SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Had a relative who had his financial life ruined.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sarah1029
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, a new member here, who is interested in helping out, as I have had some family experience dealing with e-mail scam artist before.

A few months ago, a cousin of mine essentially had all his money taken away from believing the lies of a e-mail scam artist that he later found out was from Nigeria. It was hard, and embarrassing for him, but the scammer essentially wrapped his fingers around him, pretending to be a woman, pretending to want to be with him, all the jazz. Sent all kinds of fake pictures, got some woman (probably hired) to call him pretending to be the character, and basically making him fall in love with this character. By doing this, they slowly gained access to his bank account, and essentially took his money and ran. He didn't tell anyone he was involved with someone online, and I wish he did, because maybe then we could have avoided this issue. Now he's broke, living with me, all because of some e-mail scam. It's making me so sick that people can be so low and evil to do this to helpless people!

I'm sorry if this is too emotional of a first message, but I just wanted to get it out of the way so I can see what I can do to help.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to our world Sarah1029

We don't achieve instant results with scammers, and the most effective baits take quite a lot of time and effort, and you have to get up close and friendly with them, depending on how you're baiting. This is one reason why ex-victims find it so hard, so you'll need to put aside your own hatred and revulsion to deal with these people.

You have all the incentive to do this work - but set your emotions aside and concentrate on engineering the scammers to your will. You have to be cold blooded - but that's not to say you can't have wild fun. Involving the scammers in weird and riculous situations is all part of the revenge.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, that's not the first story of this kind, nor will it be the last.

I presume that you're interested in becoming a baiter? Welcome aboard! There are plenty of stickies to read as well as published baits that will help you get the hang of what we're doing here. You can also sign up for a mentor and someone will guide you through your first bait.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Learn about scammers and what they do, how to spot one .... then annoy everyone you think might be a target by talking about it, you don't need to embarrass your friend to do that.

I nagged my mom for years until she finally saw the light and realised all these free holidays, "valuable" prize awards and strange requests for charitable gifts, were in a lot of cases, fraudulent scams.

I'd still not let her near a computer ....

Getting into baiting involves a certain mindset, it's not everyones cup of tea that's for sure, but making people aware of the risks isn't such a big deal, so long as you don't come across as a weirdo! Smile
hunterkiller
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the world of eater. Very Happy Have a look around and you'll find plenty of useful information.

Closed lad accounts
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sarah, Welcome! The story you describe is a classic love/romance scam. There is a section on this site devoted to that specific type of scam. Romance scammers are real scum, because of the way they play on people's emotions.

The first thing you should do is post up all the information you have on the person who scammed your cousin on our sister site Scamwarners. You also might want to post it on romancescam.com. If you are not comfortable doing this you can PM me the details and I'll post it for you.

The type of info you should post is the email address, fake name(s) used, telephone numbers, addresses, initial emails, pictures, dating site profile names and profile description. That way, if another victim is in contact with that person, they will find the warning by doing a google search.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Sarah. I'm sorry your friend got taken by that scumbag scammer. Love lads as we call them, are one of the lowest of the low, as they not only take a person's money, but their heart as well. It makes trusting other people later on very difficult, and eats away at you.
May I suggest that your friend and you visit scamwarners.com, our sister site, which has people dedicated to helping victims cope with what's happened to them? Some of our members also work over there as well.
If you want to bait, I suggest you sign up for a mentor, who will help you to sort out ways that you can help here.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306
A look around the forum will show you the many different directions you can go here. We are all different, but everyone finds a place here that they feel comfortable with eventually if they have the time to put into it.
Feel free to ask questions too. We have people around all the time to help in any way that we can.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^SH, GMTA - We gotta stop meeting like this. Wink

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sarah you are not the only member here at Eater who came here because of a family member or friend who got taken. I have a relative who was in the early stages of Alzheimers and got hit by a classic "dying-widow-wants-to-give-her-millions-to-charity" scam. Got taken for $25,000. That's what brought me here to begin with. I've had quite a few successful baits since then, and do feel I've gotten my retribution.

Fortunately my relative didn't lose everything...and now she's comfortably in a care facility and doesn't remember any of it.

The advice above is good. A healthy hatred for criminal scumbags who prey on the vulnerable is good, but youdo need to be able to bait with your head on straight.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once you are close enough to hurt them, you will have formed a relationship and maybe even like them, so be ready for that. If you find your history means you can't do that, then you won't be such an effective baiter.

Of course the payback is when you come to stuff their head down the loo with a terrific thump, several times over, and doing that to someone you have behaved as a friend to is not natural, which is why baiters bait without emotional involvement.

My most effective baitee was enchantingly deranged, but it didn't stop me leaving his life wrecked, and won't stop me going back and repeating the punishment.

My background is one of being honest and truthful, but I find that feeling morally justified in lying to scammers is great - and I'm good at it too. It's like eating chocolate - an evil treat. Twisted Evil

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Sarah1029
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for all your support, and I hope I can be a help in the future. I mean, I really want to contribute. I think it's the least I can do after all that's happened to my cousin.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic