SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Led my mother on, then broke her heart...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sardine2510
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So my mother tells me earlier last weekend about this new man in her life. He lives near her, is wealthy, has a big house but is in Nigeria on business. He's a contractor, building roads. His two kids are also in the family business but live in Paris. And the wonderful thing is that he and the grown kids are coming to visit her next week. The kids really want to meet this wonderful woman he met on Yahoo! Personals so they are returning to France, from Nigeria, via the US.

So of course I tell her that it is a scam, he has no house near her, there is no way that the kids are going from Nigeria to Paris via the US, and make her promise that she won't go meet him by herself. I told her to be sure not to give him any money when he asks.

I got an IM from her this morning, "You were right."

Below is the moneygram. She told him she has no money, he said she should take out a loan. Just be sure to send him via Western Union ASAP. After a few rounds she finally told him that she was not going to communicate with him any longer. So I'm thinking, since I know so many actual details, perhaps I should have some fun taunting him. Any advice?

If anyone wants to bait him in general, grab his email below.

--- The email where he comes out with the request for money ----

Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:27:58 AM
Subject: Tragedy,.. Urgent Attendtion Need

Hello sweetie,
How are you doing and how is everything going with you .I went to the airport with Terry to pay for our ticket that i booked and i got the worst thing of my life....We was mugged on our way to the international airport i think i was setup by the taxi man that take us from local airport to Internetaional airport..He drove us to an unknown road and just stopped and before i know 3 other men came out from another place and took away stuffs...My wallet,my credit Cards.my handbag ,everything i bought here.Terry was trying to struggle with them and they shot his left ankle and he was collapsed ,my vital documents but that can be gotten back ....I was brusied myself but i am alright ...A good samaritan offered us a lift to the nearest Hospital that was Terry is now and from there to the police station and i reported the case to them and they said they will work on it, i should come back in 3 days time ...what rubbish...
Well babe i am in the hospital right now using the doctor laptop to send you this message so you can know my situation and how to pray hard for me today and my daughter ....for the sake of our love and GOD please come to her rescue and save her life and i'm promising you that as soon as she gets alright we would be making plans and arrangement to get back into the state.I never intend to make promises that i will never fulfil in my life .I promise you that i will let you have your money back immediately we do get back to the state in Good return,, i dont even mind paying you times 3.. all the money that i brought along with me to get the project done and accomplished has been stolen by the armed robbers darling..Here i am wanting you to loan me the money the Dr requested for Terry treatment so that she can recover from the great loss of blood..Presently Terry is being admitted at the HOSPITAL ..I was been told by the DR that the bullet needs to be removed and before any necessary treatment could commence i need to get the money right immediately so that Terry can get back on her feet dear..The Dr asked me to get the sum of 1,990.00 US dollars before treatment can commence on her..I'm so much worried and concerned about her and cant just afford to loose her at all...Please am so much in need of your help , i cant acces my account from here due to the fact that i block it before i left the state, so i alled my bank now and they said they nee dmy physical apperance to the bank before i can access money
I'm promising you that as soon as you can be able to get the money sent immediately today i will be definately let you have your money back from me as soon as i can be able to get back the state to be with you.. ,You need to be considerate and try as much as possible and understand Terry's present situation in pain and sorrow in the hospital..Try as much as possible and save a soul..I have been so much worried and concerned about her cause i do love her so much and adore her..Hope i can count on you in saving Terry's life.
Will Await your reply soonest.

Take care.
your true love
Michael

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sardine

Welcome to 419eater

2 bits of advice for you straight up;

Firstly, read the romance baiting sticky, you will find a link in my signature line, it has loads of great information on love baitng that will help you to get started

2nd piece of advice, Post up the scammers details at Scamwarners here http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13 you will need to sign up first, when you do be sure not to put in any real details about yourself or your mum

I could also make other suggestions but most are in the love sticky anyway Wink

Well done for spotting it, I hope your mum gets over it quickly, I have seen what scammers can do to peoples emotions.

It's probably not a bad idea to teach your mum about what you learn here as well, if she is going to be meeting people online, she needs to know how to spot the scammers

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask

Edited typos,
It is late Embarassed

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.

Last edited by Murry Guru on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, that is a classic script. The man always gets mugged or has his hotel room robbed. Sorry to hear about your mom, but it could have been worse -- much worse.

Murry's advice above is sound.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your mum may also want to have a look at romancescam.com, she'll soon see she's anything but alone, sadly.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a bit of a follow up to point out what makes it look like a scam email

From: Michael Allan 2 first names is very common of scammers, they simply dont understand Western names

<[email protected]> The email address in this case doesn't lead to any hits but when it is posted at Scamwarners it will

Tragedy,.. Urgent Attendtion Need The urgent nature, scammers are always racing against the clock knowing that their potential victim mat find out its a scam and wanting their money before the game is up

Hello sweetie, He hasn't used a name, its very common for them to address you as dear, dearest, babe, hunny, anything but an actual name, by doing this it makes it easier for them to send the same email without the risk of getting the name wrong

How are you doing and how is everything going with you an exact search on this phrase brings up loads of hits from dating and my space profiles Click Here

OK, that was a common looking phrase so it may be a cooincidence, lets try another "Well babe i am in the hospital right now using the doctor laptop" there are a few ladisms in there as well but a search on that phrase, while not giving any exact hits does lead you to this Click Here

From here on I have highlighted common lad mistakes and habits, I wont give any description on why but you will work most of them out.

We was mugged on our way to the international airport i think i was setup by the taxi man that take us from local airport to Internetaional airport..He drove us to an unknown road and just stopped and before i know 3 other men came out from another place and took away stuffs...My wallet,my credit Cards.my handbag ,everything i bought here.Terry was trying to struggle with them and they shot his left ankle and he was collapsed ,my vital documents but that can be gotten back ....I was brusied myself but i am alright ...A good samaritan offered us a lift to the nearest Hospital that was Terry is now and from there to the police station and i reported the case to them and they said they will work on it, i should come back in 3 days time ...what rubbish...
Well babe i am in the hospital right now using the doctor laptop to send you this message so you can know my situation and how to pray hard for me today and my daughter ....for the sake of our love and GOD please come to her rescue and save her life and i'm promising you that as soon as she gets alright we would be making plans and arrangement to get back into the state.I never intend to make promises that i will never fulfil in my life .I promise you that i will let you have your money back immediately we do get back to the state in Good return,, i dont even mind paying you times 3.. all the money that i brought along with me to get the project done and accomplished has been stolen by the armed robbers darling..Here i am wanting you to loan me the money the Dr requested for Terry treatment so that she can recover from the great loss of blood..Presently Terry is being admitted at the HOSPITAL ..I was been told by the DR that the bullet needs to be removed and before any necessary treatment could commence i need to get the money right immediately so that Terry can get back on her feet dear..The Dr asked me to get the sum of 1,990.00 US dollars before treatment can commence on her..I'm so much worried and concerned about her and cant just afford to loose her at all...Please am so much in need of your help , i cant acces my account from here due to the fact that i block it before i left the state, so i alled my bank now and they said they nee dmy physical apperance to the bank before i can access money
I'm promising you that as soon as you can be able to get the money sent immediately today i will be definately let you have your money back from me as soon as i can be able to get back the state to be with you.. ,You need to be considerate and try as much as possible and understand Terry's present situation in pain and sorrow in the hospital..Try as much as possible and save a soul..I have been so much worried and concerned about her cause i do love her so much and adore her..Hope i can count on you in saving Terry's life.
Will Await your reply soonest.

Take care.
your true love
Michael

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Sardine, Welcome. Glad to her that your mother told you about the situation before she made the mistake of sending money. Please post up the info at scamwarners and romancescam.

If you are going to play with this lad, make sure you do it safely. Especially since he has your mother's personal info.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe I shouldn't say this, or maybe you shouldn't tell your Mom at least, but it's pretty poor laughable Lad crap. Is Terry his daughter, and if she is, why does he keep caling her 'he' at the beginning ?

The general rule among thieves is that if you hand over your wallet, money and cards, then they don't shoot you, but if they do, they blow your brains out.

I would presume that any US citizen with means and wealth would take out travel insurance and, as he has obvious access to a laptop and the internet, he can also contact the US Embassy who would, I'm sure, help out a wealthy visitor. Hasn't he even contacted the Embassy ? and what did his business associates arrange for him ? Didn't he tell them ?

You can tell scammers who have been to the US Embassy because they all have their backside stamped with the boot of a guard.

Your Mom should tell him that the daughter's injuries are minor compared with the brain damge he appears to have suffered.

If he's a business man I presume he knows his bank manager personally and could ring him to ask for a transfer of money. In such a situation, a bank would allow that if the person ringing is known to someone senior personally. You DON'T ask someone you only know over the internet, UNLESS you're a scammer, and if he lives in the USA I presume your Mom isn't the only person he knows there.

Your Mom should reassure him that his daughter won't die, but she may have a limp if they manage to save her leg.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to defend the vic a bit here...it sounds to me like she realized that it was a scam as soon as she got the plea for money. I'd be willing to bet she would have realized it even if she hadn't been warned.

I have to agree it's a pretty piss-poor effort, though. I've definitely seen better attempts. The good news is that this lad probably doesn't make a whole shitload of money off it. There can't be too many people dumb enough to fall for that one.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nicely put Gomer

Even if they didnt have insurance the Embassy would help them out, surely owing the govment money would be better then begging off newly met internet friends? Wink

AS for taunting him
if he has any real life deatils drop hom

read the stickies
bait safe
go after him from a new email account
( with false details etc )
Sardine2510
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, my mom is naive. Luckily she manages the little money she has wisely. I asked her about Terry being a woman but referred to as 'he' and she had already noticed this. Anyway, she seems to have gotten over it. She's pretty upset that someone would make up such lies though.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Tell her not to be upset. This was one of literally millions of attempts by an African scammer to steal money from a Westerner. She should feel good that she recognized it before it was too late. She needs to remember that the person she thought she was talking to is fictional - he doesn't exist. The person who sent her those emails is just a scumbag mugu working in a smelly dusty internet cafe in Lagos, who spends all his time trying to persuade people to send him money. Nothin' personal. It's not lies to them - it's a job.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is Terry his daughter, and if she is, why does he keep caling her 'he' at the beginning ?

Transgendered?

I'd like to know who is this meanie doctor at the ER who refuses to remove a bullet unless he's paid in advance. For shame!

SO glad your mom didn't lose any money to this scumbag!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic