SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scots Fishermen, Dialect

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heard two fishermen nattering on HF radio earlier. When you hear these guys talk, it's nearly always the same accent. Definitely north of the border, but I think I hear a little bit of Geordie in there too. It'll probably surprise anyone outside of the UK to know they're even speaking English.

Anyone (maybe further north) know what region they might be from?

<a href="http://members.419eater.com/~psychedelia_smit/Trawlermen_55252.mp3" target="_blank" class="postlink">CLICKY</a>

For anyone with a shortwave receiver, they're still chatting on 5525 USB as I post this.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's definitely Jockenese, but I wouldn't know which area.

Is there still a directory published with a name and adress for each callsign? Its so long since I was in the RSGB, I don't know if they still do it, or if I'm in it.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're not radio amateurs, they're just fishermen, and they tend to yap on frequencies outside the trawler bands when they're outside UK waters.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now I realise that's not an amateur frequency Embarassed Told you it's been a long time, but I should start listening again.

I don't suppose the number stations are still going? Probably all done by txt msg these days.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

North East, I think?

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I don't suppose the number stations are still going? Probably all done by txt msg these days.

Laughing There are a few numbers stations left, mostly South American. All the old favourites have gone, Swedish Rhapsody went along with the Berlin Wall, even the Lincolnshire Poacher closed recently. That 5mhz frequency's not far from the new 60m amateur band though.

Hekate: D'you think they're maybe from one of the Islands off the Northeast of Scotland? Orkney?

Last edited by PsycheDelia_Smith on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds very Orkney.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys, wherever they're from, no doubt they know what a day's work is. Quite a tough breed.

MeridianAlicante
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To me it sounds like the accent that you get in the Borders, around about Galashiels. As Gala is landlocked however, I would say perhaps that they're from Eyemouth or Dunbar.

Mind you, its been several years since I was anywhere near those areas so I could be totally wrong Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 7 Mortar x2

Fake Cheques: $150,000

"May God bless you? Happy exams in advance Thanks," Mr. Herbert Horsey

Click here to support 419Eater.com
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have the same thing on this side of the pond,but our dialects are not quite so hard.As long as you can curse,you can follow it.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Was there a Fit man in there, which is an Aberdonian expression.
Otherwise I'd think Orcadian.
It was a wee bit difficult to pinpoint with the distortion
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say Aberdeenshire.

Probably trawling out of Peterhead.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic