SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Extremely Dumb lads wants your password

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This looked way too enticing to post in surplus

I recieved the below email from Hotmail, wanting me to provide my password to avoid any concerns, the email was sent by
Gozy James" <[email protected] to a yahoo catcher account Rolling Eyes

I am sure he wouldn't mind receiving Gmail passwords either

Quote:
Dear Account User

CONFIRM YOUR WINDOWS LIVE ACCOUNT SERVICES. VERIFY YOUR FREE HOTMAIL ACCOUNT NOW !!!

Thank you for getting back to the Hotmail Team Customer Care. This Email is from Our Customer Care Unit.We are sending this mail to every Hotmail Account User for Safety measurement. We are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Hotmail accounts, so we are shutting down some Hotmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you are still interested in using this account. If you are still interested, Please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account. This is part of our capacity building.

Due to the congestion in all Hotmail users and removal of all unused Hotmail Accounts, Hotmail would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* Username: ...............................
* Password: ................................
* Date of Birth: ............................
* Country Or Territory: .................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hotmail Team

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is more of a phishing attempt than a scam as such. Obviously once you hand over your account details then the phisher is able to go through your email looking for things of interest.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Pete

Yes, I am fully aware of what this is Wink

There are several fun ways to play these and they are quite baitable.

You could load an email address with baiter accounts for contacts then give him the password for it which will give him a ready supply of baiters to keep him amused

You can also give him something other than your password, such as "Password" and let him teach you how to fill in the details

Perhaps somebody else could point to a link but i do recall one of these being loads of fun

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With the application of some guile it works very well in the other direction .... Rolling Eyes
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:

You could load an email address with baiter accounts for contacts then give him the password for it which will give him a ready supply of baiters to keep him amused

I created such an account for that purpose last week, but the lad hasn't hack it. I've just given this lad the chance.
Giving your password as ******** is also good, as you can insist you sent it in clear and that his PC must have converted it to asterisks.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us

Last edited by Mr Tambourine Man on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ MTM, I did just do that! Wink Let's see if he bites.

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone feels like setting up a hotmail honeytrap I'm happy (for my characters) to send some emails for you to prime your box with realistic looking emails, I hope some of you will too!

The nice thing is if the lad tries to pull a "friends I'm stuck penniless in Nigeria send money" scam, he'll spend the next month trying to work out what went so right at first...then so wrong...
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DoraTheExplorer wrote:
^^^ MTM, I did just do that! Wink Let's see if he bites.

Me too. Two victims telling him the same thing may convince him.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
dadeciple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got one of these in my gmail account too.

Quote:

Delivered-To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Received: by 10.210.115.18 with SMTP id n18cs240527ebc;
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:05:35 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.214.244.4 with SMTP id r4mr7563712qah.53.1226365533733;
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:05:33 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from vms042.mailsrvcs.net (vms042pub.verizon.net [206.46.252.42])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 1si4175724qyk.63.2008.11.10.17.05.18;
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:05:33 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 206.46.252.42 as permitted sender) client-ip=206.46.252.42;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 206.46.252.42 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from vms062.mailsrvcs.net ([172.18.12.134])
by vms042.mailsrvcs.net (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-6.01 (built Apr
3 2006)) with ESMTPA id <[email protected]>; Mon,
10 Nov 2008 19:05:17 -0600 (CST)
Received: from 41.219.229.66 ([41.219.229.66])
by vms062.mailsrvcs.net (Verizon Webmail) with HTTP; Mon,
10 Nov 2008 19:05:17 -0600 (CST)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:05:17 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Gmail Account Verification!!!
X-Originating-IP: [41.219.229.66]
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
Reply-to: [email protected]
Message-id: <[email protected]>
MIME-version: 1.0
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

<html><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2096" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>This Email is from Gmail Customer Care and we are sending it to </P>
<P>every gmail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having </P>
<P>congestions due to the anonymous registration of gmail accounts so we </P>
<P>are shutting down some gmail accounts and your account was among </P>
<P>those to be deleted.We are sending you this email to so that you can </P>
<P>verify and let us know if you still want to use this account.If you are still </P>
<P>interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your </P>
<P>User name.password.date of birth and your country information would </P>
<P>be needed to verify your account.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Due to the congestion in all gmail users and removal of all unused </P>
<P>Accounts. gmail would be shutting down all unused Accounts. You will </P>
<P>have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below </P>
<P>after clicking the reply button. or your account will be suspended within </P>
<P>24 hours for security reasons.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *USERNAME&amp;E-MAIL ID:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *PASSWORD:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *VERIFY PASSWORD:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *DATE OF BIRTH:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *COUNTRY/TERRITORY:</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account </P>
<P>after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account </P>
<P>permanently. We apologize.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gmail Account Service&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Team Admin....<BR></P></BODY></html>

pete515
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My fear is that if he hasn't tried to hack the honeytrap then it is because he has so many legitimate ones to do as well. These emails are unfortunately a lot less obvious than the "you've won a million dollar lottery you never entered" type and many people will be fooled in to giving them their email account details. Whenever I get these, particularly the bank account ones, I do usually attempt to send some bogus information before reporting them to the appropriate phishing reporting addresses.

Best of luck with the honeytrap but I wonder how easily these people can be baited before they decide there is easier meat elsewhere. I'd be interested to hear of progress.

Pete.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my bro has a really good idea that might work in this case here

especially cause 'google' and 'hotmail' are asking for details to be emailed

so... launch an assault on the email addy

get every available member to send phake details, and LOts of Emails!

the idea being, with Thousands of emails, the account is flagged by the server, and then gets shut down after an investigation by the server

he might get mad by me suggesting this, sorry bro, it seems to be timely!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, 'mailbombs' are not endorsed, they just waste internet resources for everyone else - you're better off closing the box if that's what you want to do.

Also, gmail has a ~10GB inbox - a few baiters aren't going to fill that in a hurry!
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Sorry, 'mailbombs' are not endorsed, they just waste internet resources for everyone else - you're better off closing the box if that's what you want to do.

Also, gmail has a ~10GB inbox - a few baiters aren't going to fill that in a hurry!

thanks for the new term and headsup! Thumbs up :banghead:

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would actually be a very good idea... Even if you don't send him any real account details at all...
It might be very easy to set up a script that has a database of subscribed baiters. Someone with the authority to do so enters an e-mail address of a phisher who's trying to do this, then this script sends a mail to all subscribed baiters with as reply-to the entered e-mail address. The only thing the subscribed baiters need to do is to reply to the mail with a standard reply containing bogus login info. If enough baiters subscribe for this it might indeed happen that the account get's flagged by the server, or else the phisher might get so lost in this giant amount of replies that he doesn't get that much real addresses cracked open...

EDIT: @Manbiteslion, good point.. i was writing while you posted that Wink

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Bit over a Billion

Not such a good idea, lots of wasted time on our part to send him all those emails and to no effect

He will simply open a new email address in just a minute or so and continue sending the same email.

Eventually his email address will be reported and closed, the scammer is fully aware of this and will have new accounts in place and ready to be put into use.

In this case it is inevitiable the account will not last very long but even so, if anybody were to search on the email address, unsure if it is real, they will find 2 hits that it is a scammer at work, when a new email address is used by the scammer, those same hits will not appear.

The Scamwarners advisors often rely on the search results of email addresses to prove to their visitors that an email address is associated with scams, again, that evidence would not be their if a new email address is used

Reporting email addresses for closure (or effectively spamming or sending viri) often becomes a hot top here with newer members who think it is a good idea, it truely has no positive effect and actualy has many negatives, hopefully you will now see why

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Thank you so much Murry for explaining it so well.

Please people, do not close free email addys!! If you really want to kill something, come to Fake Banks and Sites. And get a nice flag in your siggy Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
blah
Who's Your Daddy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could always pretend to be another scammer, mail him back and voluntarily give him a password to an account that is full of ready-to-pay victims.

M7CN Mangler - 1998 clicks. This process is absolutely embarassing. - Sgt. Jones
M7CN Mangler+SecSh1eld+Allst@r= How dear you make me go thru such stress.. - Fr@nk West

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here for dirty nasty pr0n!!1]</a>
pony pony pony
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x6
Star
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got one of these (slightly different wording, same concept) in my catcher account just this week. I was very sleepy and - I have to confess - thought it was legit when I started out reading it. Embarassed

My one, though, towards the end, threatened that I'd be arrested by the FBI if I were to not provide my details. The sentence also ended with 5 or 6 exclamation marks. Rolling Eyes It was at that point that I started getting suspicious.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be willing to play "friend" if someone needs e-mail in their box...just PM me

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic