SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need some help scambaiting TopQualityComp

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I made a purchase on TopQualityComp.com, and it turns out this website is a complete scam (note to those coming across this in a search: don't purchase anything from there!). Unfortunately, I was stupid in sending them a wire, and am unable to dispute the transaction at this point. My goods never shipped. I am out $260. After endless contacting of the company, I have filed reports with the BBB and FTC. I have send e-mails, faxes, phone calls, and a letter to this company. Nothing.

What do I do at this point. What CAN I do, if anything? I was referred to this site by someone on Yahoo Answers as a good place I can go for help with wasting this guys time.

I will get my $260 worth out of him no matter what.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

joeyb wrote:
What CAN I do, if anything?

This does appear to be a legitimate business despite your bad experience with them. We don't bait these types of people/businesses.

Do you still have all your receipts? I would recommend just suing them.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How does this appear to be a legitimate business? Take a look at their "Testimonials" - they are all pulled from other websites and are not genuine to this website.

They claim to have high ratings from the Better Business Bureau. They do not, and have had 2 complaints filed against them through the BBB.

I researched a bit further, and this website is new, formerly run as QualiCompCa.com, which has mysteriously disappeared.

The phone number redirects to something called "WaveCall".

Their business address isn't even theirs, it links up to a different business in the building which they are purportedly in.

In short, this is a SCAM that looks like it's legitimate. I was fooled, too.
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

joeyb wrote:

In short, this is a SCAM that looks like it's legitimate. I was fooled, too.

Being a negligent business and a scam are two different things.
They are not listed anywhere in this site.
http://ripoffreport.com/

When googling their name I only come up with their site AND a couple hits on Yahooanswers (where nobody has complained)

Whereas I couldn't really tell you how old a site needs to be in order for it to be legitimate or fake, here's what whois says.
http://www.who.is/whois/topqualitycomp.com/

I see only ONE complaint with the BBB, and the complaint has no description other than the company has yet to answer them.
http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=13101661

There's really no way in which you can bait these people joey. My suggestion is to file a fraud report with your bank and allow them to do the rest.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Joeyb

Welcome to eater.

I used to kill fake sites, and a big part of that was researching the validity of sites and their content.

I had a quick look and I must admit, it does look extremely shady. Based on my old techniques, it is guilty of at least 1 offence, being copyright fraud, as not only are the testimonials stolen, but just about every paragraph has been lifted from various genuine sites which is itself enough reason to be shut down.

My advice to you would be to head to the fake sites forum and ask an experienced site killer from the list on this page to take a closer look. If they say its above board, then as blah says, pursue legal action for fraud. If its fake, then the site killers will have it pulled down. Whilst this is being looked at, refrain from any further contact.

If it is a faker, then your money will be long gone, and if the domain was registered by someone using a free webmail address, then I dont fancy your chances of ever finding out who stole your money. The only way you could retaliate is to let a killer take it offline which costs him dollar.

Of course, if this turns out to be the case, then if you join our fight, you may not get back at him individually, but will actually be seeing the bigger picture and costing scammers in general way more then you were ever robbed of.

SB

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not specifically 419, so not really our bag - but I do sympathise wholly. I've seen people duped by pretty websites before, some companies which "bait and switch", etc. Your case is really a legal one - can you sue? Out of interest what made you choose this particular "retailer"? Were they offering unrealistically low prices? This is often what gets people - they order from a site with falsified testimonials, with fake review sites recommending them, etc., because the prices are impossibly low. Emphasis on the impossibly.

If you didn't pay by credit card, my guess is you've just lost your money Sad The internet is full of crooks, I remember when it was a nice place without all the crooks, crack-peddlers, hookers, billboards and burnt-out cars everywhere you looked Sad

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is something suspicious with this one. They are listed in Merchant Circle and other places on the internet with a different telephone number: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Top.Quality.Computers. 818-242-6678

The Topqualitycomp.com website lists Tel: 775-860-2644. Fax: 818-572-0301. The 775 number traces to Nevada, not California. 818 is a California number.

The website was just set up in February 2009, and only registered for one year. It is not listed as a Corporation, LP or LLC in the state of California. http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/list.html

It could very well to turn out to be a scam site. I am not sure what differentiates a "419 scam" vs another type of scam. They are looking for "Sales and Accounting" employees in Canada...http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-part-time-students-Sales-Acccounting-Part-Time-Job-Travelling-Not-Required-W0QQAdIdZ110988082 Could very well be that they are looking for somebody in Canada to receive wire transfer payments.

The OP said they sent money...was it via a wire transfer?

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, this was sent via a MoneyGram payment to the name of "<name removed - OD>". I've found that whoever the operator was used to run Qualicompca.com as well -- it looks like the qualicompca.com was used for only a few months.

Running a search for an <name removed - OD> (the name I was instructed to use for the MoneyGram payment), I do find a name that lives in the Los Angeles area. I tried calling the number I found, but the phone apparently was "disconnected". I saw the 818 number you mentioned as well, but the elderly woman who picked up was foreign and didn't understand.

I don't suppose there is any sort of protection for someone who sends money via MoneyGram to someone and it turns out being fraudulent? The *one* purchase I don't make using a credit card -- I guess that's my lesson. But I still want to do everything in my power to get my product, my money, or give THEM a run for their (my) money.

Last edited by joeyb on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, sorry to see it's for the reasons you describe. This site does look quite seedy to me as well.

Can you post one of their emails along with its header information. I'm curious where it will show.

A quick google search of <name removed - OD> leads to a link to RipOffReport as the first hit.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed

Last edited by OxygenDeprived on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice avatar! Smile

Here's an e-mail: << edited to remove your email addy - OD >>

Quote:
Subject: RE: Order #1000000000139
Date: March 21, 2009 3:20:28 PM CDT
To: xxxx
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from smtpin133-bge351000 ([10.150.68.133]) by ms362.mac.com (Sun Java(tm) System Messaging Server 6.3-7.04 (built Sep 26 2008; 64bit)) with ESMTP id <[email protected]> for xxxx; Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:20:29 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from col0-omc3-s5.col0.hotmail.com ([65.55.34.143]) by smtpin133.mac.com (Sun Java(tm) System Messaging Server 6.3-8.01 (built Dec 16 2008; 32bit)) with ESMTP id <[email protected]> for xxxx (ORCPT xxxx); Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:20:29 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from COL120-W1 ([65.55.34.137]) by col0-omc3-s5.col0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:20:29 -0700
Original-Recipient: rfc822;xxxx
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAAAQAAAUA=
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=_9e0b1567-34ee-4d5e-b3a9-1b8685168fa4_
X-Originating-Ip: [41.219.213.169]
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <8B411A2806CDE643BF49BFD1BF1B9B8D067D90BD@EXCHANGE091.ent.lolcentral.com> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Originalarrivaltime: 21 Mar 2009 20:20:29.0223 (UTC) FILETIME=[7A4E2B70:01C9AA62]

Alright.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Order #1000000000139
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:31:05 -0500

Thanks. Please let me know when this happens.

Thank you!

On Mar 20, 2009, at 9:12 PM, Inquiry TopQualityComp.Com wrote:

Your payment was received. Tracking number would be sent when order ships.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Order #1000000000139
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:55:33 -0500

Hello,

I have sent the payment.
Reference Number: 33418242
Amount Sent: 236.00

Please send me the tracking information for this item.

Thanks

I should mention that the "lolcentral" reference that pops up is mine, I had this copied on my work e-mail address. As for the <name removed - OD> on RipOff Report, well, that's from the report I filed today!

I feel so stupid for this, the red flags should have been going off the whole time. banghead I appreciate the help here! Smile

Last edited by joeyb on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The address is a business park used by carpet installers, fire alarm inspectors and a lawyer. Very interesting website. Its possible to order a laptop computer and have it shipped to Tanzania in 1-2 days for $280.00.

Edit to add=

41.219.213.169 Nigeria (Lagos)

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IP: 41.219.213.169 resolves to: Nigeria (Lagos)

That's where that email originates from. This is clearly a scam. I'm very sorry this happened to you. You can chat with other scam victims at www.scamwarners.com.

I'm sorry to tell you there is nothing that can be done. Your money disappeared into one of the dusty internet cafes in Lagos. It was an expensive lesson - but if you check out Scamwarners, you'll see that it was actually not all that much money lost compared to so many other scam victims. Not that that makes it feel any better.

Now that you're here, read up and learn more about 419 crime. You'll never be scammed again.

Editing to add: Looks like Connie and I were posting at the same time.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry bout this joeyb. But if you got their e-mail, we might be able to scambait them now.

x 1 United Kingdom x 1 Ghana
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to say that they are right, your money sent is gone. Especially with them overseas, there is little that law enforcement can do. As Cachuma suggested, please post this as well at www.ScamWarners.com so others who may use Google can hopefully learn before falling victim as well.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Presidentjlh wrote:
I'm sorry bout this joeyb. But if you got their e-mail, we might be able to scambait them now.

The e-mails I have for them are
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (came across this through Internet surfing)
[email protected] (another found through Internet surfing)

Looks like over the past year the guy has gotten much more sophisticated at scamming.
drbo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drbo on the job here.

I have already sent them an Email and am waiting for a response.
(I hate the time difference thing... I like real time!)
Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, the latter two look fake without a doubt. Yahoo and gmail accounts are prime scammer e-mail providers.

Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They're powered by Microsoft Office Live. Isn't that a prime tool for scammers?

joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Presidentjlh wrote:
They're powered by Microsoft Office Live. Isn't that a prime tool for scammers?
The only place that I had seen Microsoft Office Live used before was at my local YMCA. I noticed it was powered by Office Live, but given my experience with the Y, it didn't throw up any red flags at me.

With that site it's possible to place an order... and then they will send you an e-mail with MoneyGram instructions. Hassle them about paying with a wire -- which is what I did at first, I had wanted to pay with a credit card until I just bent over and they scammed me -- and see what you can shaken from them! I'm thinking about doing it all over again, myself!

I'm wondering if it possible to notify Microsoft of this? I would assume that Office Live would have subscription fees of some sort. Not to mention that this site is using Microsoft's name servers. Would MS even be compelled to do anything?
drbo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Would MS even be compelled to do anything?

Only if the power of Christ compelled them.

(sorry, my bad attempt at humour)

I seriously doubt this would even be a blip on the radar of Micro Soft.
Presidentjlh
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, Microsoft is notorious for often not doing anything about the fake sites, and when they do, it usually takes forever.

HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had luck with closing some MSOL accounts. Here is a sticky about closing them: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130513
As somebody already mentioned, you can bait them right from their website. Just pretend you want to place an order. You can also apply for the job they are advertising. There is a link in one of my earlier posts.

It looks like these lads are all over the place with free ads and websites. Here is just a sample. Also have been scamming on ebay. The tqcbbb@gmail and tqcbbb@yahoo get pages of hits in a google search.

http://tqcbbb.vstore.ca/
http://tqcbbb.blogspot.com/
http://www.gameafter.com/browse/Other/OtherItemsHttpwwwshoppalstorescomtqcbbb/132953/
http://www.tagsellit.com/virtual-sales/unlocked-mobile-phones-6087/htc-touch-diamond
http://universalbi.com/p_ds/?d=item&aid=292627

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George

Last edited by HarvestMoon on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 am; edited 3 times in total
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't believe I was duped so easily, though at least it's somewhat comforting that others on this very board thought this was a legitimate business as well. Further research indicates that it is not.

This guy just doesn't quit. In the last half-hour he posted the following two classifieds:
http://classifieds.wral.com/category/216/Entertainment/listings/40219/Apple_iPod_touch_8GB_Black_MP3_Player_MB528LLA.html
http://classifieds.wral.com/category/214/Electronics/listings/40220/Sony_Playstation_3_60GB_80GB_160GB_250GB.html

I've reported both of them for abuse. Smile
joeyb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HarvestMoon wrote:
I have had luck with closing some MSOL accounts. Here is a sticky about closing them: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130513

Thanks! I have gone ahead and reported them to Microsoft. I hope that the site will be shut down soon. We'll see if Microsoft puts their money where their mouth is.
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just ordered myself a nice Nikon digital camera from the website. Maybe we could keep him busy while we're waiting for the site to be closed down.

Seems that shipping is cheaper if you go for the express delivery option.
Quote:
Express 1-2 Day Delivery ($70.00)
Standard 3-5 Day Delivery ($125.00)

Now to apply for one of his cash processing jobs using one of my other baiting characters.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic