SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Okay, I have a serious issue I think here....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
beckythatcher
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
clearly we are since we know their methods.

Plus we have all the cool tools Twisted Evil

*Of M7CNS3cure - "honey sincerely this is really hard work and i have been sitting here all day trying to fix it all but once i make any mistake i have to start all over again and i am getting pissed off"
* are you the person making this mistake or are you doing this intentionally?......just pissed right now

Safari Jack - Enugu to Lagos - thanks OD! "I am going through alot of pains here. if i had known i would not have come to lagos let alone allowing myself to be starnded." - 13 days!
Safari James - Lagos to Port Harcourt to Calabar "Now they are on the street looking for where to sleep

Closed lad accounts x 18 pony Ninja United Kingdom x4 Sweden x2 China United States
I'm going shopping! $39,977.80 in fake checks
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The smarter scammers also seem to get special attention Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
bethc8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tryharder, You were one of the smart ones!!! You figured this guy out , before he was able to convince you to send him money and he was giving it his best, rotton scammer!!! These guys take so much more than just your money, they use you emotionally, they use your love for your children and children in general, if you'll notice most of them have a child, who gets in an accident or gets sick and has to be in hospital.! Of course, none of them has insurance??? The wife died or she was a tart and ran off leaving him with child!! Their "parent" are dead, ghastly accident!! horrible cancer!! Sad sob story!! Awwww..!!! In some of his first letters he tells you that he is financially stable?? If he was an engineer and working on a project why would he need money from you?? Any grown man who asks for money from someone he's never met, is not to be trusted. What, he has no business associates? old friends , a friendly banker , credit cards?? no bank account, 401(k) ? Its just strange to ask someone you barely know for a loan??? He never does mention the name of the Hospital??
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Beth,

All very true for the scammer playing the part of a male as they have learnt how to play the heart strings of most single women.

For those scammers playing the part of a woman it's completely different, beautiful, alone and vulnerable, desperately needing a an honest man to fix all of her problems for which she will be forever in debt.

The man in shinning armour, after being single for a while and desperately trying to relive some romance from his early days that just didn't work out

These scammers know what makes a good victim and they play to it with every bit of professionalism they can muster.

Some of course cant muster a whole lot, but others who have had practice are quite successful

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, but scammers playing the part of woman have all made same mistake at me. They always get in love like in second mail already. Red flag immediately, even in the times when I didn't know what 419 scam is.

Yeah right like that happens every day, especially over internet!
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ True in most cases, but not always, I actually have one at the moment who has asked me to slow down, she is worried we might be falling in love too fast and wants to get to know me before making any commitments.

I have competely changed her script from the usual "help me with my dead husbands millions" and she now needs time to find appropriate script for me, isn't that beautiful. Laughing

The point is, not all scammers, male or female will fall in love straight away, it is important for any potential victim to know that, we have seen cases where the scammer had waited over a year before falling in love and hitting the vic up for money

Bird
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yet still another issue at hand. I still spot them a mile away, because they are always employing same tactics. I have profiles at various dating sites. But their tactic is always the same. They send me a private message that goes like this.

Hi. I saw your profile and liked you and bla bla. It's always similar text pretty short to, couple of sentences and then she leaves a mail to contact her. So when I see mail in first private message from a person I don't know, than I know it's a scam.
I have recieved such PM through dating sites numerous times through years none of them was good enough to distract my attention.

What they should do instead ... is to omitt the mail in first PM and start talking their way towards changing conversation from dating site to mail or MSN, this way I just might be fooled.
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The heartbreak, the emotional turmoil and the callousness of these scammers drive me to do what I do.

Noted just this morning;

Quote:
Today I found out that I was been scam by a guy from Scottland, Uk name known as Martin Lugar, a widow for 5 yrs with a daughter 10yrs old, we talked for about a little more than a month now, the last two weeks he had gone to Africa, the first week to Accra for business, and the second week to Nigeria to visit his daughter, a very charming guy and religious person, we talked online and by phone this past week, even today before he was returning to UK, according to him he had even bought me a ring, he wanted me to married him, my God was I so naived, I was warned about scams but did not wanted to believe, until today, I received a called from a Dr Nelson from a hospital were he found my phone number in a package, and he told me that a person had a accident and he was on a coma, I swear it was him, I even asked him if this was a joke, and if it was to please stop, I broke down in tears because the pain was unbearable so I hang up, I tried to call the number but was not able to get through, after an hour the same person call again saying that he was a Dr and that this Martin was the only survivor of the accident, I was more calm by now and I asked what that he needed me to do, what that he wanted from me, and then the reality hit me when he said that this person that he was calling my husband needed a surgery and he needed money, that when I told him that I understod that was the only thing he wanted was the money and then he said he was ending the call and he did, so please be aware of this person…

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The good scammers know how to play the game. I have Caring_edna going STILL at this moment...no mention of money, and were happily in love with each other. I'm just waiting for the money fun to begin, but the more you suck them in the better grip you have to squeeze. Twisted Evil the worst part of it all is, it works both ways...Vic's get sucked in and the harder they are the harder they fall...at least the amount in their accounts.

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic