SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do they want to call you?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
claudehauper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He wants my name and phone number. Why?
I'm going to write back and tell him that I would rather correspond via email. Will this end it?
Thanks

Last edited by claudehauper on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you believe he is a scammer - - drop him. He already has far too much information about you to attempt to bait him

If you do want to bait him, open a brand new gmail account in the name of Fred Flintstone, and have fun!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
claudehauper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks
I get these from time to time.
Should I just send the first email from something like a Yahoo address?
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Claudehauper, Welcome to the site. As Bruin said, you should drop him if he has any of your real life information.

As for why they want to call you, it is to make sure you are for real. If you are in the US get yourself a K7 telephone number http://k7.net/ and set up a voice mail box using your character name and give them that number. That way the scammer can call you and leave a message. That usually satisfies them. Just remember to bait safe.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
claudehauper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Harvestmoon,
I clicked on the URL you posted, Is this the 'free voicemail" I need?

http://www.laservoicemail.com/

Forgive me for a dumb question but, 'what is a 'character name'? Just a made up identity/name?
Thanks
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure what the laservoice is . I use the unified messaging. Try this link. http://voicemail.k7.net/signup/

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
claudehauper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks !
Shyguy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

claudehauper wrote:
Hi Harvestmoon,

Forgive me for a dumb question but, 'what is a 'character name'? Just a made up identity/name?
Thanks

Yes thats it

".We here in the United States are really having a hard time here because of this case"

"I still do not understand what you said went wrong while trying to make payment"

"your reservation payment does cover up everything."

Absit invidia
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Claude, welcome to Eater.

If you've now satisfied yourself that is is a scammer, can you please post his e-mail address. Baiting him for a paltry order of only 50 bananas might be fun.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My company makes and sells parabolic reflector antennas, I got a suspected scam the other day, some greek guy wanting a 2.4m reflector. I politely asked him for some proper contact information but he vanished.

The usual giveaway is a different reply address to the original address. And when you ask them what focal length of reflector they want, they don't know. lol

claudehauper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pulled info

Last edited by claudehauper on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's probably a cheque scam. He will place an order and send a wonky cheque. It will be way above the value of the order and shipping. He will ask you to send the excess back. Once the cheque goes bad, he already has the cash.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's my thinking too.

BTW, you can really have a hell of a lot of fun with check lads. If you're clever you can string them along to where you don't reach the WU stage until 45, or even 60 days into the bait. At that point they're on the hook and they don't want to let go, even they realize that there's no payday coming.

That's when you get emails from the "President of the FBI" or the "Canadian Sheriff" or some court in China demanding that you appear on Tuesday morning so that they can fine you $100,000 and sentence you to 30 years.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
El Sid
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm an amatuer baiter but in my limited experiance I find if you just ignore their request for a phone number in the first instance, then dangle a few others carrots they tend to forget it relatively quickly.

So far, I've found the same really goes for any other requests. I've been baiting the same one for about a month now and no number, no address, no passport, no return signed documents heh heh.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen straight baiters say they are deaf or hearing impaired, so it takes a special phone to reach them (one that converts the talk to text), so e-mail or YIM are the only ways to reach them...

I think the most probable reason they ask is to show you bought into this enough that you are willing to give up personal information.

In romance baiting - most of the people so far have called once or twice to ensure I'm a female and don't call again...then again I have ones that decide it's acceptable (even though I've told them it's NOT) to call any time they feel like it ("You're my girl, I should be able to reach you whenever")...

I have lost a bait since I could not call HIM - my phone doesn't call over sea's long distance and I was not about to buy a 50$ phone card just to talk with him. I told him keeping a 50$ a month plan for a phone I did not want was enough, it was only fair that he spend 50$ a month calling me. But he also wanted a cam, which I don't have, and have no intention of getting.

I turn off my phone now unless a lad IM's me that he's going to call...they all sound too much the same with their accents so I don't want to mess up when I ask "who is this" and they answer "your husband"...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Bombast
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They probably also find it easier to fast-talk their victims over the phone.

In e-mails, you can analyze everything that's said and carefully formulate your responses, but you have to think faster on the phone.

"How i wish i can get out of here today and get is head off."- Name withheld due to currently ongoing bait (Started by Becky; I just scored an easy death threat through a minor assist. Still, I'm proud of it)
Please note, I am a total newbie at this. Feel free to slap me down if I say something dumb.
Pith Helmet- Still ongoing. Thanks, Becky and Corona, for letting me in on the fun!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic