SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

nationalonlineyellowpages.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get a ton of calls from these yayhoos. They signed up a business I work for without asking us, and now think we owe them like $600. However, the business doesn't come up in their listings. They once tried to record a conversation where they tried to trick me into saying I was authorized to make financial decisions for the company.
They have a website, and an email address, but they insist on using the phone to contact me. I had to drag the email address out of them. I don't know if they are a straight up scam, or just a really shady business, anyone been jerked around by these guys? If I can determine whether they are a scam or not, I will unleash the fury of eater on them, but right now they are just irritating.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone?

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Badger Grylls
Chemically Abused

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

article on them

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehrani/yellow-pages-scam.html

100% scam

Fuck you Fuck you keep your TWAT I opens my own TWAT......Naomi Alyiou
tonyfrank
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[
Seems I had let my contract lapse with their internet listing company and theyw ere sad to see me leave but I owed them $400 for tehc ontract i signed last June, I sadi mail a bill Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting because the site has been registered since 2006. The registration is usually more recent on scam sites. But also interesting is that they offer yellow pages for the US, Puerto Rico and Panama?? That is odd.

It could be that the people calling you actually have nothing to do with the webpage.

I have noticed that the real yellowpages has been doing a lot of tv advertising recently. And I have also noticed that there are a ton of fake "yellow pages" sites out there often containing advertising for fake/scam sites. The current TV ads give the message that they confirm the validity of the companies that advertise through them. But, since there are so many fake companies claiming to be the real yellow pages, how does the consumer know which to trust. I get aggravated every time I hear the advertisement, but it sounds like there is nothing that can be done.

According to the article in the link above:
Quote:
Apparently there is no law stopping people from starting companies with the name Yellow Pages, designing a logo that looks like the traditional Yellow pages and sending out invoices and other direct mail to try to get money from people that will confuse the two.
I guess the name and logo became so generic that they lost the trademark. Does anybody know if this is true?

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic