SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone received this one?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't quite sure where to post this. I got this a few days ago on an addy which I had used only once for a bait.
Quote:
>
to
dateSun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM
subject
mailed-bymailworks.org

Dear Friends,

I am writing to you to warn you about him and his death threat or any other scam email to you.

The scammer you are dealing with, as well as who's impersonating all characters on his side and all places eventually mentioned are completely bogus. I don't know his real name and there are chances that I will never know it.

I am part of a group of concerned citizens who fight internet fraud. Out time spent to warn victims is all voluntary.

This criminal is using a variation of a fraud commonly referred to as "419" scam, but this time preying upon people by making them fear for their lives. All he is interested in is stealing your money through false pretenses. It can be quite un-nerving to receive one of these death threat letters, I know, I get them occasionally and they never cease to give me a small chill. Rest assured that these letters are ‘spammed out’ to any email address they can buy from someone who collects them. (Often via the chain letter you get from a friend asking you to sign and forward on) You were not personally targeted. Your life is not in any danger from this scammer as he is most likely in Nigeria or some other country, far from you.

We ask that you please do the following in response to this warning:

1. Please do not inform the scammer of this communication. By making
the scammers aware of our informants you could be placing their lives
in grave danger. These good people put their lives at risk by
infiltrating criminal gangs or hanging out in the Internet Cafes
populated by these scammers in order to uncover and forward this
information to us so that we can warn possible victims. How the
information is obtained, I don't know. We have a very simple policy,
"We don't ask, and they don't tell". I will do nothing to put their
lives in greater danger. We do pass important information on to relevant law authorities, so please don’t expose our under cover work.

2. Please stop all communication with the scammer immediately. Do not
try to retaliate against the scammer, because he may have all your personal information, if you sent him any and doing so would alert him to the existence of our informants.

3. Please respond to this email when you can, so that we know you have
received this warning.

I understand if you are suspicious of me as I am not known to you. I
urge you to check these websites for more information:

Or do a search on Google for "419 scam"

4. If you are part of the baiting community and you know this transaction to be false, we will not interfere. Let us know if there is any information we can provide. However, please make sure that at NO time do you tell him that you received this warning.

If you are "baiting" or deliberately wasting the scammer's time, please let me know. If you are just trying to waste the scammer's time, fine, do so safely and without giving them any information that could prove useful, personal, or traceable. Definitely do not bait from an account that reveals your IP address or any personal information, even your real name. Get yourself a free gmail or fastmail account to work from. We don't want to spoil your fun if you are baiting.

But if you are baiting, please admit it when you are warned so we can stop wasting time worrying that you may be about to lose money to the scammer. We could better use our valuable time in warning victims who are in danger of losing money, instead of wasting it trying to warn someone who will not listen or who doesn't need to be warned in the first place. We have plenty of real victims who need to be warned to keep us busy.

5. Please respond to this email when you can, so that we know you have received this warning.

Ciao

--
Indy Warner

Any ideas?

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen this one somewhere else... I believe in the help and tips forum titled something like "Scammer or Real Concerned Citizens Group?"

There it was decided that this is indeed a real warner, though not using a very well written letter...

EDIT: This was the topic I meant: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162109&highlight=warner

bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Master of Puppets. I missed this thread.
Sorry mods for this double post Embarassed (please delete)

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic