SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm a Google failure: help! (Christian music from Ghana)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This may be a bit of a long shot, but I also know that there is vast knowledge amongst the people here....

A new Lad has just sent me one of 'his' songs. He is from Ghana and the song, which he has labelled 'Mawu Ana', is, as far as I can tell, in Éwé. It's a Christian song with reference to Jesus; the second half in English: 'I know my G-d can do all things, as long as I believe in Him'. I'm not Christian, but the song is kind of cool to my aging tastes. No good me asking the Lad where the track is from, though, because he is claiming it is by himself.

I've tried Googling. 'Mawu Ana' gives me Bible references. Google doesn't seem to recognise accents, so 'Éwé' leads me to lots of websites about sheep. The English portions of the song either brings up a million-and-one Christian blogs, or, in the full length of quote, nothing.

But I'd love to know who the real singer is.

Search tips would be very welcome.

Or any knowledge about contemporary (well, sounds a bit early 1990s-ish to me, but maybe musical fashions are different in Ghana) Éwé Christian music.

And what does 'Mawu Ana' mean anyway? (I'm thinking that Mawu might mean [Supreme] G-d, but I've got no idea about Ana.)

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Branwen,

Can you e-mail me the sound file and I'll have a listen.

Ta.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Done!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's very simple and quite catchy but damn I haven't managed to identify it.

Yet.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FWIW the Ewe are spread across the border with Togo, so if you are searching using 'Ghana" try substituting with 'Togo' or 'Togolese'

(I've got an Honours Degree in W Af human geog, specifically Togo. This is the first time in 30 years I've used it)
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers GB but I haven't gone down that road yet. I have been using technology for now which identifies the song. It's the same kind of software that EweToob use which is why I speed up the audio part of my quiz to prevent identification.

It is a professional recording, albeit very repetitive and simple. It is quite catchy though. Good harmonies.

I have a few 'friendly' lads and lasses who will be hearing it later, maybe they can give us a few pointers.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I didn't really think my snippet would be helpful - I just wanted to show off my arcane knowledge.

I saw the original plans for the border, and one part read something like "starting from here, go due north for 200 miles till you reach a tree.."

Bugger the natives, we're British
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was very helpful GB, it's planted the seed of an idea.

Stay Tuned.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic