SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How long have you been scambaiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
noob8r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering how long you've been baitin'!

I'm very very very new to this whole thing...
I didn't even know scambaiting existed until like four days ago...already have a couple lads I'm working on.
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've known it for a few years but was quite hesitant to start doing it myself at first... Why? Safety-issues. I was just 16 when I started reading a few of the baits on the homepage (somehow missed the forum back then), so I didn't think it a safe sport and thought I'd have to do it without the help of a community.
Two months back I discovered the forums and tried to register, that didn't really work though, so I kept trying and succeeded one month and two days ago. Have been baiting since.

ETA: Welcome to this wonderful place that makes any free time you have spontaneously disappear, as I've personally experienced...

drbo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Been baiting for a few years now but only recently discovered this site and had no idea there was a community of like minded people.

As the previous poster said... get ready to lose a lot of your spare time...

This is very addictive... the crack cocaine of the internet.. except it is for a good cause.

Click here to support 419Eater.com

I have taken $297,636.58 worth of useless checks off the streets.
noob8r
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
I've known it for a few years but was quite hesitant to start doing it myself at first... Why? Safety-issues. I was just 16 when I started reading a few of the baits on the homepage (somehow missed the forum back then), so I didn't think it a safe sport and thought I'd have to do it without the help of a community.
Two months back I discovered the forums and tried to register, that didn't really work though, so I kept trying and succeeded one month and two days ago. Have been baiting since.

ETA: Welcome to this wonderful place that makes any free time you have spontaneously disappear, as I've personally experienced...

HAHA
Yes, I've spent quite a bit of time on this site and others like it, setting up my little 'operation'. It's really not a good time for me to be doing this either, consdering i'm in the midst of exam season at university...
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes.. well remember: baiting first, RL later! errrr... RL first of course

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Following a link from the computer maganize c't, I found this site in August 06. Until then, I thought reading stories of people trying to find degree confluence points with GPS thingies was the most fascinating sport on the internet Embarassed Reading all Shiver´s baits and most of the others in the Letters Archive sweetened that autumn for me, but I haven´t started seriously until June 07. Mainly because I didn´t get a mentor. So, get a mentor Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many years ago on another non related forum someone had posted a link to here and if you wanted a good laugh to read Shivers letters. Instantly saved the site to my favs and whenever i needed a bit of cheering up i'd read one of his escapades Laughing Always wanted to be a Baiter probably from the first few times i visited and not be someone who just stood back. Sadly as many will know my IT skills are woeful and this brought up concerns of how effective i would be. So i just kept reading the Stickies etc and am having great fun now and the odd panic attack when some IT issue crops up.. Thanks to advice from people on this site i can usually resolve it and move on.. As MoP has said RL does kinda get thrown out of the window but i have started to prioritize my RL with baiting.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[CLUNK CLICK ]</a>
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did some totally amateur and untrained baits in 2004, and then a friend put me on to Scamorama and I began learning from experienced baiters.

Just three years ago I followed a link from Scamorama, found the Eater, and marvelling at the talent herein, signed up at once.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Lobo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I discovered Eater in '06 thanks to a friend. I had complained to her about all these "crap" e-mails I kept getting(at the time I had never heard of scambaiting). She pointed me here and suggested I post one or two in surplus. I lurked for close to a year before taking the plunge. Haven't had any free time since. Smile Frumpy's advice is sound. Get a mentor, I would have been lost without all the great help from mine.

DONT FULK WITH US PAUL !! Agent Monday Snipper
FORK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Moses Modese

"write to me and tell to me more about myself" KristinaLove
"i might be shit to another time which might be in 3weeks or 1month" Raymond Miller mass bait
"you will be pilled to death" Adamu Ibrahim
"why is western union hard this time please?" Mr. Morgan

JOIN THE PACK!
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

started back a few years ago, i`ve stopped now. i did start up again. but stopped. i`ve been real busy at work.

i still look in on the forums a few tims a week.

best bait was 8 or so months. no real / decent trophies though.

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Someone tried to scam me when I was a single mother - I pointed out the us postal money order site, the scam they had listed almost word for word...that pissed me off he was trying to take advantage of a broke single mom...

Fall of last year my 17 year old son turned me onto shiver & companies bait/trophy reading...and I was facinated

At first I thought I'd just read, but I couldn't help it and started baiting myself, that was around November...

Been having fun since Twisted Evil

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been doing this on and off for over five years. I had heard about 419 emails in 2001 but it wasn't until two years later that I got one. I was mad as hell learning about 419 and even madder that they contacted me.

I wanted then to write back and string them along, but didn't out of concerns for my safety. When I stumbled upon Scamorama in 2003 then I learned I wasn't alone in wanting to bait them. After two months of reading baits and Alex Kerensky's message board, I decided to take the plunge.

I keep doing this, I think, for the entertainment. I also like to collect fake checks and money orders.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
TheLovelyJill
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alerted to the baiting community and potential comedy potential through TMF - http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=10966697&sort=whole

Seriously baiting since Jan 09 when my family advised me to come home from work in the evening and not carry on working...

Now I'm obsessed with two things...

Your father was a coward and your mother a fagot - Barr G0ldsmith
You be jail soon let wait and see........ P0ntus
I no longer want to involve you in this transaction since I am beginning to see your cunny part.
i wasn't fucking gay until i married you - MM

- Trafalgar Square 2013
Golden Pith - Hector co-bait
Safari - Mr Ayo - Lagos-Porto-Novo (probably x3) "You lier. I will not for-give Because you waste my money. you lier."
Closed lad accounts x 236 Mortar Easter Egg 2011
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4 or 5 years for me.

I first joined Eater back around Xmas 2004 under a different name but went dormant for a year or so and returned with the date below my avatar.

All that exists of my previous brilliance is one post with my old username from May 2005 marked "Guest".

Incidentally, the one old post I can find has me advocating cash-baiting (it had just been banned). Oh, how young and naive I was back then (still incredibly talented though).

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not long enough, I now realise I've wasted all of my adult life

I first came across this site in July of last year from a link on a football message board and I was stripped and ready for action within days so far I've amassed a paper fortune of over $300 million and with my share of [creep mode]Yastrebs[/creep mode] $250 billion I may well retire Wink

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

been baiting a few years now, I mostly go with straight baits hence i dont post many of them as seen one seem em all kinda thing.

What i do for the past couple of years is build ever more frustrating websites for lads to sit there waiting... and the occassional tool that drives them mad as well.

After a while everyone kinda drifts into there own speciality, and its brilliant when you see it all put together and someone posts a trophy.

When i joined a trophy was a pic or a driving licence, but since then members have really outdone themselves, and trophies such as x-wing fighters.

I wouldnt be surprised if baiting has opened a brand new industry of wood carvers lol.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
e6ffdyr0
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW, I have come here due to an article in the very same magazine that brought us FrumpyBB Very Happy Perhaps we should grant the Heise publisher one year PREMIUM membership as a small "thank you" Wink But must have been another issue as my postings go back to 2005. I had three very active and funny years of baiting then Cool I have (more or less) retired since 2008. Now I enjoy all the spare time and the status of an old daffy gramps playing the wise old man giving advise to others Cool

i DEY SHIT ON UR PAPA AND UR MAMA HEAD. iNSHORT I GO ASK RAT TO SHIT INSIDE THERE MOUTHS IF U KNOW DEY CAREFUL. AND U GO ROAT IN HELL FIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMI;LY. (tunde aramide)

11x Cellphone
Pith Helmet Tamale -> Accra (4hm3d R4y4n K4d1r1)
Pith Helmet Hamburg -> Hannover (B4rry M3ns4)
J0shua Al4mu Th0mas & K3lvin Oz1ri (both courtesy of Prudential Ltd.)
Exclamation For reasons only known to myself, I have discontinued all my funbaiting efforts. Exclamation
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

2 years in 4 days time Very Happy

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Hello. My name is SlapHappy. I am an addicted Eater trophy whore. I have not stopped laughing for the last three years...." Laughing

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since about a month before I joined Eater (not counting years of telling scammers to leave me alone*).

*Note, this has not been seen to be effective. Evil or Very Mad

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
bruckner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

couple of months in earnest. Dabbled every once in a while before that, never seemed to get anywhere (might have been a lack of effort, too).

Mentoring here rocks. I've learned the easy way how to straight bait, while at the same time running 5 or 6 other lads as 'experiments' outside of the mentoring thing. I guess I just became one of those guy's Oga, even after killing two of his bank accounts and chopping his dolla.

safe, stickies, mentor. Three words all newbies should heed. I'm glad I did all three Smile Oh, and people here are actually really receptive to dumb sounding questions. I know I've asked a number of em. Premium membership is an absolute bargain, and helps in a small way to help keep the wheels on. Idea

Closed lad accounts x5
Vote for Dickboi
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a few days off my first Eaterversary.

My specialtys are religious and trophy (banners) baiting.

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
Karl_Ranseier
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm baiting since Feb 2006.

There was a news article on a website about a victim of a 419 scam.
In a comment, someone else posted a link to eater.

I read the letters and I did need only 3 days to stop laughing.

I thought, it would be a good idea to start scambaiting myself. Some kind of saying "Thank You" to eater for all this fun I had reading the stories.

rowIand 0bimdike: YOU MUST BE CRAZY AND MAD. GO TO HELL SON OF A BITCH LIKE YOU. DON'T EVER WRITE ME AGAIN. YOU THINK YOU CAN JOKE WITH ME. EVEN I DID NOT GO TO THE HOTEL. I JUST WROTE TO YOU THAT I WENT BUT I DIDN'T. I AM ON MY HOME. SO GO AND PICH UP YOUR ROUTHLESS MOTHER AT THE AIRPORT.
So you where not really at the hotel? Easter Egg 2013
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting for years - predating the start of eater.

My first 419 bait started from a fax sent to my dad's company in the early 80s when I was a teenager. He showed it to me as a ridiculous scam, and didn't realize I started postal correspondence with the scammer (I had a number of international pen pals at the time). Ummm, I did use my real name but I claimed I was a rodeo cowboy and rock star, etc. etc. Fortunately I lived in the middle of nowhere so I never had any scammers visit me, and I quit replying out of boredom after a few exchanges.

In college I got into the habit of baiting MLM scamsters - unfortunately again using my real details. I worked in a few mall-based retailers during this time, and these guys would cruise around, acting like customers, appearing "impressed" with my customer service and asking if I ever wanted to get into business for myself. It became very easy to spot these guys but I discontinued this activity when I started receiving threatening phone calls!

then a little later I rediscovered the 419ers, and some early chatter about baiting them in the usenet group news.admin.net-abuse.email where I was an obsessed lurker (at that time my interests were more about the technical aspects of anti-spam operations). I'm pretty sure there were a few pre-eater discussion sites (eg Alexander Kerensky's board on b2g4), all now defunct or useless as far as I know.... made my way here and they've never managed to shake me loose.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not baited long enough. Wink

Actually, never knew anything about it until I found eater. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic