SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Numbers in names?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why do we replace like e with 3 and stuff? I'm just curious I see it all the time I'm wondering why it's customary here...

ALSO: I am pumped as I got my FIRST attachment !

Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So key words don't show up in search engines like G00gl3 (which some of the brighter lads know how to use).

Oh [the captive] ate his own willy!!! HAHAHAHA. I saw the look of excitement in his eyes like no other meat taste better!! yummm yummm! HAHAHAAHAHA. He cut his big right toe, his penis and penis shaft at different stages- funny funny funny!! He did this where some promiscous women do all sort of things. I know they were all thrilled. ahahahahahhhhhaaaaaa. His penis shaft was sewn to his nostril and more!! The doctor did a good job!! My men took picture of him parading him around the market square and public schools where everyone sang him wanker praises!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I will continue to torture him unless I receive my $150,000 reward for wasting my time!! Period!
Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PS Carrott. I forgot to say - nice trophy. It's quite rare to see one for an amount under one million currency units.

Oh [the captive] ate his own willy!!! HAHAHAHA. I saw the look of excitement in his eyes like no other meat taste better!! yummm yummm! HAHAHAAHAHA. He cut his big right toe, his penis and penis shaft at different stages- funny funny funny!! He did this where some promiscous women do all sort of things. I know they were all thrilled. ahahahahahhhhhaaaaaa. His penis shaft was sewn to his nostril and more!! The doctor did a good job!! My men took picture of him parading him around the market square and public schools where everyone sang him wanker praises!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I will continue to torture him unless I receive my $150,000 reward for wasting my time!! Period!
softie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As Ninastian said to prevent your thread from showing up in a google search, if your LAD is smart enough to try. However any forum protected by a login is safe from such searches and you can feel free to refrain from the practice. It makes it hard for any members who are vision impaired to read your post and you therefore may miss out on their insight.

BTW good work getting your first attachment. Strange that a European Union document would sport the Australian Coat of Arms. It wouldn't be fake would it? Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you both for your tips and for the compliments

Of COURSE it's not fake... that's a crazy thought haha as I stated in my request for a mentor I ASEM'd about 100 emails and about 72 bounced back but let me say there is an OVERWHELMING response haha... I have about 20 fresh emails and about 35 if you consider the contact back and forth I've had so far. This is so much fun ahah I'm using the address 4--4 9 M1nu5 30 Ave and then some place in UK when I fill out address hehe

Last edited by carrottshampoo83 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As mentioned above, you'll be surprised just how quickly pages in this forum get indexed by search engines (hours, often) so rather than tip off the lad, people use the numbers (the result is called "leet" (or l33t or 1337 etc) being a short form of "elite", where "3vil hax0r5" (actually mostly dumb kids wanting to appear superior) would use it to show off.)

Eater also has a mask and /mask tag which makes certain words unreadable by computers but appear like plain text in the forum. If you use it, use it sparingly as it apparently takes a bit of extra processing on the server (so avoid big blocks, just names and email addresses maybe)

Welcome, and good question Smile
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Smile

This area is safe though right as it is a log in only area?
Ninastian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would suggest that everyone using this site picks a few sentences at random from a sample of posts that are more than a few days old, and searches for them in Google using inverted commas.

Then make up your own mind about leeting.

carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeez googled a post from like 2 days ago showed up no prob... i edited the post giving the address i have been using as needed to separate everything Smile

Thanks guys that sucks isn't there a way to keep google from indexing pages?

How do you go about asking a lad to give you a photo trophy? Do you say something like 'I just want to verify what you actually look like so I need a picture of you with 'O mi gawd I sux dik' written on it' ???

Last edited by carrottshampoo83 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
softie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Main Scambaiting Forum is NOT protected by login. At least I believe. I just opened it as a guest.

I just googled sections of posts I have made behind the login and they appear safe to me.

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Carrot

I didnt understand why people were doing the whole l33t thing at first until I posted a excerpt from my first ever bait and the lad googled it and twigged me. He wasnt very happy . Very Happy
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

haha sounds like the worst way to be caught Razz I actually just got more trophys too haha 2 scans of terribly shopped credit cards and a passport for J0hn S70ck

haha also badly shopped I'm making my passport scan for sending out my scanner is 'broken'
haha

Also to reiterate my question because it was just edited into the other... how do you get them to send you photo trophies? Just like "Hey for id purposes please send me a picture of yourself with a sign that says 'aye suk' on it" like that

and for the record that link is 'masked' so I hope it won't show??
reverser87
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

carrottshampoo83 wrote:

Thanks guys that sucks isn't there a way to keep google from indexing pages?

Robots.txt is a possibility perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_Exclusion_Standard
carrottshampoo83
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

haha kind of scares me you just joined and your first post is in my thread....
softie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In regards to obtaining photo trophies; I've been using a heap of shiver metimbers material from the letters archive. Just copy, paste and minor modification to suit your own setup and ya done. I've had limited success but then again i'm still a noob at this game.

Example here:-

http://www.419eater.com/html/mariam_abacha.htm

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup robots would do it
Code:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

This would stop all indexing of the site by search bots. Which isn't good because then no one would ever find this wonderful place.

You can specify a list of disallowed URLs but i cant imagine how long that would be in a site like this. Probably not worth it.
reverser87
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /forum/

That would prevent the forum from being indexed if it was applied to forum.419eater.com, from what i can tell. This would allow the main page to be indexed as well as other content outside that folder on that subdomain.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We do know about robots.txt

It is considered far more important that scam victims might find us than that the occasional bait might be upset by a careful lad.

Currently the following fora are behind logins. Since Google is not a member of 419eater, posts in these fora do not get indexed. However this set is subject to change now and then:

SCAMBAITING HELP, HINTS & TIPS
PICTURES & VIDEO
AUDIO
TECHNICAL RELATED QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS & REQUESTS FOR 419EATER FORUM

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a super-low tech alternative to leet-speak is consistent misspelling of your lad's name when you post. this makes it more readable, especially compared to complicated leet-ized names. eg if your lad is Ali Musa Williams, just call him Alli Mussa Wiliams when you post about the bait. same deal with your character names.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love your idea, firehouse! Of course, you can also change the names to prevent google-ing. Tsnerd loves it when you change the scammer's name to 'Ted'. Wink

Also, just for reference, FB is also behind the login. We don't l337 in there. Since it is a working forum, we need to be able to easily read and reference the information in there.

Welcome to Eater, carrottshampoo83! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, yes some fora are so far behind a login, not even the forum name appears if you aren't logged in.

So the ones that are not safe are:

Main, General, Love/Dating, Misc, Publish and Surplus.

At the moment.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm against leeting. If I open a published bait and every other word is leeted, I just close it again. I'm down with the kiddies and all, but too much leet gives me a headache.

Some poeple on here are sight impaired and use text to speech software. Leet plays havok on that too.

Whilst I've been here, I can recall maybe 5 baits that were ruined by lads googling. There may be more, but it's still pretty rare.

Why not just change the scammers' names entirely? I see the point in leeting/masking funny church names and such, as changing them would ruin the joke, but that's about all that needs it.

I've even seen people leet finished baits. Ones that aren't even ongoing. If the lad finds it then it's just another layer of humiliation. Also, as it no longer matters, it's good that his email and name are visible in google. Scamwarners get a few vics a week who find out they're being scammed because of google.

/rant.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic