy and compares your new character's IP to yours.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for all the advice, I am changing everything my email account and deleting my profile from the site and so one, If I do decide to bait him then I was create a whole different character, that has no relation to me. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks

It just a shame how many people fall for this
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic