SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

conficker wreaking havoc

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
k4rma
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

looks like this thing is real...http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/04/conficker_worm_strikes_militar.html?wprss=securityfix

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

conficker FAQ - http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001636.html

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-----from tuneshrinker.com------
<<Virus Warning - Conficker.pptx>>

Virus Alert

* “Conficker.C” Set to execute 1 Apr 09 at 00:00 hrs
* Is a Worm introduced via Internet, e-mail, file shares and USB Media – covers its tracks by plugging the hole that it used to get in, then writes itself into the Windows service directory to be re-started as the PC is re-started
* Once installed it attempts to download additional Malware from over 50,000 possible domains (Web sites)
* US Computer Emergency Response Team verified these exploit sites are becoming active and responding
* Many possible exploits can be downloaded; Conficker is the transport device that opens the door to other Malware
* Multiple exploits have been observed; Trojans that steal financial transaction data as well as code that responds to remote commands, creating a “Zombied” or botnet PC
---------------------
i'm calling shenanigans on this:
1. "plugs the hole it used to get in" - WTF?!?! NO.
2. "additional malware" - it won't do anything until it is told to, not when it's immediately installed.
3. "exploit sites becoming active" - SHUT THEM DOWN!!!! better yet give me a list of sites and i will return the virus to sender and melt his effin hard drive, the info has to be going somewhere.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple test to see if your machine is infected:

Quote:
Consumer tips for combatting Conficker

Quicky Conficker infection test

To quickly find out if your PC might be one of the millions infected by Conficker, try clicking to Microsoft.com. Next try Symantec.com. Now try McAfee.com. If you can get to these sites, you are not infected. But if your browser will not let you access any of these websites, as shown below, then you very likely are infected with Conficker.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This looks like a April Fool joke.

The item in the Washington post concerning Big Ben in London being stopped by a computer glitch.
No computer controls the Big Ben clock.

BTW On the 31st May this year it will be 150 years since, Big Ben was built in St Stephens Tower.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
k4rma
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

----------more b.s--------
-------fawx newz-----

"But the virus doesn't appear to be working as its designers intended. F-Secure's chief security adviser, Patrik Runald, said the virus's coding suggests a type of bug that alerts computer users to bogus infections on their machines and offers to help by selling them antivirus software."

"While the origin of the virus is a mystery, F-Secure's best guess is it came from Ukraine. Hypponen said it is coded to avoid computers there, which may indicate whoever wrote the virus was trying to avoid drawing attention from local authorities."
------------------------------
if they know that much, how come they haven't found the email where the info will be sent? shenanigans i tellz ya...maybe f-secure created the hoax to sell antivirus programs, they offer a free cleanup tool to supposedly fix conficker and anything else....

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wait wait wait....conficker supposedly "creates domains and downloads updates from them" - BULLSHIAT!!!! just because u create a domain doesn't mean there will automatically be content on that domain....i'm done debunking this hoax....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't believe all antivirus farmers are working together on a hoax, do you?
The worm has been known since last november, that's a bit early to start an April fools joke, don't you think?

Here's some info on the worm from other AV vendors:

http://avast.com/eng/win32-confi.html

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_153464.htm

http://www.avira.com/en/security_news/conficker_worm.html

http://www.avg.com/top-threats

http://www.symantec.com/index.jsp

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
k4rma
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the worm is real, i had downadup or wtfever they're calling it now a couple months ago, it was easy to remove...i'm calling the hype a hoax, the virus isn't capable of doing what they claim - i'm off to find a variant and pick it apart, i'll holla at y'all later...here's an analysis - http://mtc.sri.com/Conficker/

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ at least you cleared that up. Sounded to me like you didn't believe te existance of the worm, also because of this remark you made :

Quote:
i am offering up my services to remove the conficker hoax virus from ur computer for a low, low price of only $19.95
from this topic:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160846

The virus is real, the April 1 effects are hyped, but that's what f-secure.com has stated too.

k4rma
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that was my lame attempt at sarcasm, sorry - the worm is real, but only if u haven't applied the patch - personally i don't get any patches unless it's necessary and don't do any "dangerous" surfing on my main machine...as a precaution i did run the cleanup tools and found nothing, i usually run malwarebytes every couple of days....this worm will affect people but as usual the media sensationalized something trivial...

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ It seems that anything to do with computers going wrong gets the media in a frenzy.

Remember the Millenium Bug?
Or all the other viruses that were meant to trigger at a certain time?

www.snopes.com is one of my favourite sites when someone sends me one of these forwards about viruses.

My friends hate me Twisted Evil Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic