SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Okay so if I want to report a scammer what do I do?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GnarlySpoof
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife received a typical 419 scam in her personal inbox. (Yes contrary to what most people believe I'm actually male).

Since I'm not too keen / undecided on baiting myself and since this arrived in her "genuine" inbox I'm certainly not going to be responding directly. Is there any use in handing this information over to anyone and what are the risks? The name of the deceased in the email (who's inheritance she has been promised) share's our (real) surname so I'm really not keen on this.

What do I do?
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey MP,

You can always toss it in the surplus forum here. Very Happy

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, ignore it. I thought you didn't want to bait anyway?

If you really want to give (that's what liberals do), post it in surplus, making sure you XXX out your details.

Contrary to your wishes, reporting this to anyone won't do anything.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if you had the scammer's real life name, address, phone number etc.... there is really nothing that you can do. You could give the info to law enforcement but they will not do anything with it. Law enforcement has bigger fish to fry than some tough-to-catch scammer hiding in an Internet cafe somewhere.

Given your outlook on scambaiting, do what most people do when they receive scam emails.... delete it.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Larson
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Although the scammer claims to know who you are, he really doesn't, and he will not have the motivation or the resources to pursuit you should to reply to him or ignore him. There emails are sent out by the hundreds so it is no use reporting it to anyone, and this also means that he does not have a clue of who or where you are.

listen i don't beg you money if you don't interested through this transaction please kindly remove your hand and stop contact me - Razak Konan, Malaysia
OK BYE AND NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN FUCK YOUR MUMMY BOTTOM , MUST THIS NIGHT MARK IT SOME WHERE, OK. - Simon Legree / Christopher Moore, Nigeria
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recieved over 75 similar emails in my catcher account just last week.

It's just one of millions of similar emails sent out in bulk every single day. Ignore it, or if you feel compelled, post in the Surplus forum.

Editing to add:

MESSAGE TO CRAIG007 - see? He's a DUDE! I knew it! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.

Last edited by Cachuma on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YW you surly old coot. Very Happy

I think when he said "handing this over to anyone" he was referring to giving it to one of us to bait.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

pony pony pony
Star
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes

Stop it. It's clear what he meant.

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig007 wrote:
Stop it. It's clear what he meant.

Maybe it was code for "tell that craig guy that he sounds like a 12yr old on the phone!"

Laughing

pony pony pony
Star
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That was morphed dammit!

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig007 wrote:
That was morphed dammit!

Yeah, that's your story and you're sticking to it, right?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) Set up two Gmail accounts.
2) Bait him from one, and try to reform him from the other.
3) Realise which is the more successful method of dealing with scammers.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing

blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craig007 wrote:
That was morphed dammit!

I'm sure it was....

Mods, have we id'd craig yet?

Very Happy

pony pony pony
Star
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to report him, you DO place the letter in the surplus forum, editing out personal details. Actually.. only his e-mail and the type of scam will be enough I guess.

Also mention in you post that you want this guy reformed instead of simply having his time wasted. Someone might just get him to do a nosejob, that would be reforming right? If tattoos also count as reforming I'm quite sure somebody will be willing to take it up...

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

modernPrimitive, your question is one that millions of people have asked. What do I do with this scam email I get. There are options and the one most people should do it delete it.

We bait those because there is no "internet police" to report it to. The dead people are probably real, but they have nothing to do with the scam. Some scammers look for real stories to add credibility to their scam.

You can call your local police department and they will tell you to delete the message.

I do like the suggestion to open two different gmail accounts. One for reform and one for baiting. Spend your time checking your theories regarding dealing with criminals/scammers.

I would be honored to mentor you in your endevours.

To do something, we bait those people so that they are not getting money from unsuspecting victims. People who believe that their ship has finally come in if they just send some money, then some more, then some more.

If you don't want to bait, post the email in surplus and maybe we could get a mass bait up and let you see the progress, and you can add in your advice. Wink

Yes indeed, I stand behind a cape and taunt the criminal so that he will leave my grandmother or my children, or your grand mother or your children alone.

I am serious about mentoring you if you want to bait.

PM me. Smile

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
GnarlySpoof
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So in other words the risk is minimal - it's highly unlikely that my wife's account is the only one he mailed with this particular scam. I assume then that these guys run scripts that populate and send mails from a list.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you are correct. They collect email addresses (harvest) and send out thousands of those scripts per day. They don't track who they sent them to, they just track their victims.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's true, sorry about my somewhat sarcastic previous post by the way...

It's even possible that that is where the 'real' last name comes from. If your wife has her e-mail somewhere on the internet in combination with her real name, a somewhat cleverly written program could just add the surname into the mail...<techtalk>That would be a simple case of using clever regex's and a nice mail-template and a well-tuned harvester and you could very easily create some very personal-looking e-mails</techtalk> Another possibility is an inexperienced lad who's looking up names 'by hand' and actually 'writes' his mails... But even then he would only be keeping track of the people that respond, and not of those he mailed out to....
It might also be you have a very common surname.. Wink

I also like ParaNoid's suggestions... If there were a mass-bait to be set up, I'll gladly participate in it and follow any directions you give in it, so you may see how it works out. I'm betting now that the baiters who do not want to reform the lad will seem way easier victims so that I will then be dropped in favor of them...But I AM willing to try, let me know when it gets that far...

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

modernPrimitive wrote:
So in other words the risk is minimal - it's highly unlikely that my wife's account is the only one he mailed with this particular scam. I assume then that these guys run scripts that populate and send mails from a list.

Change "highly unlikely" to "absolutely positively not at all possible".

Scammers can only make money through volume. They might get a 0.00001% rate of return on their first formats, so they have to mail them out in enormous bulk.

If they took time to individually target specific people, they'd never make a penny. There was no "social engineering" involved in that email that your wife received. She was one of 10,000 that the lad emailed that day.

GnarlySpoof
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
That's true, sorry about my somewhat sarcastic previous post by the way...

It's even possible that that is where the 'real' last name comes from. If your wife has her e-mail somewhere on the internet in combination with her real name, a somewhat cleverly written program could just add the surname into the mail...<techtalk>That would be a simple case of using clever regex's and a nice mail-template and a well-tuned harvester and you could very easily create some very personal-looking e-mails</techtalk> Another possibility is an inexperienced lad who's looking up names 'by hand' and actually 'writes' his mails... But even then he would only be keeping track of the people that respond, and not of those he mailed out to....
It might also be you have a very common surname.. Wink

I also like ParaNoid's suggestions... If there were a mass-bait to be set up, I'll gladly participate in it and follow any directions you give in it, so you may see how it works out. I'm betting now that the baiters who do not want to reform the lad will seem way easier victims so that I will then be dropped in favor of them...But I AM willing to try, let me know when it gets that far...

My surname is not common at all so it's probably some kind of script.

Okay I posted it in surplus. Not going to bait on my own (though I appreciate the mentorship offer - will keep it in mind) so I'll leave it for someone else. I'd like to follow it though if it comes to a mass-bait. Bear in mind that my approach would not be "direct" so to speak.
Larson
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

Just to tell you, it is perfectly possible to bait the guy without conflicting with your views. It's called straight-baiting and does not rely on trophies (but may bring forth opportunities to collect them).

listen i don't beg you money if you don't interested through this transaction please kindly remove your hand and stop contact me - Razak Konan, Malaysia
OK BYE AND NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN FUCK YOUR MUMMY BOTTOM , MUST THIS NIGHT MARK IT SOME WHERE, OK. - Simon Legree / Christopher Moore, Nigeria
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

modernPrimitive wrote:

Okay I posted it in surplus. Not going to bait on my own (though I appreciate the mentorship offer - will keep it in mind) so I'll leave it for someone else. I'd like to follow it though if it comes to a mass-bait. Bear in mind that my approach would not be "direct" so to speak.

Just FYI - once it's in Surplus, it's open season on the lad. He may get baited to smithereens. We might even get him to go on a safari, or send us a trophy, or get a tatoo. There's no telling what manner of horrific suffering might be inflicted on him.

So if you have any qualms about this, I suggest you not put it in surplus. If, on the other hand, it pisses you off just a little bit that this lad had the audacity to target your wife, even if she was just one faceless nameless email addy on a list of 10,000, then leave it in there and somebody will have some fun with him.

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's a little late Cachuma Wink I already sent the lad a (real polite) e-mail...
I'll stay nice for a while and if a mass-baiting topic pops up I'll join in the fun...

If anything interesting pops up I'll post about it, so stick around MP...

GnarlySpoof
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
modernPrimitive wrote:

Just FYI - once it's in Surplus, it's open season on the lad. He may get baited to smithereens. We might even get him to go on a safari, or send us a trophy, or get a tatoo. There's no telling what manner of horrific suffering might be inflicted on him.

So if you have any qualms about this, I suggest you not put it in surplus. If, on the other hand, it pisses you off just a little bit that this lad had the audacity to target your wife, even if she was just one faceless nameless email addy on a list of 10,000, then leave it in there and somebody will have some fun with him.

Please that's not my issue. Alot of you have taken my posts from an either / or perspective. That's not my intention. Idealistically I've explained where I'm coming from - no need to elaborate. I agree that a direct approach will not work but that doesn't mean that these ideals cannot be included as an underlying theme for various antics. Suffering, if used wisely can become and instrument for hope. If you're going to use suffering then at least attempt to use it wisely as a tool for transformation.
Sure, easier said than done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic