SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My work email address leaked to lads

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nigerian Nightmare
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Man I dont know how it happened, but after applying for a loan online I all of the sudden get about 15 scam emails a day. Some at the exact same time from different lads. Very strange. I get even more here than I do in my catcher account. They come to my blackberry too and its driving me nuts. Anything I can do? I doubt it but I figured Id ask.
frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if you forward all your mails to a (new ?) gmail account, and recieve the mails from there to your mobile, then you could set a filter with gmail for "Loan", and other relevant keywords to be deleted or send to spam, and gmails- spanfilter will also accure,
or a filter that will only send you mails that does not include the words ... ..,
and set up in accounts "Send mail as:" your original-adress,

this could be a solution.
or your mail-provider offers also filtering.

Last edited by frank.lester on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a genuine loan provider, I take it? Not a scammer who might have passed your email address on to other lads?

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I agree, are you sure you didn't apply with a fishy loan company? Do you have the link to the company you applied with?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ come on guys give me some credit!!! haha no it was legit, got the money already etc. got bombarded with other spam but could at least unsubscribe. the IT guy here showed me the spam log and im at the top now LOL.
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes if you do the unsubscribe, it'll put you on a list for more spam...

I had to give up a work e-mail I had for about 10 years (and was printed on everything) due to too much spam accumulating - it just kept snowballing...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be that the lads got hold of a sold or hacked loan applicant list...Some of the (slightly) more advanced lads do get targeted lists for specific scams, and I'm sure not all of them are legally obtained.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did it have the SSL? (HTTPS) I didn't know about that at first, now I am a stickler for it for any forms.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have talked to loan scam victims who were contacted by scammers after applying for a legitimate online loan. It seems that the companies sell/make available that information to others and the scammers get it and use it to target people. It's one of the ways that victims have been sucked into the scams. They think that it's a legit loan offer because the scammer has their info sometimes and knows they applied for a loan. Check with the company you applied with and find out if your information is disclosed to others.

As others have said, the best thing is to just filter them to trash. You can also post them here in the surplus forum for others to bait. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I am thinking too simple but can't you just get a new work addy? The blackberry thing seems like a real pain.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Mister X
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

an solution = to ask the IT people at work to change you emailadress
a little bit.. eg. add a "dot" and the spam is stoped..

still a good learn for next time not to use work mailadress for private things

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Depending on where you're based, you may have an almighty case on your hands for Data Protection laws. If you're in the UK (or actually most places in the EU) you should kick up a massive fuss, get the Data Protection Registrar involved, etc. Once your address is out there, you'll never stop the spam, but you'll make life very miserable for whoever sold your email address in the first place.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic