SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just a Thanks thingy...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know where best to post a thank you, so I thought I'd post it here as a good accessible place.

Thank you is really all I want to say.

But some context:

A few years ago, I met a Love Scammer. Literally. He visited my home on several occasions. Initially I thought he was for real - I didn't know such scumbags existed in my own country - but later I got suspicious and wrote to him as several other women. Yep, he loved them all, and told them all of his financial tragedies.

A year later, my characters had all fizzled out with him, his email address was dead, and I couldn't find him again.

A year later again, and I wondered (more from a fit of ethics!) whether anyone else had ever done what I had done, and, furthermore, actually enjoyed wasting the time of a Bad Lad, believing it had kept him away from a real victim. I had no idea of words like 'baiting' and it took me several hours of Googling hopeful terms to lead me to baiting sites.

And I thought that this one was brilliant.

I spent hours and days and weeks reading nearly every thread.

And the advice was brilliant.

I could name some names which gave such wonderful advice but I'd feel so bad if I accidentally left someone out - maybe all I can say is that if you wonder if you were one of them, you probably were.....

I asked and am still asking some stupid questions.

I posted after too many beers, and nobody seemed to mind, even when I said Oops, maybe English beer is stronger than assumed.

I argued and still argue about the best way to do things.

I'm getting on for ancient of days and have all the stubborness that one can assume goes with it.

I'm also a List and Statistic lover. So can be a pain in the place where the sun doesn't shine, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, other folks are nice. And forgiving.

That matters to me, because .... well, just because.

But more than that, there is so much wonderful (and absolutely correct) advice here that I am so grateful to everyone who contributes.

And that is what I wanted to say.

Though I'll add a PS: This site must never go down due to lack of financial support. I wish I was a working person and could contribute more. Other people who are as glad it exists as I am - do find a way to be a paid member. Let's keep it going.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That´s a nice eulogy Very Happy and the sentences with "brilliant" i can fully subscribe !

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hear! hear!

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen,

I, for one, have always enjoyed your posts. Your thoughts and insights have been a pleasure for me to read. Your questions have always been thought-provoking to me and I like seeing your lists. Wink

I am glad you are here and I thank you for all the work you do causing lad pain!

Eater is a great place, isn't it? Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Awe Branwen, I feel the same way! Cool Cool Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Branwen, I dont want to start an arguement over this but you were wrong on one point Wink Laughing

Quote:
I asked and am still asking some stupid questions.

They would only be a stupid question if you didn't ask

Other than that, you are so very correct in every other point, it really does warm my heart knowing we can have such a positive effect on a strangers life by simply having some fun Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic