SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need some help, got a lad on the hook

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
durden
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello forum,

I heard about you on This American Life, I laughed my ass off listening to that episode. Anyway, I thought it sounded like a lot of fun to trick this guys. So I finally have an opportunity to do it. One of them hacked into my friends account and sent everyone in her address book an email requesting funds to help her out of a jam. I could use a little advice to ruin this guys week... Or more. Twisted Evil

So I've moved all correspondence over to my "other" email account and have been emailing with him a bit. But, I'm ready to really start frustrating him. What should I do?

Thanks eaters!
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Durden, Welcome to Eater! I am sure some people will be along soon to offer suggestions. The first thing is to make sure you are baiting safe and that the email you are using is not connected to your real life identity.

This site is loaded with resources to get you started.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Read the stickies:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

Visit Eater U:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

It is easier to start with straight baits. The general idea is to waste as much of the scammers time without spending to much of your own time. Ask them questions one at a time. Keep each email to one thought or question rather than multiple thoughts or questions.

If he is asking you to wire money, play dumb and ask questions for every part of the process. Than you can start with sending some forms list Deuzer's fake WU and MG forms http://www.spyrkes.info/generators/ or check out the M7CN S3cure modality.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
durden
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice, I thought you guys would have a WU gen or something. I've looked at those links already but I'll keep reading. (it's a lot of info) And thanks for the one question at a tine and play dumb thing. I will definitely use those. I read somewhere to wait a day on each response. Is that still recommended? It's hard to wait. :lol
Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I read somewhere to wait a day on each response. Is that still recommended? It's hard to wait. :lol

Hi durden, have not been baiting that long and the first couple i got i answered near enough straight away. Now i normally wait 24 hours and mull over the lads reply. I find that it gives me more time to be far more devious and think it through and be ready to counter his next probable move. Play him at whatever speed you like... Make sure you control this and bait safe

cheers sid
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
durden
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Sid
Sid Vicious
Master Baiter

Location: The medicine cabinet woofing down @ load of Paracetemols ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and WELCOME.. Smile
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Durden, I sometimes respond right away and sometimes wait a day, depends on my mood and the amount of time I have. Sometimes responding right away and having "them" answer write back instantly turns into a email "conversation" which you can get them to switch to talking in IM's if you want. You can waste a lot of their time in an IM chat session asking dumb questions.

If you are using WU or MG forms you will need to make up a fake address and make sure it is not a real address. Don't want to involve any ITP's (innocent third party). Or if you sign up for premium membership you get access to Eater dropboxes that you can use as your address.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
durden
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks. This is pretty fun.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic