SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not SURE about this one guys.. need help.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
-419-MIKE
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's what I got in an email. Something seems MIGHTY fishy about this. Here's the deal. Once you pay them 39.99, they will then issue you a NEW number (other than your social security number) which you will use on credit applications in place of your social. Not only that, the new number will have already been 'doctored up' so that it looks like you have OUTSTANDING CREDIT. You can edit the 'showing credit' under that issued number which will allow you to show that you have paid for this and that, made payments on time, paid the balance... and so on.

Here's the image in the email. I have edited the image and put the target of the "Step One" button out beside it. Once I've clicked that button, it automatically redirects me to this link: hxxp://www.getexcellentcredit.com/ (replace the hxxp with http and paste into your browser.)
As interested as I seem to be, since I can't wait to get out of debt (WHO DOESN'T, RIGHT?) I was rather interested in find out what this initial link was all about (the one I put on the image) so I went HERE: hxxp://www.lather.info (replace the hxxp with http and paste into your browser.) and what do you know...? It is a forum... check it out during your investigation.

Here's the quote from the site, and they want you to pay with a check online:

Quote:
"Excellent Credit in 15 Days... Guaranteed !!"
The information that you are about to receive is shocking but it is 100% true and 100% legal. In fact, it is the exact same technique used by attorneys, doctors, and accountants. Have you ever heard of any of these types of professionals having any difficulty at all with obtaining any type of loan, mortgage, or credit card? Of course not.

Over the past several years we have perfected our Proven Program. It's a guaranteed way of legally getting an excellent credit rating almost instantly.

Here's how:
If you have bad credit you will simply go through our easy 5 step program to quickly get a new, legal, unblemished credit file and establish Excellent Credit. If you don't have bad credit, but want to make your existing credit EXCELLENT, we will go straight to Step 5.

100% Legal
Works for Anyone
Used by Lawyers, Doctors, etc.
Obtain Mortgage, Auto Loans, etc.
Used by Thousands in the U.S.A.
Obtain Credit to Get Cash Instantly

Step 1:
Because no two people in the United States have the same Social Security Number, Banks and Creditors access your credit file almost entirely by your SS#. You will not want to change your Social Security Number because it is extremely difficult to do so and you need it for your Employment, Taxes and Social Security Benefits. The FEDERAL PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 clearly states that only the Government and your employer can force you to use your SS#.

The first day you become our client, you will receive your own number through the Employer Identification Number Program. But you can only use this technique once in your lifetime, so make sure to keep your new credit file clean.

Because the Federal Laws do not require you to give your SS# to anyone besides your Employer and the Government, you can now legally use this number in place of your SS# on credit applications. Remember, your new number will only be used for new credit.

Step 2 - Step 5:
To guarantee that you will quickly have EXCELLENT CREDIT, we will assist you in instantly adding UNLIMITED positive information to your credit file. This is a rarely known way of adding real accounts to your new credit file to give you an Excellent Credit Rating in less than 15 days. As you know, the more positive information on your credit file, the more money banks will lend you. Countless people have credit lines over $100,000 because of this Proven Technique!
When finished, you will receive a copy of your credit file proving that you now have excellent credit! This will take less than 15 days. You will now be able to easily qualify for ANY credit you apply for... Guaranteed !!

Risk Free Double Your Money Back Guarantee:

Our Proven Program unconditionally guarantees you will qualify for personal loans, business loans, credit cards, auto loans, home loans and any other credit you apply for. If you are not able to qualify for credit after using our program, simply return your Proven Program along with your denial letter and your $39.99 investment will be refunded 200%... guaranteed!

That's a $79.98 refund if this doesn't work for you.

We make this guarantee to you because this Proven Program has already helped thousands of people just like you.

We KNOW it works - all you need to do is sign up TODAY! We truly look forward to making you another SATISFIED CLIENT!!

We are BOC, Inc. at 8753 Broadway in San Diego, CA 91941,
and we stand by behind our commitment to you 200%... Guaranteed!

"Excellent Credit in
15 Days... Guaranteed !!"

Only $39.99
With Free Credit Score

Let me know what you guys think. Something just doesn't sit right with me... IF I were to do this and use the newly replaced social security number, ... wouldn't that be falsifying records?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from Surplus.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
-419-MIKE
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

name resolves to: http://p3slh128.shr.phx3.secureserver.net/

lather.info Blacklisted:

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/mikesg72/creditfix2.jpg

I haven't looked up the redirected domain yet.

Mod edit - large image changed to a link to prevent blowout, 600 pixels maximum width for images, please - SP
-419-MIKE
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for moving it and I apologize for posting in the wrong place.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing to apologize for, Mike. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if they really did what they say they do, since a user would essentially be attempting to obtain money and/or credit using false information, I would expect that this would be considered fraud, which is illegal. A quick search of Google shows numerous cases involving fines and/or jail time for falsifying loan applications.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HMMMM! Double my money back. I think I might sign up everyone in my family Twisted Evil

So how would one go about baiting in this scenario? I'm not gonna, but I am curious as to what a seasoned baiter would/should/could do in this case.
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-419-MIKE wrote:
HMMMM! Double my money back. I think I might sign up everyone in my family Twisted Evil

So how would one go about baiting in this scenario? I'm not gonna, but I am curious as to what a seasoned baiter would/should/could do in this case.

I'd question everything, like "How much paperwork must be filled out?" and "Will my boss know" and "Will I need a new credit card?"

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can get your own EIN for free.

The problem is that EIN's use numbers which are invalid for SSNs. Many credit companies will verify that a SSN is valid before issuing credit - if the EIN is used, it fails the test and you're SOL.

Also, to get an EIN, you need to follow IRS rules.
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=97872,00.html
one of the things is: You must have a valid SSN.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Booger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to this website and did what they said. In about a month I had a new credit file with a credit score of around 645 and I got a credit card with a low limit of $500. But it did work. Once I was a client, I was able to talk to people in the company, but before that I couldn't talk to anyone. They seem to be legit. It is not illegal. It is the same method that doctors and lawyers use to establish another credit file in their own name, but it can only be done once in your lifetime so I am trying hard not to screw it up again.
B8er
Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, call me a cynic but user sets up an account just to post good things about this 'scam'. Wouldn't be your site would it by any chance Booger?

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
Booger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, it is not my website.... I went to igoogle.com, my start page and typed in excellent credit in 15 days since I couldn't remember the exact url to see if they had anythng new to offer, and I saw this website talking about the same thing. I really don't care if you think it is a scam or not, but I started typing a response to someone's blog question and since I had used it before, I thought I would respond to help out but it made me choose a username and a passcode to post it.

It seems mighty funny that people are allowed to say bad things about things even if they have never even used the product. But I can see now that this blog is only for people who just want to sit around and complain about things and call people scams and just are basically negative about life. I think you people should grow up and get a life.

I made the mistake of responding to your question and now I can see that all you want to do is pull me into this downward spiraling toilet bowl of negative energy. Not interested, and I really don't have the time. I will never post on this blog again, and I do not want to be a part of this gang of vigilantes that the welcome email wrote about.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That post piqued my curiosity, so I tried the exact same igoogle search (pasted straight from the poster's email). This board didn't come up in the first 6 pages. I then tried changing quotes/caps, no dice--eater was nowhere on the list.

When I google the website itself (without the http portion) just as I (and most site owners) do periodically to check on my own website, this board was on the first page.

Associate Boomdazzler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And funnily enough there is a message on another forum calling it a scam and guess what a user called goober signs up just to post a message singing the site's praises.

So booger/goober do you want to try again?

Safari x 5 Tattoo Golden Pig Easter 2015 Vcamera
United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaMalaysiaNetherlandsThailandCanadaUnited Arab EmiratesUnited NationsAustraliaSenegalSpainBeninChinaDenmarkGhanaIvory CoastKorean FlagSouth AfricaSwedenBurkina FasoCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyHong KongIndonesiaJapanNew ZealandSwitzerlandTogoTurkeyUkraine x 335 Elite Ninja Team Member Whip 🚽
Cellphone x 4 Closed lad accounts x 1746 x 1904 - Fake cheques: $4,392,620.83
Safari Team Woody - Ghana to Singapore - 11535km
bobbymcgee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B8er wrote:
And funnily enough there is a message on another forum calling it a scam and guess what a user called goober signs up just to post a message singing the site's praises.

So booger/goober do you want to try again?

lol, those scammers man Rolling Eyes
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fakeamonials. Hallmark of scammers. I wonder how many sockpuppets will register and post their fakeamonials on this one?

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic