SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

More hoopla for ya moopla

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Silverdew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone! I have spent most of my waking hours over the last few days reading the forum entries related to this aspect of advanced fee fraud. I believe this is a public service, especially when I read the thread when some scam syndicate started on the disabled dating websites. my normal routine would be to have fun with the initial scripts they send, i.e send back bullshit and when they ask for money, stop replying. Now I see there is a great sport to be had with false WU, Safaris and the like. makes me confident in human nature, esp. in reassuring an innocent victim who wrote in about a scumbag who various forum members went on to bait, sending him around Africa. The authorities can't (won't) do a lot, it is up to us. Yes, I was targetted a few years back when I was vunerable, luckily I was directed to this site after Googling the supposed 'future wife'. I stopped writing and I think this site may have saved me hundreds of dollars. Bless this site!!! I would love to join in but am not yet experienced. If you need me, I may need some mentoring, I do not want to go out and deliberately fish for scammers, seems a bit like enticement, but that thread on them targetting the disabled particularly rattled my cage. I will see if I can stop these sleazy bastards. Maybe get some experience with a current thread. Any offers?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really do not have a clue.... Headers? IP tracing? I suppose I need more time in the university bit.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, I'm glad you were deterred by the site. Many people fall victim to fraud. IP tracing is easier than it sounds. Here's a few tips.
1. Read the stickies
2. If you need a helping hand ask for a mentor.
3. GMAIL!
4. Use the "Surplus" section to get lad's without fishing.
5. http://headertool.apelord.com/ - Header analysis. - will tell you about the IP and where it is located.

I'll tell you how to "get" the headers from email address's.

For Gmail:
1. Log in to Gmail.
2. Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
3. Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top-right of the message pane.
4. Select Show original.

The full headers will appear in a new window.

Copy that page into http://headertool.apelord.com/ and you'll get your analysis.

and finally, #6 - BAIT SAFE! If you think your in too deep and don't know where to go, STOP. There is nothing wrong with stopping contact. Hope that helps a little, I'm sure a lot more people are going to be around with more info. So have a good one, be safe.

Closed lad accounts 10+ Mortar x6
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, Silverdew!

We need ya! Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silverdew wrote:
I do not want to go out and deliberately fish for scammers, seems a bit like enticement, but that thread on them targetting the disabled particularly rattled my cage.

I'd like to just comment on the above. I am disabled and some years ago I had a contact advert on the Net. A man wrote to me and fell in love with me far too quickly. Being a nice person, I suggested we meet - thinking that would soon bring him back down to earth with a hearty bump. We met. He still declared love. Much drama followed.

As an experiment, I set up three (eventually four) fake accounts for very-unlike-me fake disabled women, and these fake women all contacted him. Guess what: he fell in love with all of them. And yes, the financial difficulties were eventually revealed.

The real me quit contact with him. The fake women kept stringing him out for the best part of a year. I had some concerns about the ethics of doing this. But the thought that kept me going was that as long as he was spending all his time writing to these fake women, then he wasn't writing to real women. And leading them on. And hurting them. I hated how much damage he could do.

A year or so later, if he was still operating, then he'd disappeared from anywhere I could find him. I tried to find him again by inventing yet again another fake disabled woman, and putting her fake details on the same contact site I had advertised on. She did not receive a single genuine response. She received a lot of lying mails from men out to win her heart and take her money.

How many of these awful men were out there???? Did anyone else feel as strongly as I did and try and take up their time?

A net search led me to this site.

I now periodically place fake details on a disability contact site. I do make the the advertiser sound unappealing: I don't usually get any genuine replies, but on the odd occasion I have, I've just written back and thanked them profusely for their lovely letter and told them they sound wonderful, but I've had so many replies now, I can't write to everyone, and wish them the best of luck for the future etc.

I'm not 'enticing' the scammers. My descriptions are not designed to be enticing to anyone. But lots of scammers come my way. Good. I'll take up their time, thanks. For the protection of others.

One of my early characters was a man brain-damaged in a road accident. He told of this, and his writing style made it obvious that he had no idea what was going on. The scammers who wrote to him gave him careful step-by-step instructions on how to draw some of his compensation payment out of the bank and send it to them by Western Union.

I'm not enticing them. But, for the sake of all people like my brain-damaged character, I would not feel any hesitation in doing the biggest enticement campaign in the world.

They are, quite frankly, scum.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I agree with you whoal heartedly. The love scamming section of scams is the lowest of the low. They prey on people that are looking for one of the most important things in life. And that is the reason why I dedicate almost all of my time to love baiting. People have come to me and shared their faults and I've helped them feel a little better. Reassured them that they were not at fault, that these people do this for a living. Scammers are the bottom feeders of criminal activity. And personally I'm proud to have had the chance to make a difference against them, and this "cyber war" were all in.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Silverdew.

A big welcome to Eater.

We need more people like yourself to cause these scum pain.

Every member here will answer any questions, and there are never any silly ones, and encourage and train like minded people such as yourself.

We have fun times too.

There is a great spirit here.

Apply for a mentor here and read all the advice on offer here and here . Glad you have joined us.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm like Branwen, I have a few fake profiles on dating sites.

I don't entice and you would not believe the responses I receive.

After awhile, you can tell by their profile if they are a scammer. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419 Eater Smile

I have one fake profile up and it keeps me busy -- I personally don't go after one that says "I'm from nigeria"...I go for the one's that say they're in the us or uk...I had one tell me he was 35, in CA, a computer engineer - who has turned out to be 21, in nigeria, and just really good with computers...or at least he says that this week...

I look for almost english sentences, you start to get a feel for the pattern of mistakes...

the poems they open with - or the fact they're in love within 2 or 3 e-mails...

I don't see that I'm "enticing" them, I'm just letting them do what they do -

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, Silverdew. Very Happy

There's a ton of information here and definitely some complicated baits, but don't let that deter you from joining in. Ask for all of the help you need and take it slow until you're more comfortable. We're glad to have you aboard.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Silverdew,

Always nice to welcome new members to the love baiting section.

Just in reference to the word "Entice"
When I create a fake dating profile to pick up scammers, I use no photo unless I have to and when I do it is of an animal in a very unflattering position (Usually monkeys as it turns out)
I say that I am as old as possible, as short as possible and as heavy as possible, I smoke like a steam train and drink like a fish, there is absolutely nothing flattering about my profiles, yet each one gets a steady stream of scammers begging for me to pay them some attention

I dont know that I could say that is "enticing" but I suppose there is someone out there to suit everybody's taste.

Fortunately I am perfectly to the taste of scammers, they are not fussy at all Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Silverdew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy thanks guys!!!
I completely see where yr. coming from on the 'enticement' issue, esp. after reading Branwens comments :
Quote:
One of my early characters was a man brain-damaged in a road accident. He told of this, and his writing style made it obvious that he had no idea what was going on. The scammers who wrote to him gave him careful step-by-step instructions on how to draw some of his compensation payment out of the bank and send it to them by Western Union.

..really gets me angry.
Opposed to the usual 419 scam (the one which promises millions on the receipt of 'handling fees') which, it could be argued, plays on our negative emotions of greed. Love scams are more insidious since they target the totally innocent, the victims don't want the promise of vast wealth but simply to share their life with someone, positive for all concerned.
On a seperate note, this is all quite timely. I had forgotten I had registered with a site called Be2.net, recently I had a couple of emails which came from two supermodels (based on 'their' profile picture) based on the far side of Russia. Unfortunately I spammed their emails, since I think there was some personal info in my profile (before I got re-aquainted with this site). What I have done is to delete that profile, set up a googlemail account (thanks Canadian419 for the tips on the headers- nice one!!! I am learning the tools slowly) and set up a fictitious Be2.net profile. I used a picture from a Google image search. Is this safe to the person whose picture it is? Maybe I should follow the previous advice and use no picture, hmm, I think it will be ok. I have a couple of pictures of him (in case) and have just started getting familiar with Photoshop.
What is the etiquette in posting in this forum? What do you need to mask, and how do you do this? I will do further research myself and wait for the emails from that site. I will keep you all posted.
Genuinely, this site affirms that there is a positive (and fun) way to distract the pond-life from the calculating grooming of good people, distracting them to breaking point with a bit of luck. Bless you all!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about all the questions, actually the Stickys answer a lot of these things, I will read these and wait for some emails from my Be2.net profile.
Again, massive thank you to everyone here for the start of a fun hobby.
Just in case it isn't in the stickys, is it safe to use the email I registered on this site for baiting? I sincerely do not want to compromise the great work done here.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silverdew, just some random thoughts for you to consider based on some knowldge from what I know about scammers and their victims

It is very common for the victims of scams to be so in love with the scammer that even after finding out he is stealing from them, they still refuse to believe, romance scam victims really are in love in many cases, they thought their husband or wife really is coming to visit them, what is money when it comes to love and these scammers have had lots of practice so they can be very good at it.

In many cases, even after showing unmistakable proof, the victim still continues to want to believe so they keep looking for resons to discredit any proof, of course, the scammer is not going to let their victims go without a fight and they will continue to email or call and continually harrass weaving even more lies, to a victim in love, they really want to believe the person they are in love with, and the truth is often thrown aside to continue the fantasy.

What would I know about this you may ask, I just described a person who I sent an email to a couple of minutes ago

I didn't check but presume Cathartic Kate's post had links to the Romance baiting FAQ, please read that before going too far and keep asking those questions.

Quote:
What is the etiquette in posting in this forum?

Say nice things about the mods when you get a chance, they really do a fantastic job

Feel free to praise the other members when you are impressed with their baits

Whenever possible, post your scammers details on a site like www.scamwarners.com and/or www.romancescam.com

Unless you have checked to make sure the scammers details are already publicly posted, dont hide their details.

Do keep your own details out of the forums, especially real ones but also your baiting details

Quote:
What do you need to mask,

Not much really, your own baiting details maybe, but you could just leave them out

Quote:
and how do you do this?

Just dont post them
You could also use leet for one letter or highlight 1 word and press the mask button, but this is very seldom necessary

Oh, BTW, the first 2 tips are the most important Wink Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Silverdew wrote:

Just in case it isn't in the stickys, is it safe to use the email I registered on this site for baiting? I sincerely do not want to compromise the great work done here.

Welcome Silverdew,,
Please remember your dealing with professional criminals, So the safety thing is paramount.
Everything you do, should be a complete departure from your actual self, Your contact details with these people should be as safe as possible, which means it should bear no resemblance to your private life.
set up a new e-mail account for each bait, with a different user name, and photo. use Gmail / Fastmail / Hushmail / Rocketmail. And give out
no more information about your character then you need to. The more you tell the subject, the more you need to remember. Just remember none of it is real, as far as your concerned, it's like a Chess game, move and counter move, and make sure YOU stay in control. When you don't, it's time to leave.
And lastly have FUN.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Silverdew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Again, thanks for the tips. You guys are legendary.
I was reading a long thread started by Scarlett last part of 2008. Genius! Made me laugh and laugh. A sharp mind there, with heartwarming involvement from other members to keep the Lad running around ('Al3x' I think he thought he was)
Also read about the behind-the-scenes activities of some of the members here, moonlighting in the L00k3r sites to stop the scammers even getting a foothold. This has been a very positive insight into a problem I have always thought was 'one of those things which will inevitably happen'. To turn it completely around so that all the advantages the scammer thinks he has (anonymity / untraceability) are exactly the things which string them up, fuelled by their massive greed and ego.
Anyway, I have taken all the advice on board and have joined mybel0v3dnet using my spoof rtr@v1@tti (at) [email protected] account (googlemail the same as gmail?? also would appreciate someone here to test that account to see if there is anything which could possibly identity my true geo location. (usual applies, @->'a', 1is 'i' etc). I have extracted the header from a test email I sent to myself, the location given is from the google headquarters but I guess there is more to tracing than this).
I didn't include any photos on myb3l0v3dn3t profile, will send some pics of mass murderers if they still ask after me sending .dll files first. or let things just take their course, (probably best).
Anyway, I think I have enough to be going on with for now. will keep y'all posted.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Silver dew

The account is fine, unless your name is "g00glem" Wink

Seriously, its fine.

It sounds like you are ready and racing to create your own little dent.

Scarlett's Alex bait was great, when the bait first started she didn't set out to get a safari, just to waste a little of the scammer's time, by spotting an opportunity she was able to do the rest and it truelly was inspirational to see.

Behind the scenes stuff that our visitors never see,

just the odd bit yes, you would be amazed to know what some of our members are up to when they are not here baiting, distributing scam warning leaflets to their communities, talking to community groups about scams, spending time at Victim Support sites to advise people about scams, appearing on radio (do you actually appear on radio) anyway, you get the idea, we do much more than just bait

Some advice on leeting,

dont over leet, think about what a scammer may be able to google on in the rare instance when they use google to search for things (which is not very often)

Obviously, if you do a search on googlemail or gmail (yes, they are the same thing) you will get quite a few hits (155,000,000 to give you an idea)
so it is unlikely that a scammer would sort through 155 million hits to find you here, also, if your bait name is Bill Bloggs, there would be little need for leeting at all, I am sure it comes up in many thousands of search results, to be on the safe side, you may want to leet, just 1 letter of one of the names, for instance "Bill B1oggs".

We do have some members and visitors who use adaptive software to read these pages to them for a variety of reasons, when the software reads a line like this "mybel0v3dnet using my spoof rtr@v1@tti (at) [email protected]"

they will hear

"mybel - zero - v - three - D - net - using- my spoof - R - T - R - @ - V - one - @ - T - ti - (at)- G - zero -zero glem - @ - one - L .com"

<those with adaptive software nod in agreeance>

You'll get the hang of it

Silverdew
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^No yr. right, I am being a little paranoid about 'leeting' (new term for me), googled the email addy I use for the myblove'ed website profile, nothing back. I will always err on the side of caution if I don't know.

Thanks for the inside track though ('Very Happy') The reality here would be that the scammers would normally have more to do than check every email address, nickname through google, not sure 'A1ex' would know how to twig a counter-scam anyway. The fog of greed.

Quote:
the account is fine, unless your name is "g00glem" Wink

ha! no: and the rest. It gives me scope for dubious mafiosi stereotype spiel later, better not mess wit da 'Traviatti family (import/export multinational)... (having said that, it's probably more fun to see what other opportunities arise. Reading some of the posts, it's amazing how things develop outside the way things start out. Actually the gangster angle is based on a great 4I9 scam I read on the 'Letters Archive' section of this site. Best not have too many predetermined strategies, the originals are the best (and funniest). Having said that, I get to the point that in reading all the righteous work already done here... gives you options and latitudes. May need a mentor soon though. Will wait for bait.

Quote:
you would be amazed to know what some of our members are up to when they are not here baiting, distributing scam warning leaflets to their communities, talking to community groups about scams, spending time at Victim Support sites to advise people about scams, appearing on radio (do you actually appear on radio) anyway, you get the idea, we do much more than just bait

Yes, more hoopla for ya moopla. This is all great stuff. It would be good to get to the point where scammers feel it is no longer worth their time, effort or money to post on dating websites. Well worth it from all the horror stories I have read previous to people finding out about this site.
Anyway, may not post for a while. Nothing new to report and I won't take up everyone's time. I can navigate around here better now than when I first came.. so thanks guys! Will keep you posted.
Murry, you are a star!! Smile Smile
(Sorry, had to mask email used here since I just google'd the address I was using, one post and it links to this very forum post. whoops!)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way too kind Silverdew wrote:

Murry, you are a star!! Smile Smile

Perhaps a dull one Silverdew but thanks all the same Embarassed

Not so long ago I posted a long ago written account of my first bait, for reference it's here http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158149

for a begginer I guess it had everything, it started out just a bit of learning and time wasting, but ended up so much more;
Mistakes - I made a big mistake towards the end which realy prevented my goal
Failure - I didn't get what I wanted at the end
Lessons learnt - lots of those
Success - I managed to waste loads of the scammers time and while I did that I had posted all of the scammers scripts
Fun -I still believe the most important element for a new baiter
Education - well, you can be the judge of that
Developement - The form I created went on to be used with great success by others, never by me
Inspiration - well, I like to think it had that

The forums contain endless inspiration and stealing other people's idea is encouraged, read some of them and learn from not only success but also from failure and do ask if you have questions, there will always be somebody to answer your questions

Edited to fix tagging, you would think I would get that right by now Embarassed

Last edited by Murry Guru on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The wisdom I get from murry is never ending it seems. When I first joined this place I also had a great bait, Since then, I've helped numerous people. Trying new things and experimenting with your own style to create a perfect storm. I settled on this section. Just go out and kick some ass. Make a dent.

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Make a dent.

I always have liked that, we may never be able to stop them, but I am proud of every single dent I have made and equally as happy for the dents that others have made as well

@Canadian, thank you for the nice words

BTW Did I send you a PM recently? just wondering, I kind of thought I did Wink

Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no PM from you in my box. I'll just wait patiently until it arrives. *begins staring at messages*

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong messages Wink

And from the wrong name

Canadian419
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so confused. I see the proverbial banana peel coming, and I don't think I can stop in time...

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK,

How about now

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic