SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A few questions from a newbie

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Argonaut
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,

I've been bating for a few weeks without realising there is such a wide, established community of fellow baiters. This is all really cool. I've especially found the Strait Bait doc in the Eater Universtiy section good.

Can I ask a few newbie questions? I bet everyone asks them again and again but I haven't been able to find the answers yet.

1) In the Strait Bait doc it says we are sometimes referred to as Gmail Jokers. I guess this is because we baiters like Gmail because you can't get an IP address off it (right?). Are there other web based emails that have the same advantage and won't be so obvious to lads who have been baited before? Or is there some way to disguise your ip using Yahoo or Hotmail?

2) In RL I have used meebo before. It would seem to me like a good way to chat with lads in character and I would think the addition of an extra layer of programming (the meebo site) would disguise any IP info. Am I right? I'm not sure how to check. Anyone else have experience with this?

3) How do you get the information off of a photo to see if it is real or not. I'm not even sure what I'm asking here.

4) I've got a lad that I think maybe a ladette. I know the chances are slim, but this one behaves differently and is more concerned with describing its appearance and trying to impress me. Most of the others just shoot a few photos and expect me to stop asking questions. How can I tell?

Ok, gotta go.
General419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) There is no real risk from revealing your IP address. The most the lad can do is find out what country you're in. To find out your personal details he'd need a court order and then go to your ISP. Not going to happen. You can disguise your IP using a proxy server (e.g. proxify.com), and email should theoretically work with that. Basically the email going out will have the IP address of the proxy server instead of yours.

2) AFAIK, instant messaging apps do not send your IP address. As I said in my above point, there is no real risk from them knowing your IP. People do, however, like to be extra safe. I don't think any IM apps will send your IP, and the online ones won't. Many baiters use Yahoo! chat to talk to lads. Also, the chat feature built into GMail is commonly used between lads and baiters to chat.

3) When you say if it is a real photo or not, I presume you mean whether it is photoshopped or not. Generally, when lads send you a photoshopped image it is very obviously photoshopped. If you're not sure, feel free to PM it to me and I'll have a closer look. Photoshopping an image flawlessly isn't a very easy job at all. Generally, lads do it very badly.

4) I'd have thought that guys and gals would act pretty much the same, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'll leave somebody else to answer this one. Razz

If you haven't seen it already, check out the mentor information page (Clicky). You might benefit from getting a mentor.

George - "please stop calling me okay thanks."
Cliford - "YARRRRRRRRRRRR YOUR TIME IS UP SO YOU WILL BE KIDNAP ANY TIME FROM NOW"
Mark - "I would lactate because I broke the law"
Charles - "your church will luquidate and you shall move from grace to grass..you foolish old ass-hole called revererend...bastard."
Cliford - "and even the police or fbi can not get me i work with them so if you fill you they will help you haa haa haa haa"

Get a shiny ORANGE name! Try clicking here!

Last edited by General419 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hiya...

1) yep. Hushmail I think is another one, but frankly there's not *too* much to fear from your IP address being public if you know where it resolves to. You could also use a proxy to appear from another IP.

2) Never heard of it, try contacting @gmail.com and I'll tell you what IP details come up.

3) That's EXIF info, photoshop can read it, plus you can find other EXIF tools online. Also try tineye.com to see where a lad stole a photo from.

4) Possible, but so unlikely you've probably just got a sensitive lad. Doesn't really matter in the early, scripted stages, keep straight baiting for a while (ie don't bully for trophies, etc) and build up rapport, then you can start wheedling in questions...

Have fun and Welcome!

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:

2) Never heard of it, try contacting @gmail.com and I'll tell you what IP details come up.

Meebo is one of those universal instant messaging apps that support most protocols, like eBuddy. I believe that it has a web app so you don't have to download it.

Cliford - "YARRRRRRRRRRRR YOUR TIME IS UP SO YOU WILL BE KIDNAP ANY TIME FROM NOW"
Charles - "your church will luquidate and you shall move from grace to grass..you foolish old ass-hole called revererend...bastard."
Cliford - "and even the police or fbi can not get me i work with them so if you fill you they will help you haa haa haa haa"

Argonaut
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, thanks for the great responses. I'm glad to hear the IP address isn't so crucial. Still, I have been baiting as someone from a different country than where I actaully am. I am fluent enough with the other country to be convincing so I thought it would be a good idea. If I can show an IP address fom the country I say I'm from that would be good.

I'll look into getting a mentor.

Yes, meebo is online and requires no downloads. I thought it would be good because unlike the other ones you can turn it off and on (log on or log off) so there is no chance of a message from a lad popping up when someone else is on this computer.

What email providers are good, then. I tried Mail.com but I got my account closed for spamming!!!! I only sent two emails from it, but they must have some program that picks up key words.

Are there webmails that let you spam (as in send hundreds of emails at once) to lads?
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On Devguy's advice I simply BCC lads, usually 30 or so at a time. I haven't got the patience to cut and paste more addresses.

telling whetehr a picture is real or not - Harder ... Learn to edit your own photos using GIMP or paint.net, and see what makes a good head-swap. Experience counts here. Or just assume that anything the lad sends you is crap anyway, 'cos it usually is. he'll ignore anything you send him anyway, which you shouldn't, cos he could send it to someone else. Don't give your lad anything useful Wink

General419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Argonaut wrote:
Still, I have been baiting as someone from a different country than where I actaully am.

As I did say, you can determine the originating country of an IP address but most lads won't know how to or bother to do this.

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the unlikely event that a lad challenges you on your IP address, just say you're connecting via your satellite phone/some other made-up semi-plausible bollocks, they'll shut up.

Fact is just like most people in the world, they don't really understand how teh internets work, they just see it like a bit cash tap, it turns off and on. Very very few people in any walk of life are going to challenge you too hard without exposing their own lack of understanding. Hety I know supposed sysadmins you'd convince with the 'satellite ISP' thing, despite how unlikely and expensive it'd be in most places.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Argonaut and welcome to Eater!

Great first time questions and glad to see you are reading Eater U. There is a lot of good information there. I try and spend some time learning something new there all the time. (Or even re-learning it! Wink )

I would like to address this by the General:

Quote:
2) AFAIK, instant messaging apps do not send your IP address. As I said in my above point, there is no real risk from them knowing your IP. People do, however, like to be extra safe. I don't think any IM apps will send your IP, and the online ones won't. Many baiters use Yahoo! chat to talk to lads. Also, the chat feature built into GMail is commonly used between lads and baiters to chat.

I chat on YIM with lads and know most romance baiters spend a lot of time on YIM. And I don't want to increase any IP paranoia. However, I know it is possible for someone to get your IP from most chat programs. I am a techno-tard, however I have allowed someone to get my IP while chatting with them on various chat programs. (I believe it was AIM, YIM, and Skype.)

I don't know all the techy crud, but I have also seen some information related to tracking IPs from chats in the internet. I do know that tracking IPs from a chat is much easier if they send you and you accept a file transfer.

Again, don't be IP paranoid! Just track your own IP, see where it shows you are at, and then decide how comfortable you are with someone having that information. What is good for one person, may not be good for another.

Your mileage may vary. Wink

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah Very Happy and Fastmail is a good choice, too...because it gives you dozens (or hundreds?) of "unsuspicious" email-extensions, like speedymail, fmgirl etc etc., you are not limited to [email protected].

About the photos, if its EXIF data (see Firefox addon for a reader) is say 2 years old, then it´s clear the lad has not taken it for you. If its EXIF is just a few hours old, then it´s likely.

[Time to get some new tutorials for Eater U done but since the main disciplines have been covered in the good year of 2008, I find it hard to think of any "updates" so early already.]

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hello and welcome argonaut

the advice on ip addresses is designed to cover baiters in a variety of circumstances.
for example, baiters using work pc's might give away the company they work for.
and baiters with static ip's would also be giving away info about themselves.
if you are tech-savvy, you'll know whether your ip address needs hiding.
if you're not tech-savvy, you'll feel safer by following the advice on safe-baiting.

as someone pointed out, most lads don't know about ip addresses, and those that do probably don't care.
but i would be more wary of vlads [east european scammers]
bruckner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can guarantee that Yahoo IM gives IP address, at least with voice, cam, or file transfer. Whenever $family_member requires tech support, I have them YIM voicechat me, then I know what IP address to VNC into.

Closed lad accounts x5
Vote for Dickboi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic