SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A friendly lad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drbo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the oddest email relationship with a lad going on right now.

He sent me the standard check scam stuff but within a couple of emails he went off script.

We now correspond daily like we are pen pals. He emailed me today just to ask how my Easter is and when I asked him the normal stuff that a friend would ask, He answered like a friend.

He is supposed to be sending me a check but keeps delaying it.

For about the last 15 or so emails there has been no mention of the check or any other request for money.

He writes pretty decent English so I started to suspect he was a badger or an american scammer or something but when I checked his IP it went back to Lagos Nigeria.

Anyone else in contact with ?

Click here to support 419Eater.com

I have taken $297,636.58 worth of useless checks off the streets.
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt he is a badger. I am concerned you are starting to feel slightly less hostile towards this person. He is clearly very good at what he does, as that's how he builds trust. Takes an interest in everything. I bait like that. I tell them everything about my fictional life, so he will believe I am someone I'm not.

Scammer.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had one like that. He went off script very quickly, and turned into a very chatty penpal. His English wasn't brilliant, but his mails were indeed like normal penfriend letters; he commented on everything my character said, asked questions about her life, compared diets, work ethics, politics, attitudes to many things in his country and hers.

I didn't get it. I kept waiting for his sudden emergency and need that never came.

After 3 months however, I suddenly got a mail from him and a mail from one of my Refugees within one minute, same IP address. Two weeks later, that happened again.

That 'Refugee' was very good. The Refugee character and the related Reverend character were very fleshed-out and with totally differenct writing styles (and same IP address). I realised that this Lad was also my 'Chatty Penpal', presumably checking up that my character was for real, and consistent.

Luckily, I'm always consistent with my characters, and their lives unfold identically to each Lad. So the Lad was presumably reassured.

Naturally, of course, when the Refugee finally had quite enough of my character's incompetencies (it's the Financially Thwarted Refugee in my sig.), the Chatty Penpal disappeared at exactly the same time.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic