SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Scammer :D

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have finally recieved my first email from a scammer. Aparently a women with an English sounding name is using the Japanese version of yahoo.

I'll keep you all updated.

If I wanted to post the emails would I need to diguise them somehow so they couldn't be googled?
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I post something on here from a lad to prevent them finding it by Google I just change a few of the o's to 0's. Many on here use leet like this. There is a mask function but if you use it for big chunks of text a grumpy mod will come along and slap your hands Laughing

Also it is a good idea to 'x' out yours and their Email addys and any phone numbers they might provide as this forum is open to public access and someone might try to get in on your bait.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that.

One final question does googlemail outstrip the other persons I.P address as well?
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Nope, unless they are using Googlemail themselves or a similar provider that strips IP's like Hushmail or Fastmail.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The person is using yahoo.co.jp but I can't see anywhere to click to reveal the text where the I.P address is located.
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bring up an Email he sent you and at the top right of that EMail on Googlemail you will see a drop down arrow next to 'reply.' Click on that and then click on 'show original' this will give you the Email complete with headers. The originating IP is usually the last IP shown before the message starts and is usually in '[]'. For example, Received: from [41.203.236.161].

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158171

Brand new super dooper IP university study by Thud419.

Wink

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
DoraTheExplorer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi rageofthehippos and welcome to Eater!

Everyone has their favorite way of checking headers. For me, most of the time, I just dump the whole mess into here: http://headertool.apelord.com/

As far as the leeting goes, I can understand why people do it. Just a couple of things you might take into consideration.

1) Several parts of the board are behind logins and aren't google-able. To check which fora are and aren't, just see which ones you can read without logging in.

2) Several members of this board are visually impaired and use screen readers. Excessive leeting makes it hard for them. Take a quick look at the thread in my siggy line.

3) Excessive leeting just drives me batty. Sorry, but it's true. I will stop reading threads because of it.

Glad to have to here; enjoy! Very Happy

Safari Vcamera Paga John Safari Vcamera Paga Willie Safari Vcamera Paga Kingsley Safari James

Safari The Dynamic Duo Travels! Vcamera Sand Timer
rageofthehippos
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey wanted to post these to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

Red = Scammer
Black = Reply
Blue = my opinion

Dear, I am xxxxx xxxxxx. The only child of my late parents. I want you to help me to invest this money my late father left for me and also to help me come over to your country. The total money is $3,500,000.00 and it is in the bank hear. I wait to give you more details

- xxxx xxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxx, My name is (bait name) and I am extremely sorry to hear about the passing of your family I hope you find comfort in this. I know litle about the stock market but I hear it is a good place to make money. I look forward to hearing from you again.

This was my first one and although it was only last night I think i messed up slightly by mentioning the stock market but I may get a reply early next week

I do have another one on the hook but I have a feeling I made a pain of myself too soon but again it'll have to wait and see.
agentbaiter
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't worry ive already told most of my lads ridiculous things. The fact that you owned up to not knowing much makes you more of an easy target.

Expect to hear from him again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic