SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pretty good 419 scam attempt (Please mess with this people)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
calibanschaos
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is one of the better scams I have gotten. If anyone is interested in messing with these people here is the information you need.

I got this Email May, 10th, 2009 at 8:00 AM.

Date: Sun, May 10, 2009 at 7:24 AM
Subject: Business Offer.

Message Attach In your File.

{Image file is called img.jpg and contains this text:}[/b]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My name is Mr. Ethel Okon, regional Head of British Isles (Royal Bank of Canada Investment Management (UK) Limited). I am writing in respect of a Switzerland British Citizen customer of my bank Mr. Victor Ratnavale, who died together with his wife in a Plane crash on Monday 7th September 1998 GMT 14:22 UK while they were flyig from New York to Geneva. Please see

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/index.html

for more information.

The late Mr. Victor Ratnavale left in our bank the sum of twenty five million five hundred thousand pounds (25.5 million pounds) and nobody will ever come for this money because he died with his entire family. I am the only person that is aware of this money since Mr. Victor Ratnavale did not give to my bank any next of kin to inherit his money. Now, I want to us my position in the bank to transfer this money to your country for investment. If you can provide me with an account where I can transfer this (twenty five million five hundred thousand pounds) 25.5 million pounds. I will give you 40% of this entire fund while the remaning 60% shall be for me. I am hoping to get a favourable response from you.

This is my private Email: ([email protected]) very Confidential.

Mr. Ethel Okon.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun! And please post back here and let me know how the scam bating goes! TY-
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is this such a particularly good scam? I don't find it particularly believable... (not any more than most other scams anyway)

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scammer wrote:
My name is Mr. Ethel Okon

I've heard of men named Evelyn, Beverly, and Marion - but Ethel???

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EthelRed the Unready

Ethel Merman

Ethel Barrymore

Ethel GoogleSearch

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, his full name is "Ethelbert"! Laughing

It's astonishing how many entire families are killed in plane crashes, and how people with millions of dollars never bother to make a will.
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi calibanschaos and welcome to Eater!

Yes, this is a typical Next-of-Kin (NOK) scam. And not only is it a scam without any money, but he is really trying to rip you off:

idiot scammer wrote:
I will give you 40% of this entire fund while the remaning 60% shall be for me.

Sometimes they sound like they actually believe there is real money there! Sheesh! Laughing

Why don't you read the stickies, get a mentor, get a nice, IP-stripping fake email account, and bait this one yourself? I would certainly want to negotiate those percentages. I would settle for no less than 80% for me. Those negotiations could take days, maybe even weeks!

Have some fun with this one! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty routine as they go, and good starting material. bait safe, have fun Smile

beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome calibanschaos! As you may have picked up, this is a familiar scam format for many here. Very Happy
It's a good one to practice on...take a look in Eater University for some good tutorials.

@ Master of Puppets - OP said "This is one of the better scams I have gotten", not that it was a good scam.

This is what I like:

Quote:
Mr. Ethel Okon, regional Head of British Isles (Royal Bank of Canada Investment Management (UK)

with a Hong Kong email [email protected]. How very international.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Becky: Good point!
@OP: Sorry! Have fun with this lad Smile

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty vanilla NOK but that's no reason not to bait him.

If you don' t want to bait him yourself please hop over to Surplus forum and post it there with the headers, ta Smile

Welcome, btw!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
they actually believe there is real money there!

They do! I had two refuse to scam me because I asked for a bigger percentage and they wouldn't go any higher.

God they're stupid.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ They're probably not stupid.

They are looking for people who are going to give them money without too much difficulty. So, if they can only deal with a certain number of victims at the same time, they will pick the ones that are the most compliant.

If you're negotiating over the amounts then they will probably put you on the back burner while they scam the people who go along with what you are saying. They may well come back to you when they've had a few failures with other people.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
jlc419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As someone who knew a Swissair victim I find this especially repugnant.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic