SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A whole year for nothing-but it could have been much worse.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We received our prepared tax return back this week and noted that our earnings for the year almost exactly equalled our retirement account losses. I am (was) nearing retirement. So, in effect the spouse and I worked the whole year for nothing. However we are still eating, paying our bills and keeping a roof over our heads.

But it could have been much worse. My son and daughter in law have friends who are locked into this downward spiral:

1. They bought a large house in the NYC area at the height of the
housing boom.
2. Then the husband lost his job.
3. Then their life's savings went down with Madoff.

I certainly hope we are near the bottom of this cycle. I have many friends who are out of work. My heart goes out to everyone, excepting the lads, who is having a rough time of it.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These are truly tough times and likely to get worse I fear.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its sadly ironic that we fight against what we percieve as the scourge of the earth, when in reality, the greediest and most corrupted thieves on earth sit alot closer to home.

Sorry to hear about this Tuco - I really hope the situation your son and his wife are in improves quickly Sad

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tuco, I am totally there with you. The market value of my retirement savings over the last year has gone down more than my annual income, plus I have a bunch of stock options that are worthless right now. I am still contributing to it in the down market so if it does start bounding upward again I stand to gain that much more. Well at least that's what I am trying to convince myself!

I have recently survived a 30% job reduction in my department, but that's no guarantee I won't get the axe later on.

Retirement seems so far away again. I was hoping to get out in 5 years but that's probably not happening now. Crying or Very sad

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic