SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fedex scams in the USA

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
widowspeek
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found out about this site from an article in the BBC.I also wrote about it on my blog. After I publishing the article, I have been bombarded by the stupidest most hilarious fedex scams.The reason I am posting this is because something new is in these emails.Most of them have phone numbers to contact them directly. By design I thought these jack asses started out with email scripts. Any ideas out there? Regards widowspeek Smile
widowspeek
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - no need to quote your full post above, we can see it just there ^^^ - SP

This one goes on with the usual crap but at the end he leaves this phone number. Any ideas out there? Regards widowspeek

Quote:
Other details will be forwarded to you as soon as I am convince I am communicating with the right person.

Best regards,
Son Musk
Phone: +447035912966
PeopleExpress
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure why, could be policies that allow scammers to exploit their services, but Fedex is the carrier of choice for scammers, check passers, etc. around here. There was even a group going around wearing Fedex uniforms committing theft.
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi widowspeek and welcome to 419eater. It is a very common occurence for scammers (lads) to supply a phone number. Any phone number begining with +4470 is actually a UK redirect telephone number.

Effectively it is a free telephone redirect service. If you call the number you have posted the person picking up at the other end could be anywhere in the world. Lad's like to use it as it gives the impression that they're in the UK. Some lads are utterly hopeless speaking English and avoid telephone calls. Other lads think their skills in English are pretty hot so they like to lay down the hard sell over the phone.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Sir Cumfrence, I am aware of these services,I think I will sign up for one myself and use it.I will tell him Im in Mexico for business but need 3 city codes for Western union.I will advise him that I have to send the funds In 3 payments to different locations, as to not be detected by my bosses. I need a picture of him with a code or object of my choice in order to make sure this is not a scam.Perhaps I could bait him with a tip that never quite makes it to western union due to the "sumbrarro" farmers strike in Mexico ,but assure him to keep trying. Any advice on tightening up this prank ( or joint as I call it) would be great. Thank's regards Widowspeek
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many want phone contact because they want to make sure they are dealing with a real person and not a "joker" (baiter). Plus, if the vic is compliant enough to immediately spend the money calling, they probably have a little more potential.

FedEx is great for lads both for real shipping (fake checks) and imaginary (the ATM card you will never get) shipping.

If they are dealing in fake checks, they can track packages online, and they often have access to hacked accounts and/or stolen credit cards to set up fedex accounts, so they aren't paying to ship anything.

If they are pretending they are going to send you something, they throw the fedex name in there because the victim will recognize it (just like the Microsoft lottery). There are some people who will believe an implausible story because they recognize one name or can verify one fact--it just never occurs to them that the scammer using that name or citing that fact has no connection to the real name/story. In the mind of this kind of victim--fedex is a known, reputable company; therefore the deal must be valid because it is "connected" to fedex. Scammers know and take advantage of this mindset.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic