SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

nigerian Cybercriminals may go free even when caught

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NotPhil
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/29046/51/

Quote:
Tuesday, 17 February 2009

One of the conclusions drawn at the end of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development held in Geneva, Switzerland in 2003 was that inadequate legal and regulatory frameworks constitute the most important factor hindering developing countries, including Nigeria, from achieving maximum economic potential from ICT...

In Nigeria for example, cyber criminals have developed more sources than the computer alone, to making their living.Besides hacking on peoples websites, emails and other online environments, using them for selfish and criminal activities, the hackers have advanced their trade, making the Global system for mobile communications, GSM, the new toast of their heinous crime.

[article continues]

^ mind you I realize the UN is entirely feckless; "international law" is a misnomer at best.

Quote:
since there is no cybercrime law in Nigeria, perpetrators of such crimes go scot free even when caught.

Shocked

* unenahnce email with gibberish
despite my post count I am nowhere near mastery.. honesty in RL seeping in
click2call modality: burn up those minutes

"but be what you have to send under" - St3phani3 Blanch0t
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic