SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Think I've under-estimated the lad's intelligence.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wilburwright
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried my first bating two days ago and have not had a reply. I have since realised his English seemed very good, so I think he saw through me. Here is my reply to his offer...

Dear Sir,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Wilbur. Many years ago my brother and I started a bicycle company. It grew and prospered and then spread in other directions where we saw market opportunities. My brother and I have now passed and devote our ethereal lives to assisting worthy charities. Your proposal interests us as it may allow us to further increase the assistance we can give to help those in the world around us.

I have heard that there are unscrupulous people who use the internet to swindle and so am naturally cautious, though your story has the ring of truth to it, and not being in an African country where these activities, I am told, originate adds further to my belief that yours is indeed a genuine offer.

You will pardon me testing you, but I hope you understand this is necessary to ease my mind. Could you please send me a copy of some official document that authenticates that you are who you say you are. Perhaps a passport copy or something similar?

On another matter, you say we would share the money "on a mutually agreed percentage". Can you give me an idea of what this percentage would be. My brother and I feel 50% each would be fair. That amount, (US $M1.75), could be used to benefit needy charity, and right here in Page, Arizona there is such a cause we have had on our list of worthy organisations for some time. The Grand Canyon Restoration Society urgently needs more funds to continue their magnificent work.

I look forward with excitement to your reply and hope that together we can assist both you and the Society I mentioned.

With kind regards, Wilbur Wright.

Any advise from those with baiting experience could help my future efforts.

Please am on my knees begging you with the tears on my eyes to send me this money...
- Rose Omar
You are a joker, you claimed that you were coming i waited for you at the airport still i didnt not see you. Stop playing games is not good
-Mr Hamburg
First your coming down here will be fine and i asure you that you will love staying in our country though we are hving a political crisis
-Mr Kouakou
you are nothing but an internet prostitute
-Oliver Wambo
do not give online access stuff are you trying to play games with us? because you are making our office manager go angry with you
-Albert Moore
Closed lad accounts * 12
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ww & welcome to eater

You've put far to much effort into the initial reply. Most lads don't even bother reading them, a simple "I am interested" or "Tell me more" will usually surfice.

And if he has read it, then you're being a bit pushy asking for documents straight away. If the lad is a small time operator, then he may well not have any documents available to back up the scam, so he will drop you and work on someone a bit more compliant.

The secret is to start of interested in the deal and then slowly introduce your questions and concerns. I always find that a good leveraging tools is to ask questions after he has asked you for money, then you can reply along the lines of "I've sent your money, but before I send you the payment details could you just answer this..."

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
wilburwright
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks B8er, that makes sense. I'll get the hang of it soon!

Please am on my knees begging you with the tears on my eyes to send me this money...
- Rose Omar
You are a joker, you claimed that you were coming i waited for you at the airport still i didnt not see you. Stop playing games is not good
-Mr Hamburg
First your coming down here will be fine and i asure you that you will love staying in our country though we are hving a political crisis
-Mr Kouakou
-Oliver Wambo
do not give online access stuff are you trying to play games with us? because you are making our office manager go angry with you
-Albert Moore
Closed lad accounts * 12
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could also try replying with an ASEM and going from there?

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My advice would be
1. Pick a few different formats from the Surplus forum
2. A short "I'm interested, tell me more" note and see which lads bite.
3. If you are still struggling ask for a mentor

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
wilburwright
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks MM will do.

- Rose Omar
-Mr Hamburg
-Mr Kouakou
-Oliver Wambo
-Albert Moore
Closed lad accounts * 12
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Agree with all of the above. Keep in mind, often they don't even read your first response. We've learned that it usually doesn't even matter what you say in the first response - they are going to send you their second format no matter what you say. They have a script to follow, and the initial challenge is getting them off script at all. That usually doesn't happen for at least a few emails. Hell, you could send them a first response that says "I enjoy blowing bubbles in Kilimanjaro at sunset" and you'll still get their second script saying "Thank you for your message and the content was well understood..." etc. etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the idea is to waste THEIR time, not yours! If you are spending more time in your responses then they are in their emails to you, you're missing the point.

I also think you hit on another point...they don't want super-smart vics. They want Ma & Pa Kettle who will fall for their rediculous schemes. I have far more success baiting as a dotty old lady living by herself than as a brilliant businessman looking for investment opportunities.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that's probably because you play the dotty old lady role so much better than the businessman Laughing i'm assuming a lot of practice in your day to day activities?

j/k Wink

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
wilburwright
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad I asked now... getting lots of insights to help future bating activities.

- Rose Omar
-Mr Hamburg
-Mr Kouakou
-Oliver Wambo
-Albert Moore
Closed lad accounts * 12
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JumpinJayJay wrote:
that's probably because you play the dotty old lady role so much better than the businessman Laughing i'm assuming a lot of practice in your day to day activities?

j/k Wink

HA! Laughing In real life I'm far closer to the businessman than the dotty old lady (well, other than the gender part). Wink I'm practicing my dotty old lady role because I'm sure I'll get there in the future!

@Wilburwright, this whole site is a wealth of information for successful baiting, much of which you can find in the stickies in the Help & Tips forum. The stickies are your best friend!

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic