SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What's this guy up to?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This person signed onto Scamwarners and posted some excerpts from Harry Potter in various places around the site. No explanation, just the strange postings. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2024#p7870
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=553#p7872

He has a link in his scamwarners profile to this website: [url]http://www.*spamsite*maplestorymesosshop.com/[/url]
I checked the site's registration and it is a one year registration created in Dec 2008. Something doesn't smell right...

Any thoughts?

Mucked up link since since getting it posted was probably the spammer's goal. -luckey

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey HarvestMoon!

Did you report the post at ScamWarners? I am sure a mod will be buy to clean up the mess he is making over there shortly.

I haven't checked that website from his profile yet.

Very Happy

ETA: Looks like it has been dealt with now. Wink

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a spammer. It's gone now. Very Happy

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks luckey! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I reported it to Scamwarners. But, I think it might be more than spam - the website could be a scam. Which is why I posted it here for others to take a look.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like someone has been to Scamwarners with a dust pan and brush, the postings appear to have disappeared....

As for the site. Well, maybe worth posting in the fake banks and web sites forum for further investigation.

©Copyright 2004-2008 MAPLESTORYMESOSSHOP.COM
MAPLESTORYMESOSSHOP has been in this field for over 3 years

Domain Name: MAPLESTORYMESOSSHOP.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS61.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS62.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 18-dec-2008
Creation Date: 18-dec-2008
Expiration Date: 18-dec-2009

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks IG. That's what I thought.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HarvestMoon:

I did take a quick look around that spammer's site. It really doesn't look like a AFF site; which is of course, what we work on and kill in FB.

I don't really know what that site is at this point and I don't have much time to investigate it. But take a look at it if you want and see what the deal is.

I may be wrong but I think it is just a crappy site. Maybe not legit; but I didn't see anything dealing with AFF.

Talk to you later! Very Happy

frank.lester
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the postings could also be from someone who is paid for doing advertisements in forums, where you need a login, which cannot be done bei a bot. like spreading flyers to everybody who's coming the way.
Maple Story Items ? dont know what its for.
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You all are much braver than I am.

I assumed it was a site for distributing malware and declined to visit.

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No luckey, you are just probably a whole lot smarter than I am! Laughing

I put up all my secret shields when I visited. It was boring to me so I just left. From their site:

Quote:
Welcome to our website, we sale maplestory mesos, powerlevelings,items and accounts.

Honestly, I don't know what maplestory mesos or powerlevelings are and really don't care. It just looks to me to be some crappy site, that I am sure is filled with bugs and virii and whathaveyou. And if you did buy anything there, I am sure you would be disappointed.

I just didn't see anything to make it worth killing. Very Happy

ILoveCrapfloods
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maple Story is an MMORPG. That site is a gold farmer site, selling in-game items for real money. There's lots of gold farmers who spam forums, wikis, and blogs. It isn't exactly a scam, but gold farming is against the terms of service of almost all MMORPGs.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all!

ILC - Can you repeat that in English?

Dora - WTF is AFF? I get the meaning of your post, but not sure what AFF stands for.

My brain is hurting from trying to decipher all the acronyms. Confused

DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HarvestMoon: Advance Fee Fraud. Fancy way of saying 419 crap from lads.

Them offering something (nothing, really) if a we would just send them that fee via Westy Onion or whatever.

Very Happy

HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what advance fee fraud is...just couldn't figure out what AFF stood for! The company I work for uses so many acronyms its hard to keep them all straight. AFF means something totally different to me.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Quote:
just couldn't figure out what AFF stood for!

You and me both. (attractive fanciable fellow)

Embarassed

If in doubt bluff, I find it works for me.

Wink

Anything iffy at SW or Eater just report and let the head beancounters sort it.

If wrong you just get looked at strangely, but what the hell! I am strange anyway.

Shocked

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maple Story is a role-playing game, and what that site was selling is probably in-game currency to purchase items and upgrade your character. I'm not 100% certain of this but my friend's sister plays it and that's what I think it is. Its just some people trying to sell virtual gold to players as an advantage over other players.
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cathartic Kate wrote:
^^^
If wrong you just get looked at strangely, but what the hell! I am strange anyway.

That makes a least two of us... Wink

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's how these things (frequently) work -

Someone logs onto a popular forum and posts some semirandom text (in this case Potter). They then place a link to their shop in their siggy. They are not looking to make real site members go to their shop, but for search engines to see a link from a reputable site going to their site, and raise their ranking in the search engines by borrowing legitimacy from the forum site. This is why you sometimes see bizarre meaningless posts as comments to long-forgotten blogs - they're spider food.

Sometimes it's for a store directly (in which case either ignore them or declare war), other times it'll be for an affiliate programme for a store etc, usually via a landing page. I did some corporate DVD's for a web marketing seminar company (lots of bottom-feeders in one room with fanciful talk of phantom fortunes), they didn't go this far, but many do. It's actually of low value as the search engine companies spend a fortune honing their algorithms to ignore link farming like this, but this is the bottom-feeder end of the market, not that savvy Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic