SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

French TV report

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jerome
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone !
I'm proud to announce here that the TV report we participated in has been aired this week on one of the national French channel.
It's a full 37 minutes long report on scams from west Africa AND on scambaiting.
It's one of the most complete report I've seen of the subject. The only pity is that it was too short about scambaiting... Sad
Anyway, here it is, divided into 4 parts for youtube.

I know most of you don't speak french so I've made a little summary for each part.

Part 1 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ovtfpU6aQ
- 3 minutes of ads that you can skip.
- Portrait of a French victim who lost 13,000 euros for a romance scammer from Ghana.
- Quick explanation of the scams, presentation of what the French government has put in place and its ridiculous advertisements.
- Where do these scams come from ? We go to Abidjan meet a scammer, Loto. We follow him buy some expensive shoes then go to his "job" in the cyber...

Part 2 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAUYhOFW3ww
- Loto explains how he conducts his romance scams with a (paid) actress and a webcam.
- Back to Paris. Victims begin to unite. Another portrait of another victim from a Nigerian romance scammer.
- Lotto scams explained. In Abidjan at the lawyer building, the janitor explains everything is fake.
- Portrait of Christian, a former scammer who spent 10 months in prison. His family knows nothing (or does not want to talk). Christian accepts to explain his technics.

Part 3 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR4_RkKD1OA
- End of Christian portrait.
- Portrait of a French victim currently in prison. He sent more than 400,000 euros to a scammer (claiming to have an inheritance for him.). Due to unpaid taxes and so on, he is currently in prison so we only see his parents. Even his lawyer has been fooled by the scammer...
- Back to Abidjan, Christian explains how he could pick up money at Western Union without any ID. Just some backshich... From 100 euros sent, 50 leave into other contacts.
- French police at the consulate. They can do not much. They work closely with the police from Abidjan.

Part 4 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2DPcPeE76E
- Police of Abidjan go to a cyber where some scammers could be located. Only some teens looking at hot sites. Police notes the email addresses on a piece of paper...
- Police department for cyber crimes. 10 people, half the number of computers... No internet.
- Some victims want to fight back ! Yeah. Chris explains the technics. She explains how scammers build fake IDs.
- Those "croque-escrocs" (scambaiters) are organized. She goes to Paris see another one. I show to her my last trophy, I explain rapidly what we do.
- Back to Abidjan, the Police has arrested a scammer ! (This is a must see Smile Smile )
- Scammers partying all the night.

In December we were shot during more than one hour to explain what we did and why we did it as scambaiters. At the end, only a few minutes. Sad

But it's nevertheless a great report about west Africa scams.
Hope you like it !

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great stuff Very Happy wow!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good work there soldier!!!

My command of the French language sucks but if we've got guys like you spreading the word il est bon!!!! clapping

Education is one of the greatest weapons at our disposal.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A great report. But a real shocker with the victim who sent over 400,000 Euros to scammers and ended up going to jail himself for borrowing money he couldn't repay. As Slightly said, education is the best tool we have. This will hopefully open some eyes in France.

Bien fait, félicitations!

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonderful, Jerome! Thanks for sharing this with us and for the work you do.

happy crowd

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darn, I don't speak French but I really wanted to watch this Sad
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is dead cool, dead dead cool Smile
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Merci, Jerome pour les clips du vidéo. Ils étaient très interessant et j'ai actuellement comprendu tout dans les vidéos.

I believe I saw something like this happened in Michigan where the mayor borrowed money from the government and gave it to the scammer and was charged with money laundering. I heard people in that city are suffering economically because of him too!

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
HarvestMoon
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jerome, Thanks for posting this and giving a summary for those of use who don't speak French. Education is our best weapon and with your summary was able to follow the story very well, even though I know very little French.

"You must really think i am a fool.God punish you for taking me for a joke" Dead George
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also thank you for allowing me to spread these good news Smile

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm getting more foreign language 419 scam mails, and come across more victims in third world countries nowadays.

I believe that Lads are scouring other sources for victims, so the more places the message is spread the better. If people who don't speak English see a 419 scam for the first time in their own Mother tongue, it can be so much more believable.

Getting the message out on TV has probably saved a large number of victims already, and if it means someone has some doubt in their mind when they get a scam, it will save many in the future.

Great work.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gomer: You lucky son of.....Can I has some that I can bait them in different languages.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic