SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a B&B scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Simonisthebest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I'm new to the board. I am a b&b owner in Belgium and i just recieved this email. It looks very suspicious to me, i just wonder if anyone else had recieved anything similar. I realise it might not be clear to everyone, so the general enquiry is:

Do you have a room for my wife & i? Please send me your account number (you know where this is going, right?!) so i can deposit money into your account as soon as possible. I will also need your phone number to disscuss further details...PS. Please send me a photo of yourself so i will recognise you upon my arrival. And don't forget to send your phone number!

Why doesn't he just get the phone number from our site?!

Bonjour,
Je suis Mr MELVIN BORO .
Pour nos congés j'aimerai effectuer une location.
Nous sommes au nombres de 2 personnes (Mon epouse et moi). Donnez moi s'il vous plait les disponibilités que vous avez pour une periode de deux mois
Ceci dit je désire vous spécifier que je compte vous regler par virement bancaire.Veuillez me communiquer votre RIB pour bloquer la reservation. Veuillez aussi nous repondre dès que possible s'il vous plait. Appelez moi pour plus d'informations
Cordialement.
M MELVIN BORO
TEL: (00225) 66608865
Ps:Communiquez moi svp votre photo que je puisse vous reconnaitre a mon arrivée
N'oubliez pas vos coordonnées telephoniques

Split from here -luckey
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Simonisthebest!

I agree that looks suspicious. If it's a scam, he will probably deposit funds into your account and then have a change of plans and ask you to wire money back to him. The transfer will be fraudulent and will be reversed when the bank discovers it.

scammersshouldburninhell
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

look verrrrrry suspicious. dont think it genuine. y he needs ur picture after all? Rolling Eyes

Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bank account details? He may take a bunch of cash out of your account. Demand that he pays like your regular customers do and see what happens.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Simonisthebest
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips guys.

I am just going to ignore this; probably won't be the last of these kind of mails i will recieve and i don't really want to waste my time on people who want to steal from me. Sending him a mail would just confirm to him that i'm stupid enough to fall for his trick...
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You might want to familiarize yourself with the information on checking headers--while a few lads use gmail or proxies, many have not learned these tricks or feel they are unnecessary. When the sender is claiming to be from Europe or the US but the IP address shows somewhere in Africa, you can basically assume that it is a scam attempt.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's so many different styles of these scams, it seems all so overwhelming and confusing.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ It can be confusing, and the lads prey on that.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic