SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mask tag

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Larson
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How does the 'mask' tag work? Does it stop G00gle?

listen i don't beg you money if you don't interested through this transaction please kindly remove your hand and stop contact me - Razak Konan, Malaysia
OK BYE AND NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN FUCK YOUR MUMMY BOTTOM , MUST THIS NIGHT MARK IT SOME WHERE, OK. - Simon Legree / Christopher Moore, Nigeria
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just some secret code designed by this guy:

[edit] And yes it stops Google. It doesn't stop Lotta. Nothing stops Lotta.

Fight My Brute

Last edited by wokabo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Larson : Yep. BTW: there's no need to l33t 'google'. When I Google 'google' I get:
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,620,000,000 for google.

Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please use the Mask tag sparingly. Many of our forums are behind the log-in so Google will usually not pick it up. When you do use it, only mask the most unique words. Masking an entire introductory email from Prof. Soludo, for example, is pointless as there are millions of those.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wokabo wrote:
this guy:

Oooh, I like the Z! Can I lift it?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wear gloves if you do!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[CLUNK CLICK ]</a>
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dutch wrote:
@Larson : Yep. BTW: there's no need to l33t 'google'. When I Google 'google' I get...

I heard that breaks the internet.

Now, is it better to mask a whole post instead of a few seperate words?
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, that's useless, just mask a lad's name or an email addy you don't want to be found by search engines. It consumes a lot of unnecessary database space as I learned, that's why we're asked to use it economically.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what would happen if the entire post was masked. Looks funny don't it? Well that didn't work well did it? It just turned green...

edit-text unmasked to save server space. As you see from following posts, it makes a lot of stuff ya don't really want clogging things up. The text will turn green when masked, however. Please do not just "check it out" and turn your text green for fun. L33ting is better!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Last edited by Badgerbait on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
General419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The reason why we don't mask entire posts is because it takes up server resources. If you look at the source code for badgerbait's post, it says:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(decode64('VGhpcyBpcyB3aGF0IHdvdWxkIGhhcHBlbiBpZiB0aGUgZW50a
XJlIHBvc3Qgd2FzIG1hc2tlZC4gTG9va3MgZnVubnkgZG9uJ3QgaXQ/'))</script></span> Well that didn't work well did it? It just turned green...

As you can see, the first part of his post doesn't take much more room than the original, if any. Anyhow, regardless of this, database space is never really an issue - storage space is cheap. The masked bits are encoded in base64, and the server has to decode it every time somebody loads the page. If a whole post was coded and lots of people tried to view it, it would take an incredible amount of server resources. Its safe from Google as obviously, "VGhpcyBpcyB3aGF0IHdvdWxkIGhhcHBlbiBpZiB0aGUgZW50aXJlIHBvc3Q
gd2FzIG1hc2tlZC4gTG9va3MgZnVubnkgZG9uJ3QgaXQ/" means nothing to Google.

[end geeky rant]

Mod edit - edited to break long lines of text to prevent blowout - SP

George - "please stop calling me okay thanks."
Cliford - "YARRRRRRRRRRRR YOUR TIME IS UP SO YOU WILL BE KIDNAP ANY TIME FROM NOW"
Mark - "I would lactate because I broke the law"
Charles - "your church will luquidate and you shall move from grace to grass..you foolish old ass-hole called revererend...bastard."
Cliford - "and even the police or fbi can not get me i work with them so if you fill you they will help you haa haa haa haa"

Get a shiny ORANGE name! Try clicking here!

Last edited by General419 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for a nice clear visual explanation of the mask feature, lareneg! As a complete computer 'tard, I needed that. Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@lareneg: that explanation makes perfect sense to me too, I didn't know it was the encoding-decoding taking up system resources.

Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes thanks lareneg, thats the first bit of computer IT gobbledigook i have EVER understood.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't understand it. I just know Mask runs the batteries down, so we must use it sparingly.

Leet ONE letter in a name, that's enough to stop the Googlebots. Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
General419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I didn't understand it. I just know Mask runs the batteries down, so we must use it sparingly.

Leet ONE letter in a name, that's enough to stop the Googlebots. Smile

A quick analogy to help you understand: Imagine if somebody 1337ed one word in a whole page of text for you. Not too bad to decode it - you'd be able to read the passage out loud. What if somebody 1337ed the whole page of text for you? You'd struggle to read that straight off the page. That's essentially what the server has to do if somebody masks a whole post.

It is my understanding the arguement is that it can be hard for some people to read 1337ified text, especially if they use screen readers. If people only mask the few words that are necessary, there should be no noticeable effect on the system resources. Its only if lots of people started masking whole posts that it would start making the server groan. Wink

Cliford - "YARRRRRRRRRRRR YOUR TIME IS UP SO YOU WILL BE KIDNAP ANY TIME FROM NOW"
Charles - "your church will luquidate and you shall move from grace to grass..you foolish old ass-hole called revererend...bastard."
Cliford - "and even the police or fbi can not get me i work with them so if you fill you they will help you haa haa haa haa"

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am against leeting in almost all circumstances. I hate it and will avoid reading it, if I can. The need to change every vowel to something else gives me a headache.

I don't mind Roy's example, if needed. Sus@n for Susan. But then I have to ask, why not just change Susan's name to Dora? Wink

I just was happy someone explained something technical (how the mask feature works) in a way I understood it. And that so rarely happens for me! Laughing

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
General419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
I just was happy someone explained something technical (how the mask feature works) in a way I understood it. And that so rarely happens for me! Laughing

If you want anything else explained just PM me - I'd be happy to be of help. That goes for anybody Smile

Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:

I just was happy someone explained something technical in a way I understood it. And that so rarely happens for me! Laughing

Spot on Dora..Ditto here

lareneg have you thought about writing a book ever cos i'd be at the front of the q

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic