SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Requesting help with some craigslist scummers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sonoma315
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone...

Some of you may have seen my earlier post about how my wife sent her resume to a craiglist job scammer. Well, i freaked out and e-mailed everyone I could think of to get his e-mail shutdown. A lot of good that's going to do, right? So I googled the same ad copy he used, and found some hits on a few other e-mail addresses... It looks to be a "work at home" check cashing scheme. Other victims of his i've read about on other boards say he tells them to buy laptops, and a copy of quickbooks, and send the rest of the money from the check back to him Rolling Eyes

Anyhow i'm worried that my wifes identity could be compromised, so i would really like to get to know as much about this dude as possible... Can anyone help? I tried to start a bait by just sending an "Can you tell me more about the job", but all he responded with was a "send in your resume", so you'll need to grab a fake resume off the net and slap your fake name on it. I'm going to try as well, but a more experienced person would be great, since i'm a baiter-n00b... The current E-mail I have for this boi are as follows, (l33ted, switch the 3's to e's)

[email protected]
Mail from IP: 41.219.193.209 (lagos)

If you can help please let me know how it goes.

Another friend of mine almost got taken in by another craigslist scammer... He's a check dude too, and his e-mail is (switch the 0 to a o in yaho0) [email protected]

PM me for both of their exact formats if you need them. This is for a "data entry position"

Thanks in advance Very Happy
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi sonoma!

Did you ever go over to ScamWarners and post up the story about your wife and any information you may have on him? They do really good research over there too and would be able to advise on the potential of her identity being compromised.

If you post up the scammer's emails here, I am sure someone will take a interest. I personally have an ongoing interest in check lads.

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll give it a shot. I've been hankerin' for a check scam.

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to take a crack at this one as well. I always prefer to bait lads where I know there's been a real vic (or at least, one who ALMOST got taken).

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic