SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Names, it is all about the names

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tonyfrank
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here are a few of the lads

Rev Pastor

Sir Micheal Collince ( sic)

Martins Collins

Williams MacAnthony

Sister Sara , who cannot hear due to illness but wants me to call

Rose Ira, an only daughter who together with her sister ???

Barrister Iberedu

Rose Martins ( They do love those plural names)

Fillipenko Egor (Come here Egor )

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the lad names...

Martins is by far the most common one I have seen (either as a first, last or both names)

Sometimes you can tell they have been baited before by the names they use.
Like who is actually named Fr4nk N. B3rry???

If I recall correctly (and I seldom do), I read here that the two first name thing is common in Nigeria or africa in general.

Also, Why are they all either Barristers, Doctors, Pastors, Princes/Princesses or professors?

Why would a Pastor be emailing me from the FBI? Confused
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drbo wrote:

If I recall correctly (and I seldom do), I read here that the two first name thing is common in Nigeria or africa in general.

Yes and no. They also don't have as much familiarity Western-style names work or easily recognize that a name is either "strictly a first name" or "strictly a family name".

They also have a terrible time recognizing strictly female names. They think everyone is a "Sir".

Quote:

Also, Why are they all either Barristers, Doctors, Pastors, Princes/Princesses or professors?

Two reasons. One, they tend to be pompous and it inflates their egos to pretend to have an "important" title. They'll even treat a job description like "Engineer" like a title, sometimes.

Two, they think it makes them appear more intelligent and trustworthy. It's way more fun when they start piling on the titles one on top of the other.

If you can't trust a Professor Barrister Reverend, who can you trust?

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About the Dr. Rev. ect. names. Yes, it's always amusing.......and so incredibly stupid on their parts! That's how far out of the loop they really are.

It's great that they do it though. When unsuspecting people get a 'you won the lottery' email from Reverend so & so, hopefully it raises a red flag. Also, to help their de-education a little bit, I never abbreviate the title when replying to them. It's always spelled out fully (sometimes in caps). Feeds their unbridled pathetic egos that much more as well as MrsBean said Smile

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Inkerman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of names are clearly the wrong way round and one of the reasons this becomes apparent when you see the 'passport' they send. Some lads don't realise that the surname is listed first.

Being an engineer is seen as almost the pinnacle of acheivement. On a par with a witch-doctor!

When playing an ATM Card scam, I always insist on my full name being on the card. Mr. Johnathon Sebastian McCorkindale-Templeton Esq.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic