SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mike Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok this isn't really the first scam email ive received. I work in the IT industry and see and deal with alot of these for customers (reporting or explaining them).

After finding your site a few days ago, and having a GREAT laugh at some of the scambaits I decided to try this for pure fun and to make them squirm a little. So last night I signed up on 3 guestbooks, and this morning have received my first scam letter since doing so.

He speaks quiet good english, and was impressed with the email's quality. I had to laugh when he provided a link of the plane crash where his "client" died. As well as when he mentions that only he and his boss know about this 8 million dollar deal and need to keep it hush hush (guess that means I can't call the bank he works for to confirm this)

My initial plan is to let him do the work and just go along with it, however any tips or suggestion's as to better ideas let me know would love to chat. What's this mentor program deal I saw mentioned ?
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Mike Hunt.

To request a mentor simply ask for one on this thread: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306&start=525&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

In the Surplus Scamletters section you'll find enough daily food Laughing

Have fun and bait safe!

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I take it your 'baiting safe'?

Then just go along with his script, but let him explain anything and everything that comes along... Don't go along any further until everything is satisfactorily explained (which takes 5-6 e-mails at least for each step of the script Wink) Also just do 1 e-mail a day (or maybe 2 if you've got loads of time to kill)...

Then at a certain point stop mailing him for 2-3 days which will have him F5'ing his inbox non-stop... And then think of some excuse and pick up where you left of...

Also: Never send him anything that can be recycled Wink

Mike Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know im still reading this stuff, I can't get enough of it. I can't believe these guys are desperate enough to go threw incredible lengths to get the money.

Also proves these guys are complete morons. I just use to think they were bad with english little did I know lol.

By baiting safe you mean ? I did set up an email that is strictly for scambaiting, and has nothing to do with my actual identity. I know better than to provide any actual info ect. Anything else ?
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope.. Using common sense covers pretty much all the aspects of safe baiting. If you're claiming to be in another country than you actually are you might want to get yourself a gmail-addy or such (not yahoo) that strips your e-mail...

You don't have to worry about them identifying you by your IP (my IP-location is off by half a country or something). But if your lad knows what to do with an IP he might discover that you are actually in, say, England while you're pretending to be somewhere in America...

Other than that: don't commence in cashbaiting/hacking/spreading viruses or involving Innocent Third Parties (ITP's) and you can't really do anything wrong anymore

Mike Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you mean common sense is a must. I do need to ask what you mean by cashbaiting ? Like trying to get them to send you money first like a "handling fee" or something.
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Like trying to get them to send you money first like a "handling fee" or something.

Exactly Cool

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed, that exactly what I meant. And as the forumrules (clearly) state that, or any discussion on how to accomplish it, isn't allowed here... Us explaining you what the term means is ok though...

Mike Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You saying that you cannot explain how it is done makes it sound as if people do that but just don't talk about it Razz

It's pretty shady and in no means am I doing this for profit, I'm purely here for the laugh.
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well.. Getting the lad to send you money isn't allowed by law... You'd be lowering yourself to their level and probably be personally punishable. If we'd be discussing methods for doing it on eater, eater could get in trouble too.

Shiver's done it before (in one of the baits on the eater-homepage, Church of The Painted Breast if I'm right..) to prove it could be done (as said in one of the posts about rules/ethics). It's possible that some members do it, but that would be their problem... Cashbaiting is shady indeed.

Anyway... Sign up for a mentor, read some of the stickies and get baiting Wink Until you're appointed a mentor you can just ask any question's in the help/tips/hints forum.

bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You saying that you cannot explain how it is done makes it sound as if people do that but just don't talk about it

Some baitersites approve cashbaiting. Of course everyone is free to do what they want but on this forum the mods are clear about it. In fact cashbaiting is exactly the same as the practics of the lads (fraud) Wink

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IT ? You may not have what it takes Laughing

There's little logic in this, and a vivid and weird imagination helps.

Introduce him to your family, in fact if you can imitate the early stages of Alzheimers even better (I'm close) but Irish antecedents and the ability to blarney like a pro is good.

Start off with short responses, maybe just sewng the odd seed which you can expand on later. Like you're a breeder of thoroughbred racing manatees. Very Happy

Send him pictures (off the web - some daytime soap is good as you'll have plenty you can use to bore him rigid) your children, your dog, your hunting lodge, dead animals you killed, your wife, your Mom, your holiday in the Brazilian rainforest and insist he sends cards to your fake relatives on their birthdays.

Send him some Cajun music clips to him to listen to and learn. Then get him to sing them back to you after you've set up k7.

It's like snake charming - except this snake can't bite.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Mike Hunt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No doubt I can see how it is just as bad as what they are doing. Thank you for the reply's and i can't wait to share my scambait when its done. I don't intend to take this first one on for a real long time.

Just enough to give his hopes up and throw it back in his face mostly. Would like to make him do some work first tho. Making calls, going to check on things ect. anything like that would be enjoyable to me lol.

@gomer pyle (awesome name haha)
Good post, and funny ideas....I do have a very creative and morbid sense of humor. I think i can do very well at this as I'm not new to pulling pranks, making up false life story's ect. Should be interesting to see what I can come up with.

I emailed back the first scammer today a Mr. Peter Andrews lol...I sent my prayers to his "client whom died in a plane crash" told him I was interested in his business proposal and I kept it nice and short.
CadaverDog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, my first post here. You guys are awesome! I don't know if I have enough free time to scambait much, but I'd like to give it a shot. I'm working on my baiter persona and backstory now.

Anyway, my question is when you set up your baiting gmail account (or any other service) when you register do you use your real name when you sign up for the fake mailbox, or your baiter name? If you use a fake name to register what do the email services think about that? This seems like the first step to me and I want to make sure I get it right. Cheers!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic