SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Am I being paranoid?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a yahoo account which is only used to log into YM to chat with lads. The only lad currently being played with by that character is the one Corona, Bombast and I are trying to safari.

Yesterday there were 4 (FOUR) paypal money requests for items such as a Oris Chronometer and a notebook computer. The IPs are from such places as Flushing, NY and High Wycombe, UK.

I sent a "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about" and received back 2 emails saying something like "sorry, I sent the invoice to the wrong person"....and (here's where the paranoia kicks in full time), neither capitalized the pronoun "I" in their response.

Any thoughts?

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd just ignore them. This is obvious lads fishing for paypal payments.

Most likely, they are even fake, not sent from paypal.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeh, I get loads of them too. Most people do. They're phishing attempts, it's really best not to reply to them. They now know you're there, so expect more crap. Ignore them.

The lad you're baiting probably shared his addy list. On the other hand, some mass mailers used by Vlads generate random email addresses with common names and numbers in them, from what I've seen. Often, an addy generated will exist. They might've just got lucky that way. Who knows. It's phishing. The various locations they're coming from suggests a bot network, which is likely Vlad stuff.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
smooth criminal
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the e-mail directed you to the paypal site and you had to enter your password- change it now! Phishers are using official looking paypal and ebay pages which prompt you to log in- most of the phishers are then able to see your name and password. Someone almost got me on this before. You can report the site to Paypal and they will do what they can to take it down.

-YOUR OVER DUE INHERITANCE FUNDS HAS BEEN GAZETTE TO BE RELEASED- Virginia Walker
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Makes sense...it just seems so odd that there was no activity in that account and then, bam bam bam, 4 emails in one day.

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

as said before, your 'friend' might have shared his adress book,
or for the random asem from the phising mails, after the first mail did not bounce, the adress was marked as 'good`, and the next load was dumped.
I also did once the mistake to answer such a mail to make clear, that...
this opens a padoras box, sometimes.
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only be worried if you care that your IP address is in the headers of the email replies you sent. Smile

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Becky, I'd be very interested in seeing the IP for the one from High Wycombe. Can you PM me some details.

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Only be worried if you care that your IP address is in the headers of the email replies you sent.

Oops. Embarassed
Oh, well, the IP shows Cox Communications which is pretty much narrows it down to 1/3 of the US.

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That's OK girlfriend, I've been there and done that. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic