SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cheque massbait - maybe on again - watch this space

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My tactic: I'm a double amputee (1st Marine Maintenance Battalion Iraq) and can't leave the house to go to WU. Asking for a bank account.

My messages are coming from the dept3 address. I am S@ndra B3cum in Ev@nsp0rt, 0hi0.

Edit:
Slick mugu wrote:
You can have it transfered online at www.westernunion.com

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bohigal, that's *very* interesting - I understand payments via WU.com are treated differently due to the credit card clawback facility, if anybody has more information this could play right into our hands (or get a mule in trouble, but we have to hope)??
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK...I give up...what is a credit card clawback facility? Confused

I have been instructed to wire the money to the Philippines. He is getting impatient, but I am out of town.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Impatient is good - now he's on your time Smile

Clawback - if you buy something defective with a credit card (eg book a flight and the airline goes bust), you can complain to the credit card company who have to credit your account and get their cash back from the vendor. There are many constraints and limitations of course, but it's a last resort insurance against improper businesses.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Worth noting - the UK WesternUnion site has a limit of £999.99 (or USD equivalent - still under $1450) for a transaction to Philippines. In fact "Money transfers can only be purchased using a MasterCard® or Visa® credit card or debit card issued by a United Kingdom financial institution. The maximum initial send amount for a money transfer is £ 600.00 or £ 999.99 per 30 days."

Some of you may find that useful
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

immobilized character wrote:
Dear George,

Well dear, if UPS ever gets off their brown bums and corrects my address, I will send you my response concerning the funds! We are in a rural area here and the drivers are none too smart or hard-working. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
S@ndra
No offense to UPS drivers out there - my sister in law drives for them.
curt lad wrote:
Alright S@ndra,I expect your soonest email
First-name basis now? I get the impression he responds better to (preys on) women. With the dears and such I'm hoping to get some lovin' going here. It'll be slow going with this one I can see. My "soonest" email will be at least 24 hours from now.

You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Safari Bibian
Donate to Eater
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First name terms? Wonderful Smile Our lad needs somebody to call a reliable friend just now, he may shortly find his US printer/mule vanishes (Harvest Moon has got some details for them, we'll try a warning with our scamwarners friends) and he'll need a new reliable one - it would be convenient if you were lining yourself up to be a natural contender!

If we manage to kill his UPS account and mule he will hopefully recruit one of ours and give us a victim list to mail cheques to - pwnage is then imminent, so I'd really like our next printer to be one of us!

Everyone out there - get on the list! Apply for jobs, get recommended by friends here (those he's still talking to, share the love and post his email addresses as he changes them!) The aim, if there can be such a thing in baiting, is to fill his list with just baiters and warn all the vics off!
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a check for $2,255.00. My first check Smile
The bank on the check is a real bank in Texas. Do we do anything to warn the bank about this?

He is waiting for me to return from a business trip to send it on to the Philippines, and he is a little annoyed. I am not sure when will return.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what is the right email for this guy you want baited ?
tnx

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are more addies that I realised.
Try [email protected] or [email protected].

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok thanks email sent Twisted Evil

"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
Closed lad accounts
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
he'll need a new reliable one [mule] - it would be convenient if you were lining yourself up to be a natural contender!

I'd be happy to do it, but I have a feeling darling George is only going to hire someone who actually sents the cash to Mr. Novaleeches in Quezon City. We'll see.

Safari Bibian
Donate to Eater
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well he'll need someone - HM is talking to the mule today (I tried earlier) as he has her details, and we'll see if we can get a victim list for the mods here to warn, leaving only baiters Smile

HM - please PM a moderator with the bank info, they'll let you know what can be done from the bank's end, or be able to pass on any useful info to our mysterious shadowy friend Alan.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So the woman we though might be a mule is not a mule, but a victim of identity theft. Her name was used as the return address on the fake check that the lad sent my baiting character.

This poor woman had her identity stolen last October (2008). They tried to use her credit card and successfully set up a UPS account in her name. Since that time she has received approximately 300 pieces of mail. People from all over the US have been "returning" bad checks back to her, usually accompanied with nasty notes. Since her name is not very common, her telephone number is easy to find on the internet. She receives telephone calls at all hours of the day and night. Of course, the tone of these calls are not very friendly. She is fearful for her personal safety.

The police have visited her on several occasions, because people have called them to report her as somebody who is passing fake checks. The county DA has also been involved. All law enforcement has told her is to "ride it out" as it will "pass".

She was thankful for my call, since I am the first person that she talked to that expressed sympathy towards her ordeal. I suggested that she stop in Scamwarners for some support.

The scammers are still using her name to set up UPS accounts. She is no longer getting charged for them, but they are still using her identity as the return address on the packages. She has asked UPS to block any accounts set up in her name, but they are still getting away with it. Does anybody have any contacts at UPS that could help get some action?

She has saved all of the checks that have been returned to her with all of the returned envelops, etc. If anybody thinks this would help, she is willing to send them on. Does anybody have any suggestions of any other course of action to get the scammers to stop using her name?

The local and state police in her area are aware of the situation, are there any other LE agencies that she should contact?

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch - it's when you see the collateral damage like this lady you remember why we bait Sad

This, and some other recent evidence, suggests this is a highly organised group at least partly based in Western Europe. It'll take our greatest minds, all suggestions and ideas welcome.

Well done HM for what must have been a tough call.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The poor woman. Great work HM. Let's continue to make this bastard's life hell. He remains friendly with me; I am using the excuse of flooding in my part of the US (real) to stall him until we work out modalities.

Safari Bibian
Donate to Eater
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just stopping back in to say great job all. But especially to HarvestMoon!!

You have certainly gone above and beyond the normal baiting here and you deserve some kudos! happy crowd

It sounds the the victim was happy to hear from you and you were probably the first person that really sympathized with her. Thanks for showing her and others why we do what we do. Well done!

Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Ditto! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all! I would really like to see this bunch suffer! How can we get some more people to join the bait? Do we know what introductory emails he is now using, since that one recruiting.dept email address was closed?

Dora, I could use a roommate....

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ We've PMd, but I just want everyone to know...I am back and I am now HarvestMoon's new roommate!

(Too bad I am not a good roommate! Wink )

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have received a reply from our scammer lets see what he sends me in the mail

Closed lad accounts
bruckner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, I'm back in at the new email address with a female character. I told him my friend Sandra recommended that I contact him Smile
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done - he won't talk to any of my characters, although he seems happy enough to sell my email addresses on.

It's a shame we couldn't nip the mailing bud from his network - I think we've got somebody here who has been heavily baited in the past, as he's very paranoid - at least his vics will be fewer overall. It does mean he's not very interactive or fun though.

In terms of playout modalities I suggest we keep on with the straight baits and finding excuses to just keep collecting the cheques - I can't see how we can hurt him properly, but I'd love to hear any ideas you may have, fellow baiters?
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like Dora is my daughter. And she took off for the weekend with the check in her purse. Maybe she will loose it?

We want to find a way to get him to send another check?

bruckner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, so he bit.

Since I've got no dropbox, what should I do for the address? Just make something up completely, or just randomly pick a street/town/state by playing pin-the-mugu-on-google-maps game?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic